The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

With all of the things USEF has done wrong or not well enough lately, I have to say I think this annual clinic is RIGHT. I also think making it available on demand on the internet is wonderful so everyone can learn.

15 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Owen View Post
    With all of the things USEF has done wrong or not well enough lately, I have to say I think this annual clinic is RIGHT. I also think making it available on demand on the internet is wonderful so everyone can learn.
    Ditto. The whole USEF Network has made me feel like a few of my membership dollars are going to something useful.

2 members found this post helpful.

+2! This is so educational. I've learned an exceptional amount, and am so much more motivated to go ride.

However...it is also slightly depressing because it is warm and sunny Florida, and it is 25 degrees here. That is what is killing me. Too cold to even wear breeches, and I have just been riding my guy bareback with a snowsuit on for the past two weeks.

It made me feel better, too. I have 2 horses boarded in a 'trail' barn. One is retired, but the other I am training to be my jumper. I get so distressed because my boys do not act at all like the other horses, even though in the back of my mind I keep telling myself their job is not to fall asleep while walking. They are much hotter (but not dangerous, just active). Ann and George both said that these show horses are hot blooded, and we don't want a horse that is dead to the world. A horse that is dancing is light in the bridle.

Is the video playing ok for everyone? I'm running Firefox on XP and the audio is fine, but video is like in slo-mo or jerky.....Also Anne Kursinski's (my fav) session was just audio and a nice still of the arena.

Am I the only one?
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

The videos all played fine for me. I only had to restart it once because it got stuck on something. The one of AK had her as the only rider doing a fantastic demo. I used Internet Explorer with a very high speed connection.

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Is the video playing ok for everyone? I'm running Firefox on XP and the audio is fine, but video is like in slo-mo or jerky.....Also Anne Kursinski's (my fav) session was just audio and a nice still of the arena.

Am I the only one?
    I haven't tried it today, but when I watched the AK video the other night, it worked fine. Audio and moving pictures. I think I was using Google Chrome.

No matter how.....I hate to say it, old and weathered he looks on the ground, when he gets on a horse it's beautiful to watch! I've only watched the first flat session as I'm on the west coast and work during the day and can't really watch it when my husband is around, but watching him handle Meg's horse being a pill at the end of the first session was great. If there is anything that will keep him young I think it's riding! Would never guess that he is as old as he is when he is riding. I only hope to be able to ride that well when I'm half his age!

3 members found this post helpful.

^ Right? I believe he will turn 75 next month.

He is one of the best examples that riding is an ageless sport! Great to have him that fit!
    I love this clinic and try to watch it everyday but becaus eof the time diffrence i couldn't watch everything! Would love to see something like that here in Germany
    Another thing that I just read on an other website was that only Claudia Billups pulled of a shoe of her horse back at the barn....Sad to see these kids pass that chance... maybe some know how to pull a shoe but I do not guess all of them......I would loved to try it with my farrier around.....guess i will just ask my farrier to show me when hes coming the next time

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post

Am I the only one?
    Aaah, that´s why!! I´ve been trying since the 2nd to watch but have experienced the same chew-chew-chew or stills. And I have also been on Firefox, will try explorer...thanks for posting!

Anyone who knows when they will be uptodate with the videos? I can only see day 2 group 1 and that was thursday morning.

"Go back to the barn now, because I'm BORED."
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I always run it on IE because Firefox isn't as good.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Is anyone else's live stream off air? Was working fine for me about 15 mins ago.

Yes, GHM said he was done b/c he was bored. Clinic starts back up again at 10:00 a.m. (US Eastern).
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I feel slightly flabby after seeing photos of GM on a strange horse without stirrups! Seesh, that man is going to live forever.

"You heard I was an ogre and I am an ogre."
    http://poorwomanshowing.blogspot.com/
    R.I.P. Eagles Hill. 4/6/00-12/10/11.

Oh that I will ride half that well at that age(or this age, actually)... with or without stirrups. What a great session!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

You have to have heard the whole story about the "I am bored". He is teasing/joking and amusing himself. It was a story about a dance class he was in with Martha Graham. She walked out on the class saying she was bored.

Maybe a hint of "you think I'M acerbic"!!!!

He is a master and I am loving watching this clinic, maybe more than any other even of his. Just wish they were showing the Deb Bennett parts. She is wonderful also.
    Rest in peace Claudius, we will miss you.

I have watched this for very 3 years now, and this year has made me an unreserved fan of GM. He has been very consructive in his comments to these kids, even during issues. Watching him ride without stirrups at his age has me in awe. I would say he has earned any arrogance he might have at times.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

2 members found this post helpful.