The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What wonderful timing!

Today, I got a wonderfully timed phone call from an amazing fellow COTHer, am texting another, and FBing with a third.

Today, I didn't feel guilty about not going out to the barn.

Today, I let DD stay up late so she could see her Daddy when he got home from work. Seeing her excited face makes me so happy.

Today, I gave my wonderful little dog an extra snuggle, because I don't do it nearly enough and it makes me feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

4 members found this post helpful.

So many wonderful things about today, with my family healthy and happy, my horse nickering to me as I went out to throw hay. A really great thing, the two-day-old grandson of one of my best friends came off the ventilator today, and it looks like he's going to be OK.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Today I enjoyed a simple dinner with my wonderful husband.

Today I got to spend the evening sitting on the sofa snuggling with my wonderful dogs.

3 members found this post helpful.

Today I had the pleasure of getting to know a new horse.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

1 members found this post helpful.

Today we got out the Christmas ornaments. We talked about the places we'd been when we got souvenier ornaments on our various travels...looking back at good times.

Today I put the paper star coated with glue and glitter that our son made when he was 3, in preschool. He's 41 years old now.

Today we cleaned the barn together, each knowing our jobs, chatting about horses and riding even tho he's my cheering section rather than a rider.

Today the barn looked so nice after we brought the boys in for the night. I love the sound of them munching their hay, snuffling, looking for treats. I gave my special boy his vibration therapy for his femoral nerve and so love it when he turns his head to see what I'm doing.

It was a nice day.

Today I reassured the 100 8th graders that I teach that the entire world isn't crazy, and that I would do my best to keep them safe in times of emergency.

Today I pulled in the driveway and my 13 year old 'heart' dog with Cushing's disease and diabetes insipidus was, as always, waiting in the front door for me to come home, tail wagging like crazy.

Today I didn't walk the dogs because it was pouring down rain. Instead we played in the living room and the boys lined up for their turn at the 'beauty station.'
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

I love POSITIVE threads like this!

Today I went to work and was so thankful that I have a job doing something that I enjoy (helping people and working with horse products).

Today I came home to two healthy daughters who I could squeeze and love and appreciate.

Today my daughter moved up from Beginner Irish Dancing to Advanced Beginner Dancing.

Today my youngest wore her new Christmas dress for the fourth day in a row and promised me we can wash it tonight and she will wear something different.

Today I came home to a warm home, with my family, my pets and the thought we are going to spend our first Christmas on OUR farm!
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Today I thought I was having a bad day. And then I read this thread and smiled and teared up a little. Today was a good day after all.
    "Crazy is just another point of view" Sonia Dada

www.longhopes.org

5 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Today, Mr. CC and enjoyed lunch together after a morning of Christmas shopping.

Today, I didn't have to work--and won't until after New Year, when school resumes again.

Today, I fed the birds and sat with my two cats to watch "Bird TV".

Today, I made my Wee Pom's day by buying him a squeaky toy.

Today, I saw the weather forecast called for snow. Before Christmas. Where it never, ever snows on Christmas. I smiled. A lot.

Today, I turned my horses out on pasture, after several days cooped up in their paddock, and enjoyed watching those old geezers buck and play and roll and watch people pick out Christmas trees from the tree farm next door.

Today, I rejoiced that I was alive, employed, healthy and loved.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Today I had an automatic car starter installed....a wonderful pleasure in the morning in the land of cold and snow. Tomorrow I will smile as I use it for the first time!!!

Today I connected with a long lost friend and vowed not to let so much time pass again.

Today as in every working day, I smile as my "side-kick" accompanied me to work. His rather large canine frame pressed against the back seat, eagerly anticipating his day at work.

Today, I feel like I am the richest gal in the world - but not in the monetary sense. I am blessed with a wonderful family, wonderful DH, a career I love, a great community in which to live and a horse that brightens each and every day of my life.

Today....I give thanks...

Today I found out that a family member is now going marry the person she loves.
    Since it just became legal up here. I'm very happy for her.

9 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Americans marrying Canadians.....what kind of message does that send to the kids?!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Today we had gorgeous weather!

Today I helped a friend when she ran out of gas.

Today I had an amazing run, and had an even faster time than yesterday! I am now sore as can be and will probably regret this tomorow, but today it feels great.

