The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

One of the Budweiser Clydesdales was stabled next to my horse when my barn hosted the 8 horse hitch when they were in town. Does that count??
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Ok don't freak.. I rode her first colt, Genuine Reward, twice. He was an A$$.

And not nice in the slightest. Ask me about the first mare he bred... my ex worked at the first farm he stood at and witnessed what happened in the shed. Wow... so glad he's a pasture bred stallion now.

Em
    Aw, that's disappointing he's a jerk Did he savage the mare?
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I rode Leapy Lad when he was a older gentlemen. I even got to jump him!

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    Hmm.....

I got to see and pet the horses on the US Eventing team, and the entire Canadian team. (which by the way, the US riders were a little uppity, while the Canadians all partied with us.) I also got to take care of this Appy cross that was an alternate for the US Eventing team - this was all in 1996. He was very cool, and very much had that Appytude.
    I did the same thing! Awesome opportunity and I still vaguely remember it! I was a youngen in 96'! I also meet the USA dressage team and horses.

I rode a grumpy old gent named Double Call in his latter years. I loved that horse! He was a pretty successful Working Hunter in his day. I was told he was Working Hunter Champ at NHS at some point? Mid 1980's I would think.

One summer, I had the pleasure of riding Zola Da Virro's Grand Prix horse, Shogun. He was a cool horse.

Here's an old article (from 1986) that ran in the Los Angeles Times: http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-...age-federation
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    Aw, that's disappointing he's a jerk Did he savage the mare?
    To phrase this with some humor... he was more into getting an Oral report than hanging out with the working end.

She was cut up though... Though I believe she did catch to him.

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I haven't ridden many famous horses but I've looked after a lot. I've handled Money Talks when he was retired, and I lived in the loft apartment of the farm where Monopoly was kept. Money was a sweet old man, and Monopoly used to wake me up at 3am when he ran out of hay!

I also worked on a Fjord breeding farm that stood one of the top studs in NA. He was not a nice horse!

I rode my first piaffe on JB Andrew, the first Mustang to get to FEI levels. I helped care for him in his dotage and stood with Kelly the day the sweet old fellow had to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    I cannot remember the guy's name for the life of me, but there is a famous Mexican singer that rides Andalusian stallions during his concerts
    Antonio Aguilar?