The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation I am being ogled.

My yearling cat fetches. He LOVES to fetch. I do not dare throw his toy while laying or sitting on my bed because I will set horribly incorrect expectations that will be attempted to be realized at 3 am.

I threw it for him while *ahem* on the throne and now it must be thrown while I am on the throne every single time. Sometimes I hightail it into there and slam the door before he can get there so I can have some peace.

So for now I have this-

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMAG1452.jpg

Yes, the shiny gold pipe cleaner is his toy. He loves those things so much he gets himself into a frenzy whenever I open the craft drawer hoping I will pull out a new one. He also has tried to launch into the drawer but I managed to block the 10 pound furry excitement bomb.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

6 members found this post helpful.

OMG is he cute!

Awwe! I have one that goes completely nuts over fetching tin-foil balls. But not regular tin foil, it must be the thinner type that usually wraps chocolates (the Ferrara Rocher tin foils are the absolute preference). He starts doing cartwheels and backflips the second someone starts unwrapping one of these treats!
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

Lol, I feel your pain E!

Chloe thinks bathroom time is a must attend social engagement. If I dare close the door with her outside, a howling horror ensues. Frantic paws reaching under the door, scratching, voice escalating to screaches that can be heard for miles. Of course, once I let her in, she proceeds to roll & pose on the shower mat, just out of reach...

By the time I escape, trip over random Blue Heeler throwing himself at the door wanting in on the action, and the Pyr, trying to get to me b/c all this noise is disconcerting to the 85lb ball of fluff...I now realize the only way these beasts will protect me from intruders will be to some how getting the ner do well into the john & let the crazed critters at 'em :-O

I miss quiet time in the b/r!

5 members found this post helpful.

Oh I LOVE him! He's sooooo cute.

He is adorable!!!

Look into his eyes. This is a cat with direction and who knows his rights.

You should submit for