The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A blue roan draft and a mustang-that I of course trained all by myself!

A big, black, super fancy 5 gaited ASB mare that moves beautifully flat shod, has a great show ring presence, but is calm and laid back when she's not in the ring. I did meet the 3 gaited version, but sadly she was very much out of my price range.

Dressage schoolmaster with many good years left, in my price range. Warmblood or thoroughbred, any color, mare, gelding or stallion.
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

1 members found this post helpful.

A Bay Morgan mare

Trigger
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

I'll take a nice, older 5 gaited campaigner that I can ride around the farm and still take to the county fair and win the ladies gaited class once a year.

And a made fox hunter.
    I might not get a chance to hunt him much, but I've been eyeing that nice ditch between the fields and weighing the chances of my current horse giving me a "Whoop-D-Doo" landing. I'd like to be able to gallop cross country and jump the ditches instead of going around to the culverts.

Leopard appaloosa
    (But I already have one, so I guess those don't count anymore)

A black Arabian
    (sigh I know- too much black stallion as a teen) I have had chestnuts, a grey and a couple of bays, but still not a black one dammit!

and an Akhal -Teke

(preferably the color of a bright copper penny- I love me them chestnuts)

which I still desperately want, but I've not yet been able to justify buying one to myself yet. I keep telling myself when I've free of the rest of my herd - I'll go buy myself just that 'last' wish list horse. before I call it quits
    Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    Sometimes I'm thrown off, sometimes I'm bucked off, sometimes I simply fall off, and sometimes I go down with the ship. All of these are valid ways to part company with your horse.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    I'm not talking practically. But when you dreamed, as a kid or as a not-so-kid-anymore, what is the one that you have always thought, "Boy, it would be neat to have one of those someday." Forget about whether it fits in your program or your abilities or such. Just wondered if others still remember their "someday" horses who pranced through their dreams in childhood and still think, well, maybe eventually someday . . .

I always wanted:

A Friesian, because they look cool.
    A Welsh pony.
    A leopard appaloosa named Fortissimo.

What's in your dream stable?
    When I was younger I coveted Karen o'Connor's horse Biko because he was so pretty.

Is he still around? I know he'd be pretty old now, but you never know.

These days, I just want my own Haflinger. I love those critters.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

See my post about white faces on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    When I was younger I coveted Karen o'Connor's horse Biko because he was so pretty.

Is he still around? I know he'd be pretty old now, but you never know.

These days, I just want my own Haflinger. I love those critters.

A foal out of Waps Millennium and my TB/ cross mare. I tried AI on my mare , but she wouldn't take. I couldn't afford to keep trying so I got a refund and I bought my current 8 year old appaloosa mare as a weanling instead. The resulting foal would have been huge, so things happen as they should... Sigh......

A Lippizan. Still dream of having one to this day; preferably one trained by the SRS, because the other part of the dream was to ride like them.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yep! As a youngin’ I dreamed of a tall appaloosa sport horse, either bay with blanket, or leopard spot. Had to be tall, athletic, and love to jump.

This “dream horse” was basically a cross between the first and second horses I owned. The first horse was a fantastic appy gelding, jumped ANYTHING, super versatile, great dude. But at 15 hands and slight, I out grew as a teen.

Second horse was a beautiful, tall and talented TB - who just never had the go get it attitude my first horse had.

And now I have my “dream horse” an Appy x TB – 16.2+, born bay with blanket, but now roaned to a bay leopard. Athletic, with a go anywhere, do anything attitude. I am head over heels for her. She truly is a cross between my first two horses – and raising her since she was a weanling has been very rewarding.

If I could have any horse I would love to either have Winyamaro or Belissimo M. I am a HUGE sucker for a flashy chestnut.... I looooove W-lines (have one and he is the best!) and I also love Winyamaro's flash and his belief that he is THE most gorgeous horse on the planet I like an arrogant horse, hahaha. Ever since I chose to breed to Belissimo I've been a bit obsessed. I think he's just the loveliest horse. Sadly mare didn't take so I will have to go on dreaming about trying again for a carbon copy someday

I've always wanted a black or bay blanket Appaloosa.

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    See my post about white faces on page 1
    Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one that loves Biko!! He was some real horsey eye candy if there ever was any, IMO!!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I would like an appaloosa or paint talented enough to show at breed shows, and a welsh cob with a lot of jump in him.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

For sure!!! As far as I know he's still around, but is definitely an old man by now. Gotta love those massive, bright bays with bling

Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one that loves Biko!! He was some real horsey eye candy if there ever was any, IMO!!

a Lippizan. perfect size for short me, smart, and they are beautiful. Have wanted ever since I saw Disney's "Miracle of the White Stallions" at 7 years old in 1963.... was called "Flight of the White Stallions" when it showed as a 2-parter on Walt Disney's Sunday night show.
    I have on DVD and watch it several times a year.
    'til I get my Lippizan, the 14.3 Fab Fjord is a great stand-in!
    Last edited by saabski; Dec. 21, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: more accurate info

A Tinker.
    I LOVE my Chickens!

In no order

Andalusian
    Warmblood by Briar
    A Warmblood
    a S.E. Arabian

If I'm dreaming dreams that could someday come true:
    - a Fjord
    - a Lipizzaner

If we're talking waaaay out there, there was a horse I learned to jump on that I would love to have back when he was young and hearty. He was about 30 when I met him (about 20 years ago), and he was blind in one eye and had cataracts in the other, but MAN was he cool. He was a leopard appy with black and brown spots, aptly named "Coins." Looking at the pictures (of my doofy little self on this poor saint of a horse), he was probably about 15 hands, solidly built, more sporty than stocky. He was just a really cool all-arounder that I probably could have taken to shows and packed around on for fun.

I also would love my first horse again- he would probably be too much horse for my old broken body, but he was a very, very cool horse.