The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default to the person who robbed my barn .....

hi,

Just wanted to thank the person who came by Knightsbridge Farm in Middletown, NJ and swiped the blankets ---specifically the size 80 baker blankets. Now, my little thin skinned TB doesn’t have a blanket to his name....

Not only did I loose everything on the first floor of my (now unlivable) house to 7' of flood water, I now also have to replace several hundred dollars worth of blankets that you five-fingered out of the barn. None of the above is covered by insurance/FEMA/ trainer/ etc. it’s all on me.

Luckily, i have enough sense of what’s right/wrong that I will not go out and take things that don’t belong to me-- regardless of what I may need. i work extremely hard to have the things that i have and at no point in time have i ever looked to the person next to me with a sense of entitlement to their belongings. your audacity is mind boggling.

For the rest of the BB - yes, we filed a police report. I bet this is a local job - - IMO the person who did this had been to our barn for a clinic or tour and thought my stuff was ripe for the taking.

3 members found this post helpful.

Sorry about the loss of your stuff. Hate people like that.

Ugh, people are terrible.

So sorry for your bad fortune!
    Some people have no morals!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickelodian View Post
    We jump horses. Over sticks. For fun.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyway.
    Regulus RDL

I am so sorry for your misfortune and I hope the person who stole your blankets has a miserable holiday, what a low life piece of crap he/she is.

2 members found this post helpful.

thanks...honestly i feel really sorry for the person who had to resort to these measures. I cant imagine they are able to afford to care for a horse properly since they're having to steal. The silver lining is that several COTH BB members have emailed me offering to give me blankets. What an incredibly thoughtful group of people!

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BNTHUNTER View Post
    The silver lining is that several COTH BB members have emailed me offering to give me blankets. What an incredibly thoughtful group of people!
    Strangers can truly be so kind and compassionate.

And they can be total you-know-whats...

3 members found this post helpful.

Beyond terrible!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Check with your home owners insurance. When I was doing my once every couple of years home owners/car insurance evaluation we discussed if my saddle would be covered if it was stolen from the barn even though I board out. It is covered under my homeowners since it is my personal property.

Sorry to hear about your house and then your blankets.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

That's terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    Check with your home owners insurance. When I was doing my once every couple of years home owners/car insurance evaluation we discussed if my saddle would be covered if it was stolen from the barn even though I board out. It is covered under my homeowners since it is my personal property.

Sorry to hear about your house and then your blankets.
    Make sure you check the amount that your homeowner's will cover. Mine will cover up to $10k but only $1k on any single item. Would not begin to cover replacing my saddle.

To the person who stole the blankets: Karma never forgets, and she's also a b!tch. Sorry this happened to you.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

1 members found this post helpful.

Is it a turnout...I might have a spare around but not a Baker.

Would be glad to send you one.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Quote Originally Posted by rothmpp View Post
    Make sure you check the amount that your homeowner's will cover. Mine will cover up to $10k but only $1k on any single item. Would not begin to cover replacing my saddle.
    I will check again once I get my new saddle which is much higher than $1,000. Both current saddles are worth less than $1,000. I don't remember a limit per item being discussed. This agent was really good and recommended other riders for my husband's tools and some individual jewelry riders as those would exceed a tool and jewelry limit. But a non-horse person likely has no idea how much a saddle can/does cost.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

OP, PM us warmbloods your paypal addy and we'll send you a small contribution to your horse's blanket fund. A little Christmas gift from warmbloods with some TB in them, to your TB.
    Last edited by WildandWickedWarmbloods; Dec. 20, 2012 at 05:27 AM.

8 members found this post helpful.

Sorry that happened to you. I feel just as sorry for their horses if they can't even afford to buy blankets for them.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

OP, do you board?? Where your blankets the only ones taken?

Man, that's rough. Check local FB pages, etc, there are often people with extra stuff hanging around.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BNTHUNTER View Post
    honestly i feel really sorry for the person who had to resort to these measures. I cant imagine they are able to afford to care for a horse properly since they're having to steal.
    Sadly, the motivation to steal is not usually need.

Ditto on the home owners, though the deductible is usually pretty high. I had about 25k worth of tack stolen out of my truck that was covered by homeowners. There was no limit to a single item being under 1k.

We posted over on the "how many blankets do you have" thread so that if anyone has your horse's size, maybe they will offer one to you.