The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy I need a hug

I've been struggling for it seems like forever. The deaths of my parents (for whom I was their caregiver for the last ten years), the death of my 44 year marriage when he walked out on me, the subsequent gut wrenching downsizing, the loss of my Andalusian stallion in the spring. I've held it together one day at a time. I've tried to stay positive, after all I have so much to be thankful for. But it just seems that I can't catch a break. I went into the shed this morning to get my clippers (to give the yak some relief), and though stored in a heavy duty honest-to-goodness locking tool box, upon opening it, I found that it was full of water!!!!!!!!

The roof leaked. And apparently leaked straight into my locked tool box, all of my clippers... the two speed A-5s, the small face clippers, and worst of all, my Oster large animal clippers were all submerged in water.

I am on a tight, tight, (did I say tight)? budget, so replacing them any time in the near (or distant) future is out of the question.

Just needed to vent.
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    I've been struggling for it seems like forever. The deaths of my parents (for whom I was their caregiver for the last ten years), the death of my 44 year marriage when he walked out on me, the subsequent gut wrenching downsizing, the loss of my Andalusian stallion in the spring. I've held it together one day at a time. I've tried to stay positive, after all I have so much to be thankful for. But it just seems that I can't catch a break. I went into the shed this morning to get my clippers (to give the yak some relief), and though stored in a heavy duty honest-to-goodness locking tool box, upon opening it, I found that it was full of water!!!!!!!! The roof leaked. And apparently leaked straight into my locked tool box, all of my clippers... the two speed A-5s, the small face clippers, and worst of all, my Oster large animal clippers were all submerged in water. I am on a tight, tight, (did I say tight)? budget, so replacing them any time in the near (or distant) future is out of the question. Just needed to vent.
    yes, you can have a hug! A big one! If you were near by, I'd give you a glass - or box - of cheap red wine, too! maybe all is not lost: dry the clippers and pack them in a plastic container with rice - if you don't have those silica crystals handy. I have had great success with this when I have soaked more intricate electronics. Maybe you can salvage the clippers. of course, do not plug them in unless you are 99.9999999% sure they are really dry and not corroded! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}

3 members found this post helpful.

Here's a BIG hug coming your way from Massachusetts!!!! XXOXOXO
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

1 members found this post helpful.

Sending you a hug!! I love the idea about the rice, much cheaper than new clippers to.

Sweetie, we all need a hug sometimes! Here's the biggest one I can give you from PA:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{H U G S}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Here's another hug from the northeast - NY this time!
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Huge hug coming in from the wet and windy PNW! This too shall pass...

(((((((HUG))))))))

Take a deep breath, do what Alagirl suggested, get on the phone and network to find a pair you can borrow, and then take time to do something just for you. Keep us posted!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

(((((((hugs)))))))

My first thought was to write "when it rains, it pours"

then I remembered what the thread was about and wondered if that would be inappropriate

then I decided maybe it would be ironically funny

I'm hoping you find it ironically funny

Here's hoping your luck turns around soon!

7 members found this post helpful.

Big hugs and love from NC. You can get through this!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Another NY State hug!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

VT Hugs!!! You can get through this!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Many hugs!!

And, I agree with Alagirl, try to salvage them before giving up, by drying them thoroughly before attempting to plug in. I've recovered a cell phone that was dropped in the toilet this way. All may not be lost if tons of corrosion hasn't set in yet.

2 members found this post helpful.

Big hugs to you from me and my four-legged crew.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it - sending you big CA hugs!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

More HUGS from Wa

Over the Hill - things will get better, but sometimes you've got to let life just kind of roll on by. In the last four years, I've been thoroughly tested in this theory and I am speaking from firsthand experienced.

Sending you a huge hug from me and a boatload of patience to grin and bear what you're going through.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Because they were underwater, then I bet they aren't corroded. Corrosion takes oxygen and water usually, and as long as you put them up where they can drain, and open them up as much as you can, then they should be fine. You'll have to really oil the blades, but I'm bet they come through OK.
    From now on, everything in storage in big plastic bags. I think Glad or Hefty make big sealable plastic ones now.

And hugs.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Awww Hang in there! I know it's hard to do but stay positive. This too shall pass.

Sending you some ~Big Hugs~ from NJ

***********HUGS************* from MA!

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time lately. What you're describing totally sucks.

If I owned a pair of clippers I'd mail them out to you on loan...but alas, I don't own them! I do hope that your pair is salvageable!

((((HUGS))))

Where in FL are you? If your near Tampa, I will swing by and take you out for a drink!

If you in Ocala area, I may be able to hook you up with someone to lend you a pair of clippers.