The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Voice finale is this week! who's watching!?

I'm a huge fan of Cassadee but also like Terry. Either way, I'm thinking one of Blake's team members is taking home the title. What about you guys??
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

1 members found this post helpful.

I can't believe Amanda is gone--rooting for Nicholas still. Hate Cassaaddeee (approximate number of letters in her name) but hate Terry more--she's shrill and he's bland. Nicholas is all kinds of awesome though. So glad Trevin finally went home; his horrific flat belt-shriek was driving me insane from the start.

3 members found this post helpful.

Haha So funny that people can watch the same performances and have such differing opinions! Im a huge fan of classic rock and Terry has the perfect voice for those songs so Im an automatic fan. I too couldnt believe Amanda went home before Trevin. She was awesome. Melanie was so painful to listen to and lingered far too long! The fact that she and Amanda were even still competing against each other that far along in the competition was just wrong.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

2 members found this post helpful.

I have watched all 3 seasons and I think this season has the most talented people.

I'll be happy whoever wins, as I think since the top 6 we have been at a point where it is just a matter of what style music the voters like best.

I prefer Nicholas's sound, but recognize that Terry and Cassadee are excellent in their own genres even if they are not the type music I would buy.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

What an incredible show tonight! No way to pick the best of these three. All were awesome!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I absolutely LOVE Terry! I was definitely sad to see Amanda go.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I have watched the whole season and I also was surprised to see Amanda go but the three left are all worthy of winning I think. If I had to pick I would choose Cassadee, Nicholas and then Terry.

I absolutely HATED Melanie and my husband and I cheered when she left!!!
    RIP Sucha Smooth Whiskey
    May 17,2004 - March 29, 2010
    RIP San Lena Peppy
    May 3, 1991 - March 11, 2010

I agree - I think all three finalists are great and any one of them would be deserving of a win. I thought all of their performances were really good last night.

I can't wait for tonight to find out who wins!

Diamond - we also cheered when Melanie was finally booted. LOL

I didn't hate Melanie as much as I probably should have... she was fun to listen to, but definitely didn't have the voice that Amanda has, so I couldn't believe she stuck around that long either. Out of all of them, Amanda is still the one I'd be most interested in hearing from in the future... I would buy her CD.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipHiLad4me View Post
    Haha So funny that people can watch the same performances and have such differing opinions! Im a huge fan of classic rock and Terry has the perfect voice for those songs so Im an automatic fan. I too couldnt believe Amanda went home before Trevin. She was awesome. Melanie was so painful to listen to and lingered far too long! The fact that she and Amanda were even still competing against each other that far along in the competition was just wrong.
    Agree 100% with you.

My favorite part of last night was Adam as Axl Rose. That was hilarious!

Nicholas all the way!

I am not a fan of young pretty girls who all sound the same, too generic, and Terry's voice is too high IMO - wish he had more depth and lower register. He gets up there and his voice is too thin.

I don't favor pretty voices I want to hear tone and life experience.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

I stopped watching after Melanie left. Melanie was a student in my school and I wanted her to win.
    Kristen

Kiwayu & Figiso Pictures:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwayu

We are a split household here. Two of my DDs want Cassadee and my other DD and my DH and I want Nicholas to win.

I find Cassadee bland and inconsistent. As for Terry? I didn't like the songs he's singing when they were new and on the radio and I still don't like them.

Dude looks like a Lady was awesome last night! Have to admit to having a crush on Adam. Which totally creeps my girls out. LOL

I've watched all three seasons. I'm actually kind of disappointed with the top three. I don't LOVE any of them. Cassadee has annoyed me from the very beginning. I don't find her voice appealing at all. Not a fan of Terry either. Nicholas has a nice voice, but I felt there were others that are better than he is.

I personally liked Dez Duron, Melanie, and Cody Belew. I wish one of them would have won it all.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I forgot to mention that Amanda was my absolute favorite. Couldn't believe that she didn't make the finals.

Blame Cassadee on the teen girls who like her boyfriend. She's also already had a record deal at some point or been in a band that had a hit - I forget which. This is a common argument my girls have. The one who doesn't like Cassadee thinks that people who have already had recording deals shouldn't be eligible.

I totally agree. If someone has already been "discovered" and has already had a record deal, then they shouldn't be eligible. It's not fair to all the other people who are amazing that haven't had that opportunity yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I do wish Dez and Amanda had stayed... Although, honestly, Dez's performance of that Hunter Hayes song was sub par. It sounded more angry than romantic.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by NBChoice View Post
    I totally agree. If someone has already been "discovered" and has already had a record deal, then they shouldn't be eligible. It's not fair to all the other people who are amazing that haven't had that opportunity yet.
    While I do agree, that would also mean that none of the final three this year would have been eligible. I think there are some restrictions regarding that, though.

Nicholas and Terry had record deals?

According to one of my daughters Cassadee actually had a song that was popular when she was in some girl group. Granted I could have that wrong since I confess to tuning the argument out after a bit.