The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 314
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    In the time it took for me to post that, I got a lot more 15 more ratings.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Well, hopefully this thread will be constructive when the staff discusses how the TU TD should be overhauled.

    Thanks guys!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Well, hopefully this thread will be constructive when the staff discusses how the TU TD should be overhauled.

    Thanks guys!
    In what way?
    Which adult beverages can be used to make this little game survivable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    In what way?
    Which adult beverages can be used to make this little game survivable?
    In case you missed it, the whole point of this thread was to have a discussion about this EXACT topic that the staff is currently polling members about (if they should modify or scrap the thumbs up and down).

    Some have played along, and for others it has become a thumbs down troll fest.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    20 more notifications.



  6. #226
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    You're nobody until somebody thumbs you.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    8 members found this post helpful.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    You're nobody until somebody thumbs you.
    That might be true, but I just got 25 more in the last couple minutes. Where am I supposed to put all of them?



  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jan. 25, 2011
    Location
    Southern Pines, NC
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people don't like you?
    This quote sums up my feeling about so many people in the world.

    Oh, and I love grilled cheese... Yes, I'm a craptastic vegan.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    That might be true, but I just got 25 more in the last couple minutes. Where am I supposed to put all of them?
    I'm afraid that's between you and your physician.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2003
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    That might be true, but I just got 25 more in the last couple minutes. Where am I supposed to put all of them?
    So. many. jokes. Must. restrain. fingers.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    In case you missed it, the whole point of this thread was to have a discussion about this EXACT topic that the staff is currently polling members about (if they should modify or scrap the thumbs up and down).

    Some have played along, and for others it has become a thumbs down troll fest.
    Nah, I didn't miss it.
    The Red Thumb Brigade is up and running.

    But I do think you are putting a bit too much into it.

    I mean, you are breaking all records, but I am sure there are some thumbing you, just because. Every time I mention the thumbs I get the red finger, too.

    However, after the initial irritation wore off, considering some of the posts I got the finger for, I found it amusing.

    I don't like the red thumb particularly, and not because I am on a record setting pace, right behind you, but because it does not add anything to the conversation (FWIW, non of the forums I frequent who have the feature have the red thumb)

    I mean if I agree with somebody, there is nothing to elaborate.
    When I don't agree, just flipping the bird won't change anything either.

    I do believe there are individuals who use the feature to single out posters they have crossed swords with and apparently they are going through old posts to stick it to them.
    But guess what: That is so childish, it should not cause more than a tired smile by now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  12. #232
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    This quote sums up my feeling about so many people in the world.

    Oh, and I love grilled cheese... Yes, I'm a craptastic vegan.
    I prefer:

    Sometimes I wish I were a bird, so I could fly, far far away, and poop on your head.



  13. #233
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Nah, I didn't miss it.
    The Red Thumb Brigade is up and running.

    But I do think you are putting a bit too much into it.

    I mean, you are breaking all records, but I am sure there are some thumbing you, just because. Every time I mention the thumbs I get the red finger, too.

    However, after the initial irritation wore off, considering some of the posts I got the finger for, I found it amusing.

    I don't like the red thumb particularly, and not because I am on a record setting pace, right behind you, but because it does not add anything to the conversation (FWIW, non of the forums I frequent who have the feature have the red thumb)

    I mean if I agree with somebody, there is nothing to elaborate.
    When I don't agree, just flipping the bird won't change anything either.

    I do believe there are individuals who use the feature to single out posters they have crossed swords with and apparently they are going through old posts to stick it to them.
    But guess what: That is so childish, it should not cause more than a tired smile by now!
    I agree very much with what you have said :hug:



  14. #234
    Join Date
    Jan. 25, 2011
    Location
    Southern Pines, NC
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    I prefer:

    Sometimes I wish I were a bird, so I could fly, far far away, and poop on your head.
    This is going to be my new siggy quote. Thank you.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Such concern over a thumb?? In light of 6 year olds getting shot with an assault rifle you worry about a red thumb???


    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    And you just illustrated exactly why the thumb down feature is asinine.

    I have had several people PM me to apologize for rating my posts a certain way before reading the whole thread, letting the conversation flow a little deeper, etc. I thought that it was nice that they reached out to me, but it does show how quick we are to rate things with knee jerk reactions.

    You felt that because you are a thumb down user that this thread was some sort of attack on you, and only after you got snarky with me and told me that my user experience didn't matter to individual posters (which is equally ridiculous because this is an online community and if the posters are not comfortable with each other, it will be less popular). Once I pointed out that COTH staff was polling users on how users felt about the thumbs up/down (despite the fact in your opinion I was bringing up a topic that was discussed "ad naseum"), your tune changed.


    12 members found this post helpful.

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    This is going to be my new siggy quote. Thank you.
    With pleasure



  17. #237
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2009
    Location
    Near the cupcake shop
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Such concern over a thumb?? In light of 6 year olds getting shot with an assault rifle you worry about a red thumb???
    Yeah, the idea of having a couple threads on OT day that did not involve kids getting killed, gun control, mental health or anything else on the main page. How cruel and unusual.

    Just went and counted. There are 10 other threads on the first page of OT regarding that tragedy.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,479

    Default

    Negative attention solicitation...
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte


    9 members found this post helpful.

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Oct. 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,732

    Thumbs down I am giving this thread a "bad" rating now.

    The only way this thread could go further south is if the OP decided "I am closing this thread now!" And then came back every third or fourth post to say "I'm not reading your posts! I am telling the Mods to close this thread now!"

    In other words, maybe this thread has turned in to an echo chamber.

    Okay, one last thing about the notifications is that when you click on it and it says "helpful post ratings" and then you see a list of bad
    bad
    bad

    that is really cruel.
    A helmet saved my life.

    2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!


    4 members found this post helpful.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2005
    Location
    Where it is perpetually winter
    Posts
    5,021

    Default

    So...
    What is the secret to making the perfect grilled cheese without a panini maker? I have a toaster, a stove, and an oven. That's about it for my appliances.


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Why were my CL horse posts "alerted" on but others NOT?
    By bayou_bengal in forum Off Course
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep. 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 64
    Last Post: Jan. 31, 2011, 06:53 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb. 22, 2010, 07:12 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan. 8, 2010, 11:01 AM
  5. CSH people - "first premium" offspring? "Elite" mares?
    By lowroller in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May. 6, 2008, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness