The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Willson and Davidson and other custom boots

Anyone have pictures of them that they'd like to share or know who they run in terms of price? Just trying to explore what options I have for new boots. The other makes on my list are Tucci, La Mundials, DeNiros, and Parlantis. I'm not sure how much I want to spend only that I want some good quality boots that are worth the price. I know that Tuccis and Parlantis go at about 1.5-2k so I'd also love if anyone had pictures of them so I could decide whether its worth it. DeNiros look good for the price, but I've never really seen them other than stock pictures. Same with la mundials. Please post your pictures! thanks!
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I don't have any of those personally, but know a few good friends that have them. One of my good barn friends has Wilson and Davidson's and they are beautiful! Very soft leather, but feels thicker and maybe more durable than some of the super soft "painted on" leathers. I also know that the customer service for them was great and they didn't take long at all to arrive. My trainer also has two pairs of the Parlanti's, one off the rack and one custom. Both pairs I can say are very durable, because she treats her boots and tack like crap I know the off the rack ones run a little short, but the custom ones fit her like a sock and are so pretty! she has the ones with the brown tops, but I love the other unique little details and tops that they offer.

Edited to add: You were looking for price! I think my friend's W&D ran close to 1k, as did the off the rack Parlanti's, but the custom Parlanti's were closer to 1.5k-2k

If you're looking in that price range, I would add custom Voltaires to your list. My barn mate has a pair and they're gorgeous!

I bought Wilson & Davidsons.
    They cost $1000.08.

They are quite lovely. BUT! I should have explained that I put my heals down very very very far. They were measured correctly but still a bit tight. It took me some time to be able to zip them all the way. And even then, the ankles were quite tight and I couldn't get my heal down.

none of the pics are close ups. sorry. : (
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...bydressage.jpg

the little metal button thingy on the tab is just plain round and says Wilson & Davidson. It's not as fancy as I would have liked.

I purchased these because I thought they were sooo pretty.
    http://www.willsondavidson.com/boots...FieldBoot.html

I will caution--because the stitching does not go all the way across the ankle..the boot tends to wrinkle and collapse a little bit in that area and rub on my ankle bone. It looks fine and is functional but it was a spot that caused a bit of "break in pain".

If I had to go back and do it all over again I would get the VA double leather field boot. More expensive for sure but nice and thick. Not sure if my boots are considered "thin" but I like things to be nice and thick.

My boots are quite comfy and the leather is lovely. I do still have to put mole skin on my heals because they are a tad tight for the amount of flexion I like in my ankle.
    But I'm extreme when it comes to heal flexion...way extreme.
    http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...rent=trhp3.jpg

Everyone warned me AGAINST the La Mundials

If I had 2-3K to spend I would get Tuccis...with some cute little crystal bling above the T button on the tab. : )
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

See everyone on COTH has warned me against them, but I have 4 friends that all have BEAUTIFUL La Mundials. Look like Tuccis with the initials on the tab, some sort of panel on the calf, and in really beautiful (read leather sock) leather. These would only be for showing (just got a beautiful new pair of Tenney's semi-customs), so I'm not too worried about the leather being thick enough to hold up to abuse, just to show riding.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I ordered the DeNiro's but had to return them for a smaller calf size. However, I LOVED them and can't wait for the new pair to come in. I have wide calves but tiny ankles and they were so fitted yet comfortable. I would imagine they break in well too as I was just walking around my house and didn't feel any issues or pinching. The Spanish top was nice and high. I did have to go with the "extra" height (normally I am a regular height in Ariats).

Leather seems durable and I have heard from others they didn't have issues with wearing them for schooling and showing unlike some of the other fragile leathers out there, although that may not be an issue if you only plan to use them only for shows.

If you can fit a stock boot I would try them out, plus they have a ton of size combinations. Personally I can't see spending the money on customs if I can find an appropriate of the shelf boot...to each his own but I'd rather spend that on the pony

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    If you're looking in that price range, I would add custom Voltaires to your list. My barn mate has a pair and they're gorgeous!
    Copy that!
    Both La Mundials and Voltaires are popular at my barn and both are very pretty. However, do not know prices fro the Voltaires

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    DeNiros look good for the price, but I've never really seen them other than stock pictures.
    No photos but a local tack shop has sample DeNiro's in chocolate patent, navy, & a few other options - beautiful boots