The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default One Christmas present is already a hit!

At least I know SOMEONE will like their present this year .

We have a 15 year old ACD mix with some pretty bad arthritis. She cannot get onto the couches or beds anymore. We have a dog bed her in our room for her, but none in the livingroom, so she lies on the floor, she won't lie on blankets and quilts I put down for her.

I got her this for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00

It just came an hour ago, I took it out of the box, put it on the livingroom floor and she went right to it, pushing the young BC mix who loooves comfy things (but who can get on the couch if she wants a soft place) right off it and hasn't budged since. She's actually not big on dog beds and sometimes chooses the floor instead, but this one gets a big "dew claws up" from her. It came with two covers too, so one can be in the wash. It is plenty big for a 50 lb dog, would fit a bigger dog, it's pretty luxuriously big for old Dale.

4 members found this post helpful.

That's a wonderful gift for your well loved dog. The bed looks super comfortable. Can we have pictures of her on it?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Ditto that, the nerve posting about this without a picture of her on it!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ditto that, the nerve posting about this without a picture of her on it!
    I'll get one tomorrow . Our house has crap lighting and no camera will take a picture at night. She's all cozy and cute.

1 members found this post helpful.

I was looking for a dog bed like this a few years ago for my 14 y/o. All the beds that were called memory foam had just a small layer of it on top of egg crate foam. This one looks to be all memory foam. Very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiaffePlease View Post
    I was looking for a dog bed like this a few years ago for my 14 y/o. All the beds that were called memory foam had just a small layer of it on top of egg crate foam. This one looks to be all memory foam. Very nice!!
    Yeah, it's really nice and high quality, better than the memory foam pads on our people beds! I also thought the price was pretty good, considering how thick and dense the foam is and that the covers are made from quality fabric and seem to be sewn together well.

I think the animal weight versus thickness of mattress matters, for what it's worth.
    My thin foam mattress topper was uncomfortable for my cat, as she wasn't heavy enough to make it "give". Soft enough, but too deep can also make it hard for the arthritic pet to "climb" out of.
    Glad you found the perfect match!