The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 314
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr. 17, 2002
    Location
    between the barn and the pond
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Is a Panera grilled cheese notably better than a grilled cheese somewhere else? I have never ordered anything there other than the broccoli cheddar soup or the mac and cheese...

    Now I want some broccoli cheddar soup. Darn you people.
    Their bread is really good. I planned to get one last week but caved in and went with my addiction to Fuji Apple Chicken Salad.mmmmmmmmm. So, I don't know, but I intend to find out.

    Ali, I think you're getting slammed with red thumbs because you are taking them waaaay too seriously


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people don't like you? I don't have any opinion about you but it's evident that others might seem to have one of their own.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    11 members found this post helpful.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people don't like you? I don't have any opinion about you but it's evident that others might seem to have one of their own.
    Anytime I post outside the OT days, I get all positive ratings.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #124

    Default

    Well I apparently have a Red Thumb Stalker. Someone went through and red thumbed all my posts on Off Topic Day - even an apology for misunderstanding somone's post. What's the point of a thumb's down on an apology?
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    I guess I am a bit disappointed with this place lately. I have seen some really great stuff happen here, and have even encouraged admins of other boards to take a look at how this place runs because I feel that for the most part it is peaceful.

    I am far from an internet forum newbie, and hang on male dominated forums where the name calling can be (at times) very personal and vulgar. That hasn't run me off in 10 years (and 60k posts... now that is embarrassing).

    I always looked at COTH as the civilized place for intelligent discussion. I know that many people say that it is catty but since it never affected me, I didn't see it as such. Now I suppose I do. It doesn't appear to be just me, as anyone who expressed an opinion that they do not care for thumbs down got more thumbs down than up. That alone doesn't "hurt my feelings", it does however make me not look forward to logging in here.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Who knows such secrets of the Universe?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    In Jingle Town
    Posts
    35,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Who knows such secrets of the Universe?
    Chuck Norris and GM...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett


    4 members found this post helpful.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2008
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    one problem with this sort of rating system is that it may--oh, to hell with tact, it *does*-- cause people to censor themselves for fear of smiting or thumbs-downing or whatever. having been on boards that have effectively become fluffy little "i love you, you love me" places because people are afraid to voice their opinions, i would hate to see that happen here. i don't really think it will since there are enough of us who don't care what people think of us too much, but it's something to consider.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    I never censor myself. That's what the mods are for.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    one problem with this sort of rating system is that it may--oh, to hell with tact, it *does*-- cause people to censor themselves for fear of smiting or thumbs-downing or whatever. having been on boards that have effectively become fluffy little "i love you, you love me" places because people are afraid to voice their opinions, i would hate to see that happen here. i don't really think it will since there are enough of us who don't care what people think of us too much, but it's something to consider.
    Prior to the anonymous thumbing, I considered this to be the most polite and considerate forum I visit, by miles. I liked it that way


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I never censor myself. That's what the mods are for.
    Are you active on other boards? I would love to see you in action with a longer leash


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Since I last logged in (less than 18 hours ago), I have gotten 201 BAD post rating.
    Just wanted to point out that in the last 5 minutes, 2 people have thumb downed this painfully inappropriate and offensive post that did not jive with their personal opinion.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug. 15, 2008
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Since I last logged in (less than 18 hours ago), I have gotten 201 BAD post rating.
    It's not you, it's them. All 201 of them.

    I'm teasing you, Alicat. Please don't take that personally.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    In Jingle Town
    Posts
    35,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Just wanted to point out that in the last 5 minutes, 2 people have thumb downed this painfully inappropriate and offensive post that did not jive with their personal opinion.
    oh, 18 hours? not too bad...

    Have you turned it into a drinking game yet?

    Although, you know they really loff you, just missed that other finger in the excitement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett



  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    It's not you, it's them. All 201 of them.

    I'm teasing you, Alicat. Please don't take that personally.
    I heart you, man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    oh, 18 hours? not too bad...

    Have you turned it into a drinking game yet?

    Although, you know they really loff you, just missed that other finger in the excitement...
    NONO, 2 bad ratings from that post in 5 minutes.

    My liver is going to HATE you on the next OT day because this sounds like an epic drinking game challenge!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    In Jingle Town
    Posts
    35,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    I heart you, man.



    NONO, 2 bad ratings from that post in 5 minutes.

    My liver is going to HATE you on the next OT day because this sounds like an epic drinking game challenge!
    LOL, I meant the post you quoted...not wearing my glasses ATM...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    I just started another thread during this OT day. If people thumb down that topic I will be certain that the members of COTH have no soul.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    12,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    I would love to see you in action with a longer leash
    You're not the first woman around here to tell me that. This is the only horse forum I post on. Everything else is a tech forum - usually relating to my work.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2005
    Location
    Where it is perpetually winter
    Posts
    5,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    I just started another thread during this OT day. If people thumb down that topic I will be certain that the members of COTH have no soul.
    I was tempted to give it a thumbs down because I don't like potatoes (I'm sure I'll get thumbs downs for that!), so it does not sound like the most delicious thing ever, but I didn't.



  20. #140
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I was tempted to give it a thumbs down because I don't like potatoes (I'm sure I'll get thumbs downs for that!), so it does not sound like the most delicious thing ever, but I didn't.
    I'm still trying to comprehend how someone could not like potatoes!!!!


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Why were my CL horse posts "alerted" on but others NOT?
    By bayou_bengal in forum Off Course
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep. 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 64
    Last Post: Jan. 31, 2011, 06:53 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb. 22, 2010, 07:12 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan. 8, 2010, 11:01 AM
  5. CSH people - "first premium" offspring? "Elite" mares?
    By lowroller in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May. 6, 2008, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness