The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2013 SRS Training Courses Now Posted

With applications. Looking forward to reports from CotHers who attend.

http://www.srs.at/en/training/theoretical-courses/
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Angry

What a bummer, for professionals only and bring your own horse. Guess I won't be one of those attending.

Too bad they don't have any riding classes for the lower levels, especially on their school horses, that would be a dream come true for me.
    Last edited by js; Dec. 23, 2012 at 08:05 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.

There is nothing at the link that says "professionals only".
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

There are a variety of courses available for different categories of participants. I'm personally very interested as the fees are quite reasonable, but I'd like to know more about content and instructors. I'll wait to hear reviews I think... I'm very intrigued by the potential content of the Judges' seminars!
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    What a bummer, for professionals only and bring your own horse. Guess I won't be one of those attending.

Can I just say that once again the "non" professional's are left again not having the ability for some great training.
    Based on the links at the top it looks like there are a variety of different courses for different types of riders. I don't see anything that limits participation in the theoretical courses, which sound like auditing-type classes.

I'd love to participate if I can get any time away from the office next year.

It says high level riders for one course, FEI professional riders for another, Dressage judges for another, an international expert seminar, carriage driving course and a grooms course, that sounds like the only one that may allow lower level riders. I don't see anything for lower level riders, other than the grooms course. Am I missing any?

I think you've missed the "theoretical courses". If you scroll down on the page Mike linked to, you'll see the dates and application forms.
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

You're right there are the theoretical courses that have no requirements!!!!!! not a bad cost either if it wasn't so far to travel. I don't have any complaints about theory classes, my instructor when I was a teenager gave us 2 hours of theory before we had an riding lesson. Was worth everything. It would just be nice if the SRS offered actual riding classes for the lower levels too.
    Last edited by js; Dec. 23, 2012 at 08:07 AM.