The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar. 26, 2005
    Location
    Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Eh, I thought she was a swimmer with those shoulders! Good for her. The dailymail article? I wanted to slap the writer...non horse people gushing about horse people make my teeth ache. She kicks her horse into action, blah blah blah, trousers, blah blah...
    Ah TJ, you're just jealous you didn't get to go to the "horseriding fair" with that hunky BF.
    I know I am
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec. 22, 2000
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    15,119

    Default

    Here's the interview where she still had a cast on her leg. It also shows her x-rays with the permanent metal plates around her ankle. Don't ask me how she can still walk in those heels with that hardware!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7VdUJ9Www



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    The dailymail article? I wanted to slap the writer...non horse people gushing about horse people make my teeth ache. She kicks her horse into action, blah blah blah, trousers, blah blah...
    I second this thought. OMFG. Clueless people.



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2012
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...cost-foot.html

    http://horsetalk.co.nz/2011/01/21/ka...ccident-scars/

    Here are a few more articles about her riding. I love the show too and never knew she was a rider. Love it even more now!
    Regarding the Daily Mail article, I always feel like I need to take a shower after reading their celebrity fluff. All those pictures of her looking "chic" in her untucked shirt and bending over to zip her boots were taken by stalkerazzi.
    A helmet saved my life.

    2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov. 30, 2000
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Ah TJ, you're just jealous you didn't get to go to the "horseriding fair" with that hunky BF.
    I know I am
    At least I got my laugh of the day from the "horseriding fair".

    She looks like a serious and talented rider. It's nice to see an actor who isn't just taking credit for something they can't really do.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May. 9, 2007
    Posts
    594

    Default

    I'm kind of surprised that her contract allows her to ride. I bought a very nice horse once from a Shakespearean actor who wasn't allowed to ride; something about the insurance on her contract with the company.
    I imagine it would be a bit of a problem if the actress in one of the most popular TV shows got dumped off her horse.



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I imagine it would be a bit of a problem if the actress in one of the most popular TV shows got dumped off her horse.
    The Ellen interview makes it pretty clear that managed to figure out how to work around it.

    Guessing the average movie/TV star type has much more ability to say what they will and will not do outside work than the average Shakespearean actor does.



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug. 15, 2008
    Posts
    4,589

    Default

    She's a cool chick. Great pics, even though the write up from DM is gag worthy.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec. 8, 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Guessing the average movie/TV star type has much more ability to say what they will and will not do outside work than the average Shakespearean actor does.
    BBT producer Chuck Lorre weighed in on this after Kaley's accident. He used his famous "vanity card" (those things that go by too fast to read at the end of the credits):

    http://chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=309

    "No friggin' horses."

    Lighten up, Chuck.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr. 13, 2000
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    That picture was taken at The Oaks/Blenheim, and by the looks of the jump, we should have been showing in the same division, but I don't ever recall seeing her.

    Anyone know who she trains with? I tried to look it up on www.horseshowtime.com and her name didn't come up.

    Maybe she has a pseudonym?

    ETA: Nevermind, I found her. Last showed in 2009 and primarily did the AA Jumpers, rode with Michelle Pacyna.



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep. 23, 2002
    Location
    Eastern MA
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    I like the DM pics mainly because they show that even gorgeous actresses are not immune to the Weird Faces of Riders!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2012
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    I like the DM pics mainly because they show that even gorgeous actresses are not immune to the Weird Faces of Riders!
    If Weird Faces of Riders is not a thread, it really should be.
    A helmet saved my life.

    2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!


    12 members found this post helpful.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that her contract allows her to ride. I bought a very nice horse once from a Shakespearean actor who wasn't allowed to ride; something about the insurance on her contract with the company.
    I imagine it would be a bit of a problem if the actress in one of the most popular TV shows got dumped off her horse.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's not like Southern Cross Ranch in Madison, GA is a celebrity hot spot, but we have had one well known TV personality and his family out because his kids ride horses and he was not allowed to get on a horse because of his contract.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2008
    Location
    Where The Snow Flies
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    The horse she's riding in the DM photos is an 11 year old Dutch Warmblood gelding named Uvar who was owned by Eduardo Navarro. Apparently Kaley has him now and shows him under a pseudonym to keep the paparazzi at bay.
    Last edited by Snowflake; Dec. 21, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Remove reference to Kaley's pseudonym out of respect for her privacy.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    That would make sense. I wonder if she shows under that name too. She looks like a fabulous rider!
    Last edited by OveroHunter; Dec. 22, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2008
    Location
    Where The Snow Flies
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    That would make sense. I wonder if she shows under that name too. She looks like a fabulous rider!
    With talent like that, I would hope she's currently showing!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2012
    Location
    Fern Creek, KY
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    How would she have time? I'm sure that she has minions galore, but still!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2012
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It's not like Southern Cross Ranch in Madison, GA is a celebrity hot spot, but we have had one well known TV personality and his family out because his kids ride horses and he was not allowed to get on a horse because of his contract.
    That gives me an idea. Isn't Honey Boo Boo about the right age for riding lessons?
    A helmet saved my life.

    2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep. 19, 2002
    Location
    recent FL transplant from IL
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    That gives me an idea. Isn't Honey Boo Boo about the right age for riding lessons?
    omg...
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"



  20. #40
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    That gives me an idea. Isn't Honey Boo Boo about the right age for riding lessons?
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



Similar Threads

  1. Can taking foal from mother too young create "problem" horse
    By AndreaMcKinney in forum Off Course
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun. 29, 2011, 12:23 PM
  2. Advice - Encouraging "drop" not "jump" off banks
    By GreystoneKC in forum Eventing
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Dec. 1, 2010, 12:34 AM
  3. Simulating a "Ditch before jump" jump: Preparation?
    By _downpour_ in forum Eventing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct. 14, 2009, 04:07 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug. 17, 2009, 12:35 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr. 26, 2009, 02:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness