The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Treat her as you would a recalcitrant employee in a closely allied division at work - not someone you can fire, not someone you have to impress, but someone you have to work with because the boss expects you to because you're working on the same project.

But really, quit letting her wind you up, dear. She gets way too much pleasure out of it.
    Excellent advice! Detach yourself from the emotional side...make it all business.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post

I will get the okay from her on something (like buying plane tickets for the kids) and then she'll tell my husband that I never got her permission, throw a huge fit, they can't go now, etc until we remind her that I've got it in writing.
    ?

let's back up one step, what does the divorce decree say? If it says in writing send it to her; if she doesn't respond in a timely manor contact the court that handle the divorce ...let the judge bang on her head a few times

Also, just do not send the kids (which are being used a pawns in this power battle)

He's on the phone w/ her now. Out of ear shot. Thank God else I'd be yelling eh?
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Well, I hope he does his part and I really do agree that you shouldn't have to deal with her if at all possible. She obviously doesn't respect you and is going out of her way to cause problems for you.
    SPACE FOR RENT

I'm truly at a loss here.
    I will get the okay from her on something (like buying plane tickets for the kids) and then she'll tell my husband that I never got her permission, throw a huge fit, they can't go now, etc until we remind her that I've got it in writing.
    That's your answer. I know there are various road blocks to email during the day, but you just have to get everything in writing. It may require you to ask the question a week earlier than you otherwise would have, but it's a necessary evil.

It's the same thing I do with manipulative bosses...everything in writing. It has saved me many times.
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

Gee "BuddyRoo", you've gotten tons of great advice here. All I can add is to light a friggin fire under your husband's ass & get him to take care of all this sh*t all by his itty bitty witty self. You really shouldn't be under all this stress thanks to his mentally unstable ex-wife & his spawn - regardless of how much you love the kids.

He's on the phone w/ her now. Out of ear shot. Thank God else I'd be yelling eh?
    They make adult beverages for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.