The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ran my first Half Marathon!!

Oh goody, an off topic day, so I can share my non horse related news! Upon turning, ahem, 39+, I decided that I wanted to train for and complete a half marathon. I am not a runner and have no intentions of being a runner, but am married to a man who has run 7 marathons, including Chicago and Boston. Needless to say, he loved the idea.

Fast forward from late summer to December 8: I successfully completed the Kiawah Island, SC Half Marathon in 2:39:56...not a bad time for a first timer. I lived to tell the tale and might consider another one, or at least another 10 mile race.

So there it is, shameless brag on myself, that has nothing to do with the horse. But I am a whole lot fitter now than I was before turning that magical number.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

1 members found this post helpful.

Good Job. It took me about the same time to run 11 miles one day in Umstead, your time is awesome

Congrats!!! Sounds like you had fun, and that seems like a pretty good time to me! I don't know about you not being a runner though, if you finished a half marathon and would consider doing another, that sounds like a runner to me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Good for you! I've attended, but never run in the Kiawah Island event, just cheered on friends. Hopefully you took advantage of their fab spa after the race.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Congratulations!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

That's awesome! Go you!! You should be proud of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.