The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prayers and Jingles for Epona142

I have been told that it was a good idea if I started a thread over here. You will have to forgive me, I am new to COTH but came over here because I know my good friend is a frequenter of this board.

On Thursday the 20th Epona142 came home from work finding her home in flames. The Fire department furiously trying to put it out. Luckily her brother had made it out alive and had tried to get the dogs out, singing hair from his head in the process. He also let Spyder out from behind the house. Unfortunately the house being older went up like tinder and it was a complete loss. In the house were everything she and her husband owned, include the lives of her furry family. Only one cat has been found alive and they believe that Junebug might have gotten out as well but has not been found.

The horses are ok (Spyder has some burns, Tiger some scrapes), the goats were moved weeks before so they are all ok. Only one cat we know has been found alive. She stayed at the neighbor's the first night. And is now staying with her employer. Thankfully she had been getting ready to move so she does have a place to go once they finish it up. But of course nothing can replace the lives of her furry family that was lost. All they have is the clothing on their back and their vehicle. And anything that people have been kind enough to donate to her so far.

I have been trying to spearhead the effort to help her and her family out. I am not sure if I can post a donation link here? Please let me know. If not feel free to PM me or add me on FB Jessica Groh (in Texas) and msg me there.

I "know" Epona as well...here is the link to the news story and pics:

http://www.kbtx.com/news/local/headl...184499311.html
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by DiluteMe View Post
    I have been told that it was a good idea if I started a thread over here. You will have to forgive me, I am new to COTH but came over here because I know my good friend is a frequenter of this board.

On Thursday the 20th Epona142 came home from work finding her home in flames. The Fire department furiously trying to put it out. Luckily her brother had made it out alive and had tried to get the dogs out, singing hair from his head in the process. He also let Spyder out from behind the house. Unfortunately the house being older went up like tinder and it was a complete loss. In the house were everything she and her husband owned, include the lives of her furry family. Only one cat has been found alive and they believe that Junebug might have gotten out as well but has not been found.

The horses are ok (Spyder has some burns, Tiger some scrapes), the goats were moved weeks before so they are all ok. Only one cat we know has been found alive. She stayed at the neighbor's the first night. And is now staying with her employer. Thankfully she had been getting ready to move so she does have a place to go once they finish it up. But of course nothing can replace the lives of her furry family that was lost. All they have is the clothing on their back and their vehicle. And anything that people have been kind enough to donate to her so far.

I have been trying to spearhead the effort to help her and her family out. I am not sure if I can post a donation link here? Please let me know. If not feel free to PM me or add me on FB Jessica Groh (in Texas) and msg me there.
    Oh dear!
    many jingles to her!
    I am sure, once the dust settles we will have enough coming her way.

Many hugs and prayers for her and her family!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I was heartbroken to hear about this. Many, many jingles to Epona and her family.

The article that BuddyRoo posted listed this information about donations.

"If you'd like to help this family, donations are being collected at the Bedais Fire Department."

22248 FM Rd. 1696
    Bedais, TX77831
    (936) 395-2222

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Oh how terrible. Jingling for them all.

So sorry, many jingles from KY!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Default paypal

How about giving us a paypal addy for Epona142?

It's an easy way that we warmbloods send money.

Please PM us with the paypal addy if she has one/when she gets one.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    The article that BuddyRoo posted listed this information about donations.

"If you'd like to help this family, donations are being collected at the Bedais Fire Department."

22248 FM Rd. 1696
    Bedais, TX77831
    (936) 395-2222

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is an online site that is handling a lot of the donations.. Here; http://igg.me/p/300699 And of course if you are looking to do items Epona has kept her PO Box open another month. If you are unable to send to a PO Box, I have also made my address available to send to and then send to her. If I am not allowed to post the link just let me know.

We are trying to be careful about paypal because too many 'gifts' or 'donations' and they can freeze your account and shut it down. Because that is the only way to circumvent the 'fee' they have now. A lot of people do it.

The money from the donation site will not be available to her until February, so in lue if you are wanting to send money now we are encouraging gift cards.

Many jingles
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

Massive jingles to her and family. Big hugs as well.

P.

Lots of jingles. What a tragedy for the furry ones!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Does she need any horse blankets? I have a spare 78 Schneider's heavyweight.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

That's awful, I am so sorry for her loss. Jingling hard for her over here.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Many jingles to Epona and her family, and godspeed to her lost animal companions. :-(

OH NO.

I am so terribly sorry to hear it. How awful.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Oh no, how terrible

Jingles for Epona and her family. Godspeed for the lost ones.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Terrible at any time, but even more so at Christmas - it's supposed to be a time of JOY, not tragedy. Hugs to all.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Jingles!!!

Huge jingles from Kentucky!

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"