The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Awesome female JRT pup in Western NY

We adopted this pup from the local SPCA about a month ago. She is approximately 4.5 months old, has been spayed, and is up to date on shots and worming. She is crate trained, nearly housebroken, loves clicker training and is very fun and engaging!

She has done well with my 6 year old but is not a fan of my toddler, and so we feel it is in her best interested to re-home her to a situation where are are no young children. I prefer she go to a dog savvy/experienced home. She will need continued training and an owner who understands and appreciates her personality traits and needs.

Like most JRT's, she is high energy and very active. She has a pretty dominant personality and can be territorial and possessive of her space, toys or her people. She is easily corrected/re-directed, but obviously my toddler is unable to do this as he's only 2. So, puppy feels as though he is lower on the food chain.

She gets along with other dogs, though I have no idea how she'd do with cats.

If it were just me and hubby, she would be the PERFECT dog. I absolutely adore her! She's super smart, fun, and very cuddly!
    However we all feel her best chance at success is in a child-free home.

Pictures available. References will be required.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Flash I wish I was closer and we could see if my old girl would be nice to her. She is the sweetest looking little dog ever and I know she has had a good start.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Thanks Tanner, I really appreciate that sentiment. She IS the sweetest dog. She bonds strongly to "her" people and I am going to miss her terribly.

It seems she has a new home with a small animal vet tech who has a 45 acre farm. She has grown up with aussies, and thus totally understands a high energy, eager to please, smart, working dog. We did a little visit tonight and everything went well.

I get to snuggle her for one more week, as she can't take her until after the 14th as she's going on a vacation. I am lucky she has found a home so quickly, though there will definitely be tears on the day she leaves.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sounds like a nice home for her! I'm sure it's bittersweet, though.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I am so glad you found her a wonderful home!