The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Red sauce on pasta!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

1 members found this post helpful.

Butter both sides of the best bread you adore... both slices...with real butter
    Use really good cheese, sharp cheddar is my preference.
    Low heat, be patient... flip it once, cut it on the diagonal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    The only way this thread could go further south is if the OP decided "I am closing this thread now!" And then came back every third or fourth post to say "I'm not reading your posts! I am telling the Mods to close this thread now!"

In other words, maybe this thread has turned in to an echo chamber.

Okay, one last thing about the notifications is that when you click on it and it says "helpful post ratings" and then you see a list of bad
    bad
    bad

that is really cruel.
    Since my last update:

Welcome, AliCat

You last visited: Dec. 16, 2012

Notifications: 22

Bringing light to how people use the TD is hardly some sort of echo chamber pity party, but it does show how some do use it as a trolling tool.

127 bad post notifications in an hour LOL

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    So...
    What is the secret to making the perfect grilled cheese without a panini maker? I have a toaster, a stove, and an oven. That's about it for my appliances.
    Home made bread, sliced slightly thick. I like to melt my margarine in the pan, as opposed to spreading it on the bread. Medium heat on the good ol' frying pan, just a touch to the hotter side - a decently thick slice of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar (or vintage white, if you prefer!). I like to leave it open-faced until the cheese starts to melt. Add the second slice, check the bottom for brown-ness, remove sandwich, add more margarine, repeat.

DROOL. Crispy, greasy outside, gooey cheesy inside.

I even eat this grilled cheese cold the next day. To. Die. For. Can be dipped in ketchup (my original, childhood love affair), sweet chili sauce, bbq sauce...
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

3 members found this post helpful.

8 minutes since my last update, and 18 more notifications.

Edit:

You guys are quick.

Welcome, AliCat

Notifications: 24

What a fun game this is!

I had to give that post a red thumb for the ketchup. One must never. ever adulterate good cheese with *shudder* ketchup*.

*Not to be confused with our own Heinz 57, who is, I am sure, a lovely person.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Since my last update:

Welcome, AliCat

Notifications: 22

Bringing light to how people use the TD is hardly some sort of echo chamber pity party, but it does show how some do use it as a trolling tool.
    Page 12 has 19 replies, 10 of which are yours. That's kinda echo-y.

I agree with you about the thumbs.

Supershorty, lightly butter some bread and grate a huge pile of cheese. On the stove top, sauté up some onions or mushrooms and set aside. Make your sandwich out of the cheese and sautéed fixings. Now butter the outside of the sandwich and throw it in the skillet. I use butter in the skillet, just keeping the temperature low so I don't burn the butter. Make sure you keep it there long enough to melt the cheese all they way, which is faster if it's grated.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Home made bread, sliced slightly thick. I like to melt my margarine in the pan, as opposed to spreading it on the bread. Medium heat on the good ol' frying pan, just a touch to the hotter side - a decently thick slice of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar (or vintage white, if you prefer!). I like to leave it open-faced until the cheese starts to melt. Add the second slice, check the bottom for brown-ness, remove sandwich, add more margarine, repeat.

DROOL. Crispy, greasy outside, gooey cheesy inside.

I even eat this grilled cheese cold the next day. To. Die. For. Can be dipped in ketchup (my original, childhood love affair), sweet chili sauce, bbq sauce...
    Thumbs down for grilled cheese! WAAAHHHH!!

2 members found this post helpful.

On the general cooking note, there is a thread explaining how to make potato chips in the microwave.

This PSA brought to you by the letter Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Halt Near X View Post
    On the general cooking note, there is a thread explaining how to make potato chips in the microwave.

This PSA brought to you by the letter Yum.
    Yum? Do you own KFC?

Pass some of them on to my cats. Thumbs...the only thing standing between the kitteh and Total World Domination. PS- they don't even care what color they are. In fact, the redder the better. To showcase teh ebil, of course.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post
    I had to give that post a red thumb for the ketchup. One must never. ever adulterate good cheese with *shudder* ketchup*.

*Not to be confused with our own Heinz 57, who is, I am sure, a lovely person.
    I'm so offended. It was YOU! Really though, given my name...as you'd expect, nearly anything goes good with ketchup. I was raised on fish sticks and chicken nuggets and a long list of other things that are truly only good when smeared with a big glop of ketchup. Including grilled cheese.

The only thing getting adulterated around here is Mr. Heinz.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Yum? Do you own KFC?
    Yes. But I won't give anyone my credentials to prove it, so don't ask.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I remember when KFC had yummy roasted chicken. Those were the days. I can't really stand their chicken now.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by Halt Near X View Post
    Yes. But I won't give anyone my credentials to prove it, so don't ask.
    I don't care about seeing credentials, I care about you getting me into a box at the Kentucky Derby. It is the only way I will be able to carry on and cope with the mental anguish that 500 bad post ratings have left me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    I'm so offended. It was YOU! Really though, given my name...as you'd expect, nearly anything goes good with ketchup. I was raised on fish sticks and chicken nuggets and a long list of other things that are truly only good when smeared with a big glop of ketchup. Including grilled cheese.
    Because I'm in finals mode right now and therefore not leaving my apartment to get to a grocery store, my food has consisted of what I can find in the freezer. Today, that was dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and some ketchup that was not in the freezer. I'm such a good college student.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Finals fuel: ramen, grilled cheese, Snickers bars, and a pot of coffee. Some days you make coffee with water. During finals you make coffee with coffee. May the force be with you.

And I don't give a hoot about who does or does not appreciate my posts, or whether someone thinks what I said was good or bad; but if you thumbs down grilled cheese, you need to seriously re-evaluate your life choices. Unless you're lactose intolerant. Then you may remain on this planet.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

6 members found this post helpful.

My roommate informed me that we are out of dino chicken nuggets. It appears that our food is now down to toast, dry cereal, 4 sticks of string cheese, and 1 Snickers bar. I may have to find time to go to the grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Because I'm in finals mode right now and therefore not leaving my apartment to get to a grocery store, my food has consisted of what I can find in the freezer. Today, that was dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and some ketchup that was not in the freezer. I'm such a good college student.
    Sadly, I'm no college student - I'm married and coming up on 26 years old in February.

And I still make extra fish sticks for dinner so I can eat them cold the next morning. It's a good thing Mr. Heinz loves me.

Who puts ketchup in the freezer?

ETA: I bet you could make a bomb grilled cheese with the toast and string cheese. Assuming you have oil, butter, margarine, or some other greasy liquid with which to fry it in....