The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oracle, I have not actively stood my boys in 4 or 5 years - I can't remember exactly. Huntsman died in 2011 at 31 and Murray turns 25 in 2013. I have a limited amount of frozen. I stood them pretty much locally, although some of their produce ended up all over, I haven't kept up very well. Huntsman had a son that won at I-1 and I-2, going to regionals and earing end of the year awards, high point at many shows. Another son won up to 4th and was schooling PSG, not sure if he showed at that level. A number of others did well at lower levels, one just won some ammie awards at the USDF convention. They went as far as their riders/owners cared to take them. Murray is actually what you describe as your "ideal" -- as far as size, gaits and temperment. I don't have a current website or footage. He showed to 1st Level and should have gone on had I had the resources. His daughters are producing well. You can see lineage on the pedigree sites - Murray's Law and Master Huntsman. There are a number of fine Thoroughbred stallions that you could use and many have been mentioned here.
    Merry Christmas!
    PennyG

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    Your mare is 1/2 Thoroughbred.
    PennyG
    Actually, she is a bit over 75% TB.

Noble Houston is a nice moving stallion. He is full TB and is approved in several books.
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    A Fine Romance
    Quote Originally Posted by Renascence View Post
    A Fine Romance tb stallion has winning GP jumper and 3 star tb offspring. He also has a dressage grandson who competed in the Pan Am games. My homebred AFR tb daughter usually wins the dressage test and often has the best score of the HT at my Novice HTs. She is also a winning hunter, usually division Champion or Reserve at Amateur Adult Hunter and Adult Medal classes. I show at 2.9 and 3 ft. We have schooled 3.6 as well, it was no problem for her. She is my riding horse, so I have never had pros train or campaign her. So he is one for you to look at.
    I don't think you could go wrong with A Fine Romance. He himself showed successfully in Eventing and Hunters. His offspring have gone far in their respective sports as well, proving that "Fred" was not only a champion himself, but also has the ability to pass it along to his kids.
    He is one who would be top on my list if I was looking for a full Tb for my mares.
    On a side note, his owner (or more appropriately, who he owns ) is fantastic and would be more than willing to discuss your mare and goals with you.
    Good Luck
    Here is his website: http://www.afineromance.ca/
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube