The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner wins Spruce Meadows CN $1 million

Olivier Plilippaerts (son of Ludo) won the big class on the Holsteiner Stallion Cabrio Van de Heffinck. Cabrio is a son of Cassini I / Calato .

Jumped amazingly clear with only 1 time fault in each round.

Finishing 7th was another Holsteiner Stallion......Catoki by Cambridge / Silvester.

Oh man I would have loved to have seen Catoki...I was there Wens/Thurs for the Han inspection...arggg.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

I would love to see a video of Catoki's round. I have 3 Catoki's; 3 yr old filly, 2 yr old filly and a weanling colt. Mine are all full siblings and I think they are something special. The 3yr old is lightly started for her MPT this Sunday. So far she has been very easy and smart. She is in foal to Valentino so after her MPT she will not be under saddle again until her 2013 foal would be weaned.
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Cabrio really wowed me all week and I was thrilled when he won the CN! He is powerful, scopey, has excellent technique, bascule, and is a good mover with a great canter. He had the power that was needed for that huge track along with the rideability for the technical aspects. He's from stamm 1752. He was a bit silly in the lineup and definitely knew he was the center of attention!

I am a fan and am on the hunt for frozen! (Think he'd be great for my Corde mare...thoughts, Reece?).

Catoki was also fantastic in the flesh. He's like a big pony with such a beautiful face. He has great technique, bascule, scope, and is quite elastic (I'd like to see a more uphill, active, and carrying canter with better articulation, might add some "power off the ground"...but that's just nitpicking as he is super over the fences and is effective between them. Just something to keep in mind for mares put to him). He seems to have a super character and was cool as a cucumber in the lineup and galloped along happily in the victory gallop. I'd like to have a dose or two for the right mare in the tank for sure...
    Last edited by Leah A; Sep. 11, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Now developing Stone Clad Farms, visit us at www.facebook.com/StoneCladFarms

Quote Originally Posted by Leah A View Post
    Cabrio really wowed me all week and I was beyond thrilled when he won the CN! He is powerful, scopey, has excellent technique, bascule, and is a good mover with a great canter. He had the power that was needed for that huge track along with the rideability for the technical aspects. He's from stamm 1752. He was a bit silly in the lineup and definitely knew he was the center of attention!

I am a fan and am on the hunt for frozen! (Think he'd be great for my Corde mare...thoughts, Reece?).

Catoki was also fantastic in the flesh. He's like a big pony with such a beautiful face. He has great technique, bascule, lots of scope, and is quite elastic (I'd like to see a more uphill, active, and carrying canter with better articulation...but that's just nitpicking as he is super over the fences and is very effective between them. Just something to keep in mind for mares put to him). He seems to have a super character and was cool as a cucumber in the lineup and galloped along happily in the victory gallop. I'd like to have a dose or two in the tank for sure...
    Could be good for your mare ? Double Capitol to go with your direct Corde mare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Could be good for your mare ? Double Capitol to go with your direct Corde mare.
    My thoughts exactly
    Do you have any info on his mother other than what is on horsetelex?

My thoughts exactly
    Do you have any info on his mother other than what is on horsetelex?
    No , but I'll see what I can find out. I know the breeders of Quibble N who is from this same stamm.

You also know the owner of Caritas N, the sister of Quibble N ;-) Different branch from what I can see...

You also know the owner of Caritas N, the sister of Quibble N ;-) Different branch from what I can see...
    Yes I do.....LOL ! Is she still preg with Quinar ?

It is another branch but the Nielsens will know about the mothers of Caribo.

Yes, Caritas is still in foal to Quinar (although she is ready to ship home now so I will have her checked again before she leaves).

If you don't mind checking with the people you know about Cabrio's mother I'd appreciate it!

Yes, Caritas is still in foal to Quinar (although she is ready to ship home now so I will have her checked again before she leaves).

If you don't mind checking with the people you know about Cabrio's mother I'd appreciate it!
    I'll visit with them next month and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    I'll visit with them next month and find out.
    May I ask if you found out more about Cabrios mother?

1 members found this post helpful.