The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You guys are making me a bit jealous JK

But I do hope to achieve that point of "having it pretty good", and I'm glad someone here reminded me that so much of this is attitude!

I'm grateful I was able to hang on through some pretty tough times & heavy blows, and though there's still a long row to hoe before I'll feel secure, I feel more confident each day that I have the means & strength to see it through!

So persevering through challenges & gaining that kind of confidence in oneself is another way of "having it pretty good" no?

Also I do have my health, the most wonderful dogs & kitties in the world & 2 loffly Thoroughbreds!

2 members found this post helpful.

I am very blessed...house, horses, chihuahuas, and a husband of 13 years. Most of all I am thankful for the work that I do (oh and that I can still communicate with my Mom who passed in 2008) Life is good!! I love this thread
    Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
    www.heatherevebristol.com
    www.meliorastables.net

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes. The good greatly outweighs the not so good. And while I have fibromyalgia and endometriosis which suck, I do have good health insurance and good health care Providers.

Even when I'm sick or tired or sad, I stop and look around and think, "God, life is good -- thank you!"

I have a warm house in a safe place, and I don't worry about armed people bursting in to take me away because I look different or have a different religion or said something I believed. I have healthy food, enough for weeks or months -- not just the next meal. I have clean water available anytime. I have electric power. I have access to health care. My family isn't all alive, nor are they all sane, but I have a family and I know where they are. I have friends who love and appreciate me and whom I love and appreciate in turn.

Beyond all that basic abundance, I have dogs, cats, and a horse, and they're all fed, healthy, and happy. I have a job I don't mind. I have education. I have a reliable vehicle and the means to put fuel in it. I can read and speak and write as I wish without censorship.

Good God, I am lucky. Thank you for all these blessings. I share as often as I can, and I am beyond blessed to have friends who share with me as well.
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

If you don't think you have it pretty good, please visit your county nursing homes and you will change your mind. I am always touched by people residing there who have a smile on their face and a good outlook.

The person that has the most is the one that needs the least to be happy.

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm happy. I have a wonderful family, a nice (if modest) home, good dogs, and employment. I don't worry about my or my family's health. There's food in the fridge and a little money in the bank to buy some more when we need it. Can't think of another single thing I would need. I am blessed.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

I have a roof over my head, gas in the car, food in the pantry, and the lights are still on.

I have a dog that things the world of me and a cat that let's me sleep on my bed.

I may not have extras, lots of zeros in the bank, a fancy car; but I have great friends and a positive outlook.

Life is good.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the reminder...The dog got skunked and my life literally stunk.. But.. Yes I have a wonderful life. A family that loves me. including two grown step-daughters. Nice horses (well behaved, no great breeding or value) comfortable home. Health... freedom .. Yes a very good life.

Yup... I have a wonderful life. It has been a sorta tough year (2 surgeries, selling a horse I loved after realizing we were not a good fit for each other, trying to sell our first house to move across the country)... but through it all I have had my awesome husband by my side (happily married 7 years so far), great family and friends, super animals (including my amazing new horse - she is a dream come true) and so many other comforts and securities that many people do not have. I am grateful every day for the life I lead.

Without a doubt I have it good. I have a great job where I'm valued and I make good money, including for luxuries. I have a wonderful horse that I thought would be retired by now but is going strong at 22. I have a great relationship with my parents, and I have very dear friends. I'm very healthy.

There is stress in my life, definitely, but it's the expected stress of having the job position I have.

Pretty good would be a monumental understatement. I am overwhelmed by and eternally grateful for my numerous blessings.

No one's life is without challenges, we've definitely had our share... but I feel so damn lucky every single day. Hubby is a great partner. We are both employed, we live a comfortable life, we have two amazing kids, lots of supportive friends and family.... life is good.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I'm thrilled with my life. Sure, materially I'm broke, have two small kids and very little support, but what I do have is two children who LOVE me, a dog who stays with me almost 24/7, the worlds most awesome pony, and a man who loves me more than life. With those things, who needs anything else? the ends just barely meet, but they DO meet, I have some amazing opportunities coming up, and I'm surrounded by love. I think I have it all.

Yep, had a miracle baby who is so happy all the time, great dh and daddy, my dream horse who is exactly what I wanted (hot! Be careful what you wish for)...and a great job I can work pt with ft bennies. And a home we can afford. I can say I'm genuinely happy on all fronts for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleblackMorgan View Post
    Yep, had a miracle baby who is so happy all the time, great dh and daddy, my dream horse who is exactly what I wanted (hot! Be careful what you wish for)...and a great job I can work pt with ft bennies. And a home we can afford. I can say I'm genuinely happy on all fronts for the first time ever.
    I might be mistaking you for someone else, but weren't you unsure/apprehensive about being pregnant at first? If so, this makes me so happy to read!

As for me—I truly can't complain. Sure, I worry more than is healthy (about ridiculous things!), but I live in a great place, have a great SO, the world's best dog, a great lease horse and riding situation, and a dream job. I might not have the fattest bank account, but to make it in NYC at my age (and be riding, nonetheless) feels pretty good.

Oh gosh, yes! I think about it literally every day.
    I have an AWESOME fiance who is my absolute best friend in the world. I cannot WAIT to marry him in June, never mind spending the rest of my life with him! We live in a 6 bedroom farmhouse at the base of a mountain FOR FREE, and I have a decent job with a seriously awesome boss. We have not one, but two Great Danes, my "dream dogs" since before I could remember. And of course, two beautiful horses to putz around on.
    I could not ask for a better family, extended family, and future family-in-law.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I have an awesome family, best lease pony I could hope for, great barn to ride at, & I just purchased my dream stubben saddle with my christmas money. Life is pretty good :-D, yes.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

I know I have it good. My children are alive and healthy. I get to stay home with them every day. My husband comes home every night, unlike some of our CoTHers with deployed spouses/SOs. I have a warm house, plenty of food, presents under the tree. I have a new horse and DD has the bestest pony in the world.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

I'm so thankful for my life. I can't ask for anything more. I have a wonderful family who supports me and lifts me up when I'm down. I have 3 amazing horses, who might not be the fanciest or the best mannered... but then I think there are people who would kill to have just one. I am so very grateful for everything my parents have done for me and given me. They have given me great opportunities and a great life.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding