The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Nicholas and Terry had record deals?

According to one of my daughters Cassadee actually had a song that was popular when she was in some girl group. Granted I could have that wrong since I confess to tuning the argument out after a bit.
    Nicholas tweeted a few days ago that he had three (?) records on iTunes under a different name, and Terry was in a band in the UK that I believe toured and had record deals. Cassadee was the frontwoman for Hey Monday and they were fairly popular for a while.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I don't think Nicholas had a recording contract. He DID produce three CDs and they are great - original music. I bought one. But they were not part of a recording contract. He has his own "record label." BTW, his name is Nicholas David Mrozinski. They dropped the last name for The Voice so people could pronounce it.

If you are interested, here is a link to one of his original pieces: https://soundcloud.com/thefeelin/the-world-before-me

Here's another one. https://soundcloud.com/thefeelin/maybe-someday

Click the start at the top of the page where it looks like a .wav file.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Blame Cassadee on the teen girls who like her boyfriend. She's also already had a record deal at some point or been in a band that had a hit - I forget which. This is a common argument my girls have. The one who doesn't like Cassadee thinks that people who have already had recording deals shouldn't be eligible.
    I'm not really watching this year as I wasn't a huge fan of any of the contestants, but do want to chime in. Cassadee headlined the band Hey Monday, which did decently. Their song "Candles" was covered on Glee- I don't understand why Glee used a breakup song for a love song, but moving on... I saw Hey Monday live as the opener for some other band at the Electric Factory and thought they were pretty okay. Whomever's writing their lyrics is hit or miss, but the music was good. I am completely over her "jumping up and down all the time" schtick, but think she does have the chops to be a decent solo artist.

I don't mind people with not so successful careers on The Voice. It's nothing new, either. From season 1, Dia Frampton was from Meg and Dia; from season 2, Juliet Simms headlined Automatic Loveletter (and she should have won, darn it! I really liked ALL and thought she was fab.)
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I think Casadee is going to win. She just has more universal appeal, and is much more mainstream. I REALLY like Nicolas, but think he's just too out there for people to vote for him over Casadee. However, you never know-America may surprise!

And count me in as another who HATED Melanie with a passion. Like nails on a chalkboard for me, honestly. The one who I really loved was Colin McLoughlin, who was voted off awhile ago. I stumbled upon him on YouTube a few months ago and always thought he was great. His song choice though never really showcased his talents.

And Amanda was awesome too. I think she should have been in the finals over Casadee.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    I'm not really watching this year as I wasn't a huge fan of any of the contestants, but do want to chime in. Cassadee headlined the band Hey Monday, which did decently. Their song "Candles" was covered on Glee- I don't understand why Glee used a breakup song for a love song, but moving on... I saw Hey Monday live as the opener for some other band at the Electric Factory and thought they were pretty okay. Whomever's writing their lyrics is hit or miss, but the music was good. I am completely over her "jumping up and down all the time" schtick, but think she does have the chops to be a decent solo artist.

I don't mind people with not so successful careers on The Voice. It's nothing new, either. From season 1, Dia Frampton was from Meg and Dia; from season 2, Juliet Simms headlined Automatic Loveletter (and she should have won, darn it! I really liked ALL and thought she was fab.)
    I don't mind the not so successful career people either. BUT I think that if you have been in a band that did decently and had your song covered on Glee than you probably have the connections to figure out a way to get yourself noticed as a solo act. I blow hot and cold on the girl. She'll probably win but I don't think someone with a built in fan base is playing on a level field.

1 members found this post helpful.

I LOVE Terry. When he tours the US I'm going. His voice is effortless and so pure. The accent doesn't hurt either.

Also love Cassadee but she has had some iffy moments too. When she sings like she did last night for her final song though it's hard to bet against her. I wish Terry didn't have monitor trouble on his song. I love that song but didn't love the arrangement. Either way. I think one of them is the winner. I wouldn't be surprised if either won. Whoever doesn't win will not be lost though. I'm sure there are labels lined up to sign them already, including the 4 they have been singing to all season.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Oh! I forgot about Cody - I loved him too! That kid could sing ANYTHING and make it believable. It was amazing. And he was always bringing the "boom boom" to the stage. haha! Just a very entertaining performer.

I think it's been neat to see inside of the personalities of the judges a bit more too as they've worked with their team members. It's not like the normal talent shows where you just see the judges sitting there criticizing the performances.... they've actually WORKED with the contestants and offer a lot of support and constructive criticism to them all along the way. I've always liked Blake Shelton but I never realized how funny he was until I started watching him on The Voice. This is the first season I've watched and I'm looking forward to next season already.

