The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dog foster homes needed desperately.

Help! Please spread the word with your friends in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee and W. Virginia....Tri State Collie Rescue (and sheltie rescue) is in desperate need of fosters for both collies and shelties. More and more need to be pulled from shelters in those states, but all of our foster homes are full.

I hear Tri-State has two shelties who currently need foster homes in Michigan. It seems that several sheltie rescues have closed their doors and Tri-State is trying to pick up the slack. Also, hard as it is to believe, many people dump their dogs in shelters this time of the year because they just get in the way.

You can PM me for more info, and we can arrange to do a volunteer application over the phone.

http://tristatecollierescue.net/volunteerapp.htm

**New and improved website to be unveiled on Jan. 1st.
    Last edited by LauraKY; Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Contacted them, thanks Laura

Thanks JumpinHorses. They're having trouble with their current website, if you don't hear from them by tomorrow, shoot me a PM.

Add Missouri to the list, specifically, near Independence, MO. PM me for info. It's raining collies. The WV volunteer went to the shelter to pick up one dog...came back with three.

oh no!..........so sorry to hear that.........i just LOVE my collie girl (as you know lauraKY)......but don't think i can house any more dogs........my big anatolian is pretty protective/territorial (as he is bred to be) and suprisingly, so is the collie.......she is a sweet,loving girl, and i would love another, or a sheltie......i bet a sheltie would be a great match with my little terriers.....
    i can do an overnight or two, if it helps on the trip to elsewhere.

Tallyho, that would be great if you could overnight or help transport. My email is collielover3671@gmail.com. Shoot me an email and I'll get you hooked up with the right state rep.