The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who all is heading to WEF/HITS Ocala/Thermal etc?

First of all, not me Haven't shown in FL since my last Junior year back in '94! But I still have the bug and want to hear all about who IS going this year! Please make my boring week at work before the Holiday go quicker, and tell me all about your winter plans. Which winter circuit did you choose, and why? Are you chasing points, or just going for fun/experience or whatever? Which divisions, how long are you going for, etc. The more details the better I am living through you guys this week!

I'll be at HITS Ocala for a couple shows here and there, just trying to get my green mare some experience. We'll probably be in the baby greens for now. So excited for our first show of the season at Pre-HITS!!! I'll also be going down every now and then to WEF to visit old friends as well!

The barn where my gelding is at will be at HITS. They typically go for about 2 weeks. My gelding (if I still own him and hopefully even if I don't still own him) will be there with them. . My trainer who has my stallion is thinking about entering a few of the boys he rides (incl mine) in some of the jumper classes (we typically do eventing but he's going to use HITS as the warm up for Red Hills this year). So I will be down at some point to cheer friends and horses on.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

I will be heading to WEF for a few days to visit with friends, watch the show, and do some animal communication readings. I had so much fun last year, I can't wait to do it again!
    Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
    www.heatherevebristol.com
    www.meliorastables.net

I'll be at WEF Jan. 9-14th to cheer on some friends! Can't wait.

I think I'm headed out for a CoTH meet up!

1 members found this post helpful.

AirForceWife... Where are you? I live near Panama City and have my gelding with Little Star Stables in Graceville. They were just over at the P'cola show. PM me - we should meet up at one of the "local" area shows!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Only a couple people actually showing themselves though? Libby, I'll definitely follow your blog for my "fix" of horsies & showing this winter! I was perusing the Ocala prizelist after I started this thread, and there are a TON of jumper classes I could do on my mare if time & money weren't a factor this year.
    Visiting WEF as spectator for a day might not be a bad idea though, my Dad does winter in Miami Beach and airfare was cheap cheap cheap last I checked! I wonder if I can spin this into a family vaca for the baby, hubby, and I?

I'll be at HITS and WEF; definitely showing at HITS and possibly showing at WEF. Really depends on how HITS goes with my Eq. horse. That will determine if it's worth the money to take him for the last 3 weeks of circuit. Hopefully my hunter will go out on lease this week, so that will make focusing on Big a LOT easier this year. Poor guy has been the "practice horse" for the last year, so I think that making him "the" show horse will help things along quite a bit.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

My DD might be going to WEF for a weekend in February to show if we can find her a horse to show there. Or she might just go down to take some lessons with an old trainer. She hasn't been down in a few years, so I'd really like to send her if it all works out!

Quote Originally Posted by I'dRatherBRiding View Post
    Libby, I'll definitely follow your blog for my "fix" of horsies & showing this winter!
    Oh no, pressures on!!! This means I have to step it up on pictures/videos!!

Punkie, maybe we'll see each other through circuit!! I feel like we know a few mutual people, so its very possible. Good luck with your horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Libby416 View Post
    Oh no, pressures on!!! This means I have to step it up on pictures/videos!!

Punkie, maybe we'll see each other through circuit!! I feel like we know a few mutual people, so its very possible. Good luck with your horses!
    I took a look at your blog; I'd be shocked if we didn't know the same people! At the very least, I'm pretty sure I saw you and your mare at HSITP over the summer She's lovely!
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

1 members found this post helpful.

I may be taking my daughter to show her pony in the children's pony on local day in Ocala at Hits. Does anyone know if it's Possible to lease a small pony for just one show? If so, what the cost might be? She's 10 and her pony isn't fancy enough to be a division pony. I would love to find something she could show at least one weekend in the smalls.... It would be a dream come true for her.

I'm hopefully going to HITS Ocala for three weeks and bringing my horse! I'll show him in the Children's and MAYBE the modified Jr.'s but who knows and I might get to do the big 3'3" classic plus I'm taking him in the Eq for fun and probs the lows. Plus I'll be catch riding whatever she gets (so jumpers, eq. and hunters) I'm mostly going for experience, but the points won't hurt lol too bad I have NO IDEA what to pack

I'll probably be at HITS Thermal for the USEF judges clinic (they try to make the clinics run concurrently with a major show circuit). I wish I was going to WEF though!

I'll be at Thermal weeks 6 & 7. Heard the permanent stalls sold out on November 1 so I guess we will be relegated to the tents this year.

Not ocala, thermal, or wef, but I'll be at Gulfport for weeks 3-5.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים