The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else feel like they have it pretty good?

So many of these threads make me think, "Man, I have it good!"

And I really do. I'm happy and I'm healthy. I adore my parents, I have an awesome boyfriend (holding out hope that he will one day become my awesome husband! ), amazing friends, a job that pays me really well, a great house with a low mortgage, super dogs, and last but not least, a cute (but PITA) horse.

Not to say I haven't had my share of bad times, I have, and I'm sure I have more coming some day, but not right now.

I'm just thankful. And I'm pulling for all you folks with the bad friends, bad husbands, bad roommates, etc.....

16 members found this post helpful.

Absolutely! I have been happily married for 23 of my 44 years. My husband was diagnosed with a particularly deadly form of sarcoma almost 7 years ago, but he's healthy and wonderful! We have two amazing boys, one grown up and one growing up way too fast. I am self-employed, ridiculously well paid, and get lots of time off. I have four horses at home, 37 acres to play on (fingers crossed that my 30 acre lease continues another year), my ten-year-old dog is still going strong, and my molting chickens are getting less disgusting every day. There are days when I think I'm having more than my fair share of fun, but I do my best to spread the joy.

9 members found this post helpful.

I too am fortunate. Healthy (for 63) married 43 years, comortable house, nice horses
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

4 members found this post helpful.

I have always felt very blessed. I have a safe home, a devoted family, 2 horses (neither is a pita) and at 65, I'm still riding.

My marriage hasn't been the smoothest, but neither of us ever gave up.

My health has been hard to maintain and had some pretty scary moments but I don't have the devastating illness or disease that is all around us.

My children are successful adults with jobs, loving families, secure futures.

I look for blessings everyday. And usually find tons of them!

I've overcome a lot in life... and now I have a career I'm extremly good at, have an awesome relationship with pretty much all of my family on both sides, and incredible wife, excellent inlaws, excellent friends, an awesome horse, and get to live and work on well over 300 acres of beautiful land in West Virginia, even got to live in a mansion for 3 years. Pretty dang good for a beat up old outcast :=) Complaints? Sure. A pound of complaint for a TON of awesome.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

3 members found this post helpful.

Yup. Pretty darn good.

Next stop! Castles! :=)
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

2 members found this post helpful.

I have many blessings in my life, to be sure. I am also going through a time of emotional hardship - just one of those down times, I guess. It has been a rough few months, but I have my health, my home, my husband, my pets, time to read, time to ride, time to take on new hobbies. The ebbs and flows of life continue...
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Yeah we have been blessed. True we work hard but so do others and some of them don't seem to get any breaks.
    Some family and related emotional issues for the past several years that hopefully are settling down.

Good thread!
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Yes. All one has to do is look around - eyes & ears open - and MOST of us must realize that we truly have much for which to be grateful! ESPECIALLY after this past weekend.

C
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

You bet!!

Yep. I think it's all about perspective. Yes, I am spending the holidays alone after breaking up with my boyfriend BUT that means I have more time to do what I want AND no worries about splitting time between families!

I'm lucky to be in good health, have a great if somewhat erratic family, a dog and a horse. I'm lucky to be able to go back to school later in life and finish my degree, even if that means I had to move back in with my parents for a few years. They were kind enough to let me and my dog move in!

It's too easy to get caught up in the negative things in life and think about how you wish your life was different (not necessarily better). I think learning how to look at the good side of things is an essential skill for happiness and satisfaction.

5 members found this post helpful.

Counting my blessings even though I type this from my 13 yr old daughters hospital room. I am especially thankful this week because I know she will get better (pnumonia) and we will be able to bring her home soon.

Life has it's drama, but I'm a firm believer that you can choose whether to immerse yourself in it or learn to let it go. I'm very thankful for a wonderful family, a farm full of horses and a life that I once only dreamed about.

I so very blessed that I feel I should pinch myself just to be sure its not a dream.

I have a lovely home, an adoring husband, 2 great sons, an awesome pony, wonderful extended family and some really special friends.

I don't NEED anything, I have some wants....but if they come they come, if not....no worries.

I have had some rough patches in the past, and I'm sure there will be more to come, but I'm enjoying this blessed time.

Yes, I have been blessed in this life. Not to say there haven't been hard times but they have been survived and learned from.

I agree.
    I live in a great home that's been in my family for three generations, have a cute little farm that I'm looking to expand, started a successful riding business, have three happy healthy and quality horses. I'm happier than I've ever been.

Though I did find out this morning that after the new year I may not have a job... So I sent out my resume to two different places and have an interview tomorrow!

Yep, I have it pretty good.

I have an amazing life, but I have worked my ass off to make it amazing.

I am very fortunate.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I have electricity, clean water from a tap, a roof over my head and food in my cupboard. I'd be embassed to complain much.

To be honest my patience for poeple complaining about their lives is at about zero lately.

5 members found this post helpful.

I am pretty darn blessed and have a wonderful life! I have a wonderful husband who is so supportive and loving. We live in a beautiful house. I have wonderful horses to ride and show. A loving supportive family and in laws. A pretty freaking awesome dog and many close friends who care about me. I am very appreciative and grateful because I know that life can change in an instant.

1 members found this post helpful.

I never did find a SO, so I haven't been fortunate in that regard in my personal life. But I have been very fortunate in my career. I've worked hard and taken changes and risks that has gotten me to where I am, but there has also been A LOT of luck involved in getting to where I am too. Although, I do have to say that one big motivating factor for me for the past 25+ years was the idea that someday I would maybe be able to afford to keep a horse (finally came true about three years ago).
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/