The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Today.

Today, I put someone on a horse who hasn't been on a horse in awhile.

Today, I chatted up a young man who loves a woman who has issues but is totally with her. But I saw him SMILE.

Today, I rode for about 2 min checking out my mare.

TODAY, I think a horse made a difference.

I am really happy about TODAY.

Can we find things to be happy about today? I am. Let's try!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

16 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I'm happy that you're happy.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Today, I have so much to be grateful for.

Warm, unseasonable weather

a mare who will probably be sound again when her foot grows out

healthy, intelligent, children

a beautiful granddaughter

a job, a good job

so so so much to be grateful for.

2 members found this post helpful.

My youngest daughter found out she got a speaking part in the school musical. She's thrilled and that makes me happy today.

5 members found this post helpful.

Absolutely!

Today, I rode my older green horse and braved my not quite 20 meter circle at the sitting trot, and dealt with his sillies over the squirrels crunching in the leaves.

Today, I sat in his hay, and listened to him crunch above my head, even though it was technically unsafe and a stupid thing to do.

Today, my sweet 11 year old made some ramen noodles because he is sick, and we laughed about turning on the correct burner on the stove.

Today I made veg-to-bowl for my dogs, and they were so excited that they all danced in circles until I put it down, which made me laugh.

Today, the geese yelled at me while I was getting water for the horse, which made me laugh so hard because they are just ridiculous.

Today, I giggled because a client that I had drawn a boundary with, respected it.

Today, I watched a video with a little girl and a mini that made me cry tears of joy.

Today, I drank wine and ate cheese in the middle of the day because I was @ home due to my son's illness, which was simply delightful.

Today, I made two new COTHer friends via the Find-A-Friend thread.

Today I got a call from a large client who wanted to give my business partner a $2500 bonus for her help on their project, and I felt honored to work with such amazing people.

Today my teenager actually asked how *I* was doing (anyone with teenagers knows how significant this can be.)

I had a wonderful day today...simply marvelous. I am grateful for today!

7 members found this post helpful.

Today, I sent a card to a dying child who wants to beat the Guinness Record for most Christmas cards.

Today, I sent a soldier I've never met a package full of unhealthy and delicious treats, that I hope will make his Christmas a better one in Afghanistan.

Today, I hugged my child. Excessively.

7 members found this post helpful.

Default Great thread

Today I had a nice swim before work, then ate way too many goodies at work, then made it home in time to see the critters in the daylight. A good day all in all.

1 members found this post helpful.

Today I read the above posts and I felt proud to be a small part of such a community.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

12 members found this post helpful.

Today, the man I'm dating informed me that his students (HS band director) are inundating him with cookies...and guess who gets to help him polish them off!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

4 members found this post helpful.

Today I realized the transformative magic of a warm bath to a two month old: from fussy and unsettled to smiling and splashing! Now if I could just get him to stop pooping out of his diapers....
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Today I visited the baby that I am a guardian ad litem for...and talked to his foster parents about the adoption that is soon to occur.

Today I spoke to both my sons and was able to tell them both that I love them.

Today I went to a Christmas party with other CASA/guardian ad litems and we could reflect on the little bit of good that we can do for the world by saving it one child at a time.

Today I thought multiple times about the wonderful ride I had on my horse yesterday and how he and I are really becoming partners.

5 members found this post helpful.

Today I was able to reminisce about the lovely memories from yesterday, when I was able to have our family holiday get together at my place - the lowest on the totem pole and often outvoted. And did I put on a spread (including a few COTH shared recipes ), received loads of compliments, and enjoyed my 24 y.o. son and his 22 y.o. girlfriend's decorating the tree and acting like 6yos while decorating the Christmas cookies. (He did a perfect train. She some lovely little angels.)

Today I also got to reminisce about my son't unfortunate rear-ender accident on Friday. The kind where no one was really hurt - except the other guy's little old car. And my son was constantly worried about ruining the other guy's day and month to come, and my insurance going up. But he wasn't blaming anyone or anything else. He is a caring young man.

Today I got back on my horse (lesson tomorrow!) for the first time in 6 days. Last Thursday I was upended by my Irish Wolfhound when I stepped over her, feet flying up in the air, and going jaw and neck first directly into the edge of an immovable door. As it all happened, the incident was pretty painful, and scary. Have a couple of other places that hit. But no terrible bruises, and not a thing seems out of whack, no residual pain - just amazing... For 58 years old, think it's frankly just a miracle that it wasn't worse, and feel very, very fortunate. When I hopped on him tonight, my guy was a bit of a brat on the ground, but went right back to work as soon as we got going. So can kind of tell he gets a bit out-of-sorts if he doesn't get his attention. And back to playing with Mom afterwards. Love that about my horse.

And finally today, got to read all the good moments here, including the suggested get togethers for friends. Love COTH.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I love these! Please, keep them coming!!! Today was so good for so many! I'm just sure of it!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

1 members found this post helpful.

Today the traffic wasn't too bad -- love the holiday attrition! I have to work exactly three days between now and January 2, and today is one of them and it's almost over!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Today I came home to a happy toddler even though he's in a 3/4 body cast.
    Today I talked to my husband who's deployed but safe.
    Today I went to my stable job and don't have to worry about being laid off.
    Today it's the little things that make the world go round.

10 members found this post helpful.

This is small stuff...one of my dogs was sick this morning, so I called my boss and said I'd be working from home to tend to her puking and loose stools. Good thing, because it started sleeting and freezing and a 40 minute commute turned into two hours (as reported by those who drove in). So, not only did sick dog save me from that mess, but, even better, she feels much better now, is acting normal, kept everything down all day and ate some dinner .

6 members found this post helpful.

I have horses here at my house and some over at a friends for the winter (they have an indoor). I went there tonight to drop something off. I'm frazzled with the holiday etc. etc. just like everyone else. They were riding. They insisted I ride one of their horses (already tacked up ready to go). I got on and had the best time ever. They ride western so we were running barrels at first then chasing cattle. I'm grateful they "insisted". It was exactly what I needed.

Today I got some big ole Maine Lobsters to make a wonderful dinner for my friend who took such wonderful care of my horses while My leg was casted.

Today I watched videos of little girls getting ponies for Christmas.

Today I completed crocheting a really pretty purple baby blanket for my nieces baby.

For everyone's info, all of your stories made me smile. I don't really do the thumbs up or thumbs down thing much, but thank you ALL for sharing.
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

Last night I brought my mares home to a brand new run inand pasture, courtesy of my wonderful DH. They were camping out at a good friend's house until it was finished.

This morning I came out to see my blind made laying down relaxing... she has been on a lease (and then dropped off at my friend's) for the past two years almost. I am constantly in admiration of her peaceful nature and what a strong noble horse she is.

But without a doubt my favorite moment was taking my 15mo old out of his stroller, and telling him I had someone I wanted him to meet. I walked him over and he reached out to pet the other love of my life (okay she shares that title with DH and my 3mo son as well)... it will be one of my favorite memories to last me all my life. It was just wonderful to share that with him.

As quiet as she is, I hold out hope she will be the first horse he ever rides as well. I have always loved horses but I never knew I could love an animal as much as I love her. Now I am getting all misty so I will cut this off but this was a wonderful day.

Today I brought lunch for the people my son works for - it's Christmas time, and they are madly grooming dogs well after dinner. I will join them in working tomorrow.

Today I took my younger son to lunch. We had corn dogs and lemonade, and picked out a nice tie in school colors for him to wear at his "IWorld" Final presentation tomorrow. He was feeling much better about school finals and is making finishing touches on his report.

Today I put the lights on our tree. My husband will be happy when he sees that.

Today was a good day.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom