The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default barn jackets

we are looking at getting new barn jackets, what brands do you all have and like? The barn is mostly kids, from 6 to 18, but lots of adults too and parents, so has to fit a range of sizes.

I have a bunch of Kyra K (now Gersemi) barn coats and jackets, I love them and never buy anything else, but they are too expensive for children IMO, in fact I don't even know if they make kids sizes.

I was admiring some barn jackets at a recent show. They were simply Lands End coats with a very nice, big barn name monogram on the back and the kids' names on the sleeve. LL Bean have really nice soft shell jackets too which would be great barn coats.

I adore my Charles River Spectator jacket! My school's equestrian team had them made and they're awesome. Waterproof, just the right amount of warmth for Atlanta winters, and super comfortable. I'm not sure if they come in kids sizes though. BUT you can get them monogrammed/embroidered which is a huge plus

I have bought 5 of the SmartPak Personalized Windbreakers for myself, Mr. C'Mare and barn staff. We love them! They run a wee bit big, but that's perfect for those days when you need thin layers underneath. Really cuts the wind and you can still move freely to work or ride. Worth every penny and pretty classy looking.

They come in youth sizes too.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

1 members found this post helpful.