Forgot to add - My beef with Melanie wasn't that she wasn't talented. I thought she was. I actually liked her at first. It just seemed like every week all of her songs sounded exactly. the. same. It was like she only knew one way to change the arrangements of the songs. After multiple performances, it just really got grating... especially when I felt like there were other contestants who were maybe more talented or better performers who were being sent home.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

Cody was my absolute fave. Liked him a lot at first, and then when he did "Jolene," I was in love. Awesome voice and awesome performer.

2 members found this post helpful.

Amanda was amazing and I was very disappointed to see her go. I've liked Terry's voice from the beginning (and I'm not even a huge classic rock fan), but I would have been thrilled to see Amanda win it, too. Both of them almost always sound spot on and perfect to me, and I loved how Amanda especially seemed to be able to sing ANYTHING they gave her.

Cassadee is OK, but she does sound like 50 other female artists out there right now, and honestly, she can't hit some of those lower notes very well. She did well with most of her song choices throughout the competition, but I didn't feel that she did any of them better than the original artists did. (The Faith Hill song? It was kind of "meh"...she did much better with "Over You," though.)

One of my friends really likes Nicholas because he reminds her of Ray Lamontagne, but I don't think he's nearly as good as Ray Lamontagne. His new song choice last night could have been better because I don't think it really showcased his vocal ability. Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't a great singer - he was a good entertainer and pianist - and that song didn't do Nick any favors.

I was thrilled to see Trevin go, because the last 2 years the winners have been of the same type of genre and frankly, that gets dull. I'm not an R&B fan, though I can appreciate a great voice, and while Trevin started out well, IMHO, the songs just became more shrill and pitchy to me as the episodes went on. Plus, Christina already said that she would like him to tour with her, so if that happens, then he'll do just fine.

Cody impressed me, though he did seem to get a little bit more focused on the "entertaining" rather than the vocals a few times. Dez was just kind of "blah" to me, and I felt like people were more concerned about how he looked than whether or not he had a great voice and deserved to be there.

As for Melanie, I actually enjoyed her perspective on a lot of the songs she sang. Loved the "7 Nation Army" and "Criminal" covers especially, and I'll be interested to see if she makes it, and if so, how she grows as an artist. She's a kid, so she's got a lot of maturing to do. Additionally, I could never understand why Christina was just so bitchy and mean to her. It got really old, because it was like she could just never say ANYTHING nice, but then she would gush over everyone else. Very strange.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

As for Melanie, I actually enjoyed her perspective on a lot of the songs she sang. Loved the "7 Nation Army" and "Criminal" covers especially, and I'll be interested to see if she makes it, and if so, how she grows as an artist. She's a kid, so she's got a lot of maturing to do. Additionally, I could never understand why Christina was just so bitchy and mean to her. It got really old, because it was like she could just never say ANYTHING nice, but then she would gush over everyone else. Very strange.
    I agree. I thought Melanie was super cute and I liked her voice. I liked how calm, cool and collected she always was too. And I never understood why Christina had an attitude towards her either. In the end she was just talking about how cute the set was and how Melanie should be thankful that the crew gave her such a nice set... okay... true... but it's about the singer, not the set. And that one time she said "Oh, Melanie's not even looking at me while I'm talking to her. It's okay hunny." I was thinking, "I wouldn't be looking at you right now either if you couldn't say anything nice about me at all!" I just don't like Christina anyway. I think she's fake, just wants attention and can be really rude sometimes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I rarely yell at the TV but Christina berating Melanie ticked me off. I was happy when Adam FINALLY stood up for his artist and back handily thanked her for their joint set design.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Well 2 out of 3 girls in my house are happy.

Now I'm wondering if Ceelo arranged the gifts of the cars just for Nicholas.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I'm so bummed, but am remaining hopeful that both Nicholas and Terry get signed elsewhere. They deserve it!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I'm sure that Nicholas and Terry have enough exposure that something good will come out of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Cassadee!
    Quarry Rat

Casadee was in Hey Monday. Terry was lead for Drive Blind and then formed Lotus Crush with a few members of candle box. I was Terry all the way but actually wanted Cassadee to win so that Terry wouldnt be tied down to the show and could start making his own music right away.

He announced on Friday that he is signed but wouldn't give details as to with whom as things are still in the contract stages. I can not wait for him to put out new stuff. Drive BLind had a song out called "Autum Red" wich Terry wrote for his Mom. It is an awsome song.

Had to chime in! Not sure how I missed this thread at finale time - I was torn between all of the finalists, especially Terry and Cassidy, until I heard Cassadee sing "Stupid Boy". That did it for me. Was so glad she won!