The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Getting more organized - Any daily planner gurus out there

One of my goals for the new year is to get more organized. Impluse buy at the bookstore, I grabbed a pretty purple leather daily planner about the size of a cheque book that was on sale.

I always failed at attempts to use these in the past as I was able to get away with my excellant memory.
    I figure getting more organized and not relying on only my memory would probably be a good way to help with my anxiety.

So, any tips on using these things. I always have the best intentions and then just don't bother.

Do you have a smartphone?

If so 2Do is a great app. You may use it more if it is already in your phone.

If you prefer paper, I love franklin-covey style planners.

I was going to post a topic like this.
    I strive to be super organized, and fall short, I know people who are chronic list makers and they seem to have everything in place all the time.
    I admire them. I imagine in my head being organized, I like routine, but I swear I am ADD. I start several small projects and keep moving from one to the next and not really finishing them. I am anti clutter so I do not have a lot of "Stuff" I am also the poster child for procrastination. Gee that may be off topic!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I use the calendar on my iPhone.

I put in everything from worming, farrier, vet to carpool days, tutor appointments, parties, birthdays...pretty much anything.

I like that it has 2 alerts I can use. It will send me an alert say 2 weeks before and then another 1 hour before an event.

I used the paper calendars for years, but in order for them to work I had to actually look at them everyday. And I just wouldn't. So the one on my phone is great, because I always have it with me and I look at the phone many times a day and can be reminded of events without actually opening the calendar app.