Today I managed to end on a good note with all of my horses, even the psycho one.

Today my SS Giftee got her package, and it seems like a made good choices for her.

Today I got to talk about harps and encourage someone to learn, as well as having a great practice session on my flute.

Today I got to listen to some great recordings of Harpo Marx playing the harp. He had such a great ability to use all the tricks and techniques doable on a harp, and make them look so effortless. I never watched the Marx brothers until I started playing harp, but I'd be hard pressed to find another harpist I enjoy watching as much.

Today my entire family is happy, healthy, and whole.
    Last edited by Sacred_Petra; Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenlucas View Post
    Today my daughter moved up from Beginner Irish Dancing to Advanced Beginner Dancing.
    I remember that milestone. I was SO excited! Congrats to your daughter from another (former) Irish Dancer.

Today, my house is not (quite) as cold as it was yesterday. It may be 55* in here if we're lucky...but we're still warmer than some out there.

Today, like every day...my goofy border collie thinks I want to play with his stinky, slobbery, ripped up half of a teddy bear (the bottom half, for anyone that cares). It's nice to have someone that lives just to share his stinky bear with you - no matter what. I appreciate having him and the other two around, especially when Mr. Heinz is gone.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

2 members found this post helpful.

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Today my company told me I am a "high potential" employee and they are going to pair me up with a senior executive. I've been there a year and a half. After my last burn-your-nose-hairs-while-they-kick-your-ass company, I am beyond thrilled and feel so very privileged to be a part of this team.

Today my 14 year old golden retriever barked with excitement when I opened his new canned food. He's eaten dry food all his life but as his teeth fail we've just switched him to canned Blue Buffalo. He deserves it.

Today I got a text from my daughter that said "I love you to the moon...and back." Three years ago she couldn't stand me. I thank God every day that we are past that and we are back to being best friends.

Today my 14 year old son, who nearly committed suicide three years ago, came home from school once again. While I have been grateful for that every day since his crisis, I feel even more blessed and fortunate since Friday.

Today that same son accepted a writing award from the VFW. I am absolutely sure my WWII vet dad was smiling down on him from heaven.

Today my previously hard ass DH (whom I thought of divorcing more times than I can count for his lack of involvement with his kids) offered to take our son to the VFW recognition dinner so I could finish up stuff at work. When I got home I found DH already had a roast cooking in the oven for me including notes on when to take it out. When he and our son got home they stood there with tears in their eyes sharing stories of the vets they met. I am so glad I stuck it out with DH...we've been working on things for awhile now, but today I realized I finally have the partner I always wanted, and my kids have a real dad.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Wow, Hiddenlake! You had a terrific day--so happy for you. One of my 8th graders won a VFW award (all my students wrote on the VFW contest this year) on Friday. I was just as proud as his parents were. Congrats to your son!!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Wow, Hiddenlake! You had a terrific day--so happy for you. One of my 8th graders won a VFW award (all my students wrote on the VFW contest this year) on Friday. I was just as proud as his parents were. Congrats to your son!!
    Thanks! I don't think I stopped to appreciate how special today really was until I spelled it all out. For that, I'm embarrassed. I realized I should take a few moments to reflect like this every single day. I needed this reminder!

And thanks on behalf of my son too! He's the kind of kid who stands up in front of the TV with his hand over his heart when the national anthem plays during sporting events. I'm very proud of him.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Today- will be my last all nighter until next year. Just one more exam to go and I'm FREE for 3 weeks.

Today, I calculated that all I need is a 67.5% for an A- or a 80% for an A in my last class

Today-I found out I got an A- in organic chem. Not what I was hoping for, but good enough.

Today I had a much needed, long overdue massage that really helped with the pain.
    Today I ordered photos I took of a friend and her heart horse I visited over the w/e.
    Today I caused a minor fender bender (my first) and the woman I hit was totally surprised I happily provided ins. info and actually initiated the claim.
    Today I decided to fulfill a something on my bucket list, learning to fly (This oughta be very interesting ).
    Today I had a nice fire going in the fireplace (yes, it's only 38* tonight but it makes us Texans feel cozy too), a nice meal, and all chores done so my wonderful husband didn't have to lift a finger tonight.
    Today I realized how trivial some things really are.
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.