The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    "Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and for the deep distance."
    I am not good at the deep distance. I do like oysters, though. This is probably one of my all time fav GM quotes.
    You hate that, don’t you? Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and the deep distance.”
    -- George H. Morris on learning to love the deep distance

2 members found this post helpful.

finally getting to watch all the on demand content..... I LOVE Deb Bennett!

I love Deb Bennett too. I don't remember ever having anyone "grow on me" so much during her lecture!
    Rest in peace Claudius, we will miss you.

For some reason, Dr. Bennett put me off with her delivery... Couldn't get past ten minutes. I'm sure she had some gems of wisdom - for those that really liked her, could you give a brief summary?

Re Deb Bennett, I knew that would happen in this day and age. Be patient and not rushed, and just give her a try. Don't have any Cliff Note's for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent listening to her lectures and learned a lot. I love how she loves what she does, and loved her explanation of why she stopped giving conformation lectures. That little speech in itself was worth the time I spent.
    Rest in peace Claudius, we will miss you.

Re: Deb Bennet ... well, I have read her stuff before, but this is the first time I've seen her do a lecture.

I don't think the Cliff Notes version can be done well with her.

She seems to be a mad scientist and is well worth suffering through the first part which is a bit slow. But, if you are patient she is very funny .... like Monty Python sort of funny.

She knows her stuff.

Everyone here has the flu except me - so not much free time as I pick up extra chores. Once I inevitably succumb to this flu, I will patiently watch Dr. Bennett! I admit, I have never done well with lectures and am much better at staying tuned in if there is a live horse as in Dr. Ober's segment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsFitzDarcy&Feliks View Post
    I am not good at the deep distance. I do like oysters, though. This is probably one of my all time fav GM quotes.

Too bad they can't set up some derby or xc type fences that are solid. You learn to like the deep distance pretty quick out of fear for your life

Love GM. Love Ann K too, they really do epitomise the American style of riding.

Anybody having trouble with the sound on the on demand video? It's ok on my one computer but really low on my iPad and my bf's computer.

I am watching all of the videos sequentially - just got done with the 2nd Deb Bennett one. The first one had me intrigued. The second one is a bit out there and way too touchy/feely for me. Maybe it's the vernacular she uses that puts me off- "birdie and thread". I am a little surprised that George has jumped on her bandwagon. I'll be curious to see what the last installment holds.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skyy View Post
    I am watching all of the videos sequentially - just got done with the 2nd Deb Bennett one. The first one had me intrigued. The second one is a bit out there and way too touchy/feely for me. Maybe it's the vernacular she uses that puts me off- "birdie and thread". I am a little surprised that George has jumped on her bandwagon. I'll be curious to see what the last installment holds.
    I asked around a bit and found that I'm not the only one to find her a bit obnoxious. Heard she likes to "take over" at other clinician sessions. Agree that she just does not seem like the kind that George Morris would so enthusiastically endorse...

Quote Originally Posted by kmwines01 View Post
    Anybody having trouble with the sound on the on demand video? It's ok on my one computer but really low on my iPad and my bf's computer.
    I think the sound was generally not great with the video in the first place... my laptop has terrible speakers, but I plugged in my little pair of auxiliary speakers and turned them up all the way and still couldn't eat chips and hear what George was saying at the same time.

Or as he put it during one of the morning sessions, "LIZ-zie, this mic is cheap, it's no good, something will need to be done about this, LIZ-zie..."

His discussion about Taco Bell was awesome.

Can this be watched on an Ipad? If so how?

I just get black

The video worked on my iPad but the sound was terrible. I would have needed speakers or headphones.

I just figured out to download an app to play flash videos. I chose Photon Flash Video Player and it works perfectly.

I'm only just getting around to watching this on demand, and have a question for anyone who's been watching.

Most of the riders are using a black half pad of some kind under their saddles. Does anyone know what these are?

Quote Originally Posted by Across Sicily View Post
    Most of the riders are using a black half pad of some kind under their saddles. Does anyone know what these are?
    Probably a Lami-Cell. http://www.doversaddlery.com/lami-ce...ad/p/X1-19118/