The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The day I found out I had breast cancer, I also found out my husband had cancelled the health insurance. On the way home from that, I got a call from one of his extra currilcular friends, who I had entertained in my home many times under the guise of her being one of his clients...Not a good day at all. Just sayin.

1 members found this post helpful.

The day my late husband was diagnosed with leukemia. He was 43.

1/20/06- My freshman year of college, the day 2 of my friends and a guy I loved died in a car accident.

It made me a stronger person because now I cherish so much more the time I've been given with the people I love. I think sometimes my friends who don't know about it think I'm silly because I tend to be expressive about how I feel about them. But I know the importance of telling the people you love how much you care.
    And now I try to always live for the moment and not hold back or play games. I never told that guy how I felt about him, and it still haunts me. I'm pretty sure he knew and felt the same way, but I'll always wonder what might have been.

Less than two weeks ago, sitting in our truck across the street, watching our house burn to the ground with literally everything we owned inside, and knowing that all of our precious canine children were kenneled inside and gone.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

Oh Epona my heart just broke for you. I'm so terribly sorry, sending you so many jingles and hugs.

Default I am so sorry

Oh dear god, I am so very sorry.

After reading some of these posts, I just want to offer each of you condolences and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Epona142 View Post
    Less than two weeks ago, sitting in our truck across the street, watching our house burn to the ground with literally everything we owned inside, and knowing that all of our precious canine children were kenneled inside and gone.

The day that I had to sit through my grandmother - who was my best friend - take a deposition against me in favor of the bastard that abused me for my entire childhood. I have never felt pain like that before and I hope to never feel anything akin to that again. That was the last time I saw her. She died 6 months later; I couldn't go to the funeral because the rest of the family was on his side, too. It was easier for them to believe that I was lying than for them to acknowledge that he was a heinous monster. I lost my entire family - save my parents - after speaking out. The strength came when I won the case. Those twelve years and all of the horrible things that happened made me who I am. I love my life and I believe that I had to go through what I did to get to where I am now.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

Watching my father die, three and some years ago. He was 80 at the time, and an accomplished man who had lead a full life, so the fact the he was gone wasn't necessarily tragic. But, he died of ALS. At his age, he didn't want to be put on a vent, which I believe was the right choice. He died at home. Watching someone I love slowly suffociate, however, was a terrible experience.

Epona, that's heart breaking.

I don't know if was my darkest day but my most traumatic day was visiting the tow yard where my dad's van had be taken after his "accident". Yeah, I knew logically that car wrecks were bad but to see the aftermath of the violence just absolutely freaked me out. Walking the interstate for personal effects probably wasn't a good idea either. i knew he was dead but until I saw the van, I had no idea of how horrid it had been.

That said, if you lose a loved one in a wreck, don't feel that you HAVE to visit the car/van. Maybe it would help you, I don't know. All I know is it has haunted me. I see the remnants of that van every time there's an 18 wheeler behind me. I HAVE to change lanes.

I'm so sorry for everyone's blackest days.