The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default My Only Critique

I have only one critique (and it really does irk me personally) for this clinic.
    As most have said, this is an absolutely wonderful learning opportunity, put on by the most professional folks ever. The audience is huge due to the live streaming and then posting of all sessions for later viewing.

Since most of the audience is not physically attending the clinic, every clinician SHOULD REPEAT BACK EVERY QUESTION ASKED.

I am very surprised, given the experience of everyone, that this would even happen at all. There, I feel better now.
    Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins.

5 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone know when the other videos will be posted? I am on night shift and would love to watch when I have down time!

Quote Originally Posted by WB Mom View Post
    I have only one critique (and it really does irk me personally) for this clinic.... Since most of the audience is not physically attending the clinic, every clinician SHOULD REPEAT BACK EVERY QUESTION ASKED.
    I had the same thought the other day.

My other tiny quibble was that a few times when GM was riding, the camera would cut to the horse's rider watching GM's demonstration. When GM is on a horse, please keep the camera pointed at HIM!

2 members found this post helpful.

When will they have Day 2 Group 2, Day 3 Groups 1 & 2, and Day 4 Groups 1 & 2? I work during the day and I was so disappointed when I came home last night and the sessions weren't available on demand

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm so glad they're streaming the clinic live and on-demand. I'm loving it. I do hope they have today's and yesterday's posted soon, I had to work and miss the live streaming.
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

So what is the format today? Last year it was the pseudo-Nation's Cup, but this year it just looks like jumping coursework.

I just tuned in to watch the 2nd group go and GM just said that they were taking a break until 10:40. Did he run over with the first group or did they go earlier then they originally said?

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I just tuned in to watch the 2nd group go and GM just said that they were taking a break until 10:40. Did he run over with the first group or did they go earlier then they originally said?
    They ran over. (Argh—have to be somewhere at 12!)

My boyfriend's not a GM fan—I have it streaming through my TV and he said "I cannot listen to another minute of this. He makes me feel like an old man just listening to this."

But everything (in this second session 1/6) that he is saying and doing is absolutely correct, and he (at 76) is doing a running critique while riding.
    I.D.E.A. yoda

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ideayoda View Post
    But everything (in this second session 1/6) that he is saying and doing is absolutely correct, and he (at 76) is doing a running critique while riding.
    Sorry, I guess you missed the joke. My BF is non-horsey—his commentary only comes from what he can hear, not from an understanding of any of it.

"Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and for the deep distance."

I must be really dumb, I don't get the "oysters" joke. :-(
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    I must be really dumb, I don't get the "oysters" joke. :-(
    Frances doesn't like to ride forward to the base (just as we all have preferences to the types of distances we like), so George was telling her that she needs to learn to like that distance—the same way you need to learn to like oysters.

Ahhhhh! Got it. Thanks. Reckon I need moar caffeine! (Had a late one last night.)
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

OK, see? See?? GHM says "Easy" when he means slow. He does NOT say "whoa". "Whoa" sends mixed signals. "Easy" does not. I knew I wasn't making this up!!!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Argh! I just spent an hour and a half online with tech support and missed the start of this session.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

City of delusion in the state of total denial

What an enormous difference from the start to the end of Kilian's vertical-oxer- that horse looks like a red hot powerhouse!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Best GM quote of the day...."there are no bad distances, just challenging ones"

2:20PM on sunday and when I click on the videos it says content not available. Anyone have this problem?

I figured out my last problem was due to slow wireless....when plugged in to wire, all was welll
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert