The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Steiner View Post
    Dear ALL,
    I was a little disappointed about comments made by 'J-Lu' (please be aware that I have no idea who all of you are). A vaguely remember a conversation with somebody offering me tons of analytical tools to do wonders with. At the time I was already on information overload, so I asked her to email me with the information. Nothing to date. She accused me of "disinterest".
    With all respect Mr. Steiner, I just want to say that perhaps the person DID email the information to you, but some how it was not received or seen in your inbox. I know that this has happened in the past with information I have sent you.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Dear ALL,
    Less than two weeks ago a small group of USEF Dressage Committee members decided to form a sub-committee with the loosely stated purpose of listening specifically to the needs and desires of AA's around the country. I am sure that none of us could have predicted the response from the AA community. It is obvious that there is a need for our little committee. We want to respond to collective idea/needs/wishes from around the country. We can then forward those ideas, etc., to the full Dressage Committee, and then on to the USEF leadership. We do not want to respond to individual grievances - sorry. I am personally very impressed with the prompt actions taken by "the FB group". They are definitely on the right track and I would hope that this group can somehow find a way to work together with them. I have read all 132 posts on "Calling All AA's" and am happy to see that many of you are making very positive contributions for the benefit of all. 'Poltroon' and 'MLD' seem to understand the bigger picture and thank you to 'mjhco'. I was a little disappointed about comments made by 'J-Lu' (please be aware that I have no idea who all of you are). A vaguely remember a conversation with somebody offering me tons of analytical tools to do wonders with. At the time I was already on information overload, so I asked her to email me with the information. Nothing to date. She accused me of "disinterest". Far from it -- I am very interested in the overall health and well being of our sport in this country! Our sport can only be healthy and growing if ALL parts are healthy and prospering. YOU, the general AA community are the core of our sport. Just like for riders, without core strength there is no quality performance. You get my drift. I do suggest to this group, as I have to the FB group, that you establish "who you are". Are you are pure AA's as defined in USEF General Reg 1306/1307, or are you a "quasi professional" (my term)? The differentiation is important as each group has some different needs. I am sure that I speak for all our committee members when I say that we are looking forward to hearing from you about to the most important issues facing you. Yes, we are a USEF committee, but we are also well connected to USDF. So you can be assured that your USDF concerns will also be listen to and forwarded to USDF management. I hope I was able to help clarify the current situation. I wish ALL of you HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I'm with you! I'm not a facebook kinda-gal, either.
    ditto
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Mardi,
    Please let's be transparent --- who are you and when and what did you email to me? I am normally very prompt in answering my mail. Also, please all understand that I have nothing against J-Lu. I am sure she is a very dedicated AA supporter. I used her comment only as vehicle to explain that I am truly very interested in the well being of our sport in general and AA issues in particular.

Mr.Steiner this was a few years ago. You received some of the emails, but inexplicably, not all. We were both frustrated about it.

I appreciate your input and foresight on the adult amateur issue, and know that with your involvement, much will be accomplished.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Axel,

Thank-you for your interest! May I copy your initial post and paste it to the Adult Amateur facebook group?

Liz (elizabeth) Call, MD

Thanks for coming here. And thanks for helping with the AAs.

No problem. However, I told them already something very similar. They (FB) wouldn't understand any of the references re posts on this site.
    Last edited by Axel Steiner; Dec. 20, 2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added "this"

Dear Axel,

Thank you for posting here. There is a strong group of amateurs and professionals who read posts on COTH. It is an excellent venue for discussing the thoughts of dressage riders. The adult amateurs have been in contact with the USDF and USEF committee members for years in attempts to express our opinions. Our enthusiasm and passion for the sport and the rules of the sport cannot be a surprise to you or any committee member.

I have spoken to you in person and indeed, I have emailed you regarding the once-proposed performance standards. I represented a group of professionals and scientists who offered their services to the USEF and USDF members. I did not offer you "tons of analytical tools to do wonders with". It was our job to do "wonders with" the analytical tools and offer committee members an easy to understand interpretation of data...data collected from actual shows. Running the numbers was our job. I also stated that quotes from you in the popular press did not match the actual data. You were rather dismissive of our interpretation of the numbers and my interest in the matters at hand, and I did not hear from you again. I wrote to or spoke directly with all members of the Dressage Committee and met with less than enthusiastic responses. I have both emailed and spoken directly with Janey Foy. While she is very open to discussion I have not been contacted to provide facts that the committees could move forward with.

Unlike the U.S., the european dressage community has embraced statistical analysis of scores. Statisticians have presented at the Global Dressage Forum and changes to judging have been made because of the analyses. Experiments in judging have been staged. Why does Europe have to lead the way when we offered you the same tools YEARS ago?

I am encouraged that you are reaching out to the core of the sport, the adult amateur, in order to improve the sport. I hope that the USEF and the USDF can recognize the opinons and tools offered to advance the sport in the U.S.

Happy Holidays, Axel.

Dear ALL,
    Less than two weeks ago a small group of USEF Dressage Committee members decided to form a sub-committee with the loosely stated purpose of listening specifically to the needs and desires of AA's around the country. I am sure that none of us could have predicted the response from the AA community. It is obvious that there is a need for our little committee. We want to respond to collective idea/needs/wishes from around the country. We can then forward those ideas, etc., to the full Dressage Committee, and then on to the USEF leadership. We do not want to respond to individual grievances - sorry. I am personally very impressed with the prompt actions taken by "the FB group". They are definitely on the right track and I would hope that this group can somehow find a way to work together with them. I have read all 132 posts on "Calling All AA's" and am happy to see that many of you are making very positive contributions for the benefit of all. 'Poltroon' and 'MLD' seem to understand the bigger picture and thank you to 'mjhco'. I was a little disappointed about comments made by 'J-Lu' (please be aware that I have no idea who all of you are). A vaguely remember a conversation with somebody offering me tons of analytical tools to do wonders with. At the time I was already on information overload, so I asked her to email me with the information. Nothing to date. She accused me of "disinterest". Far from it -- I am very interested in the overall health and well being of our sport in this country! Our sport can only be healthy and growing if ALL parts are healthy and prospering. YOU, the general AA community are the core of our sport. Just like for riders, without core strength there is no quality performance. You get my drift. I do suggest to this group, as I have to the FB group, that you establish "who you are". Are you are pure AA's as defined in USEF General Reg 1306/1307, or are you a "quasi professional" (my term)? The differentiation is important as each group has some different needs. I am sure that I speak for all our committee members when I say that we are looking forward to hearing from you about to the most important issues facing you. Yes, we are a USEF committee, but we are also well connected to USDF. So you can be assured that your USDF concerns will also be listen to and forwarded to USDF management. I hope I was able to help clarify the current situation. I wish ALL of you HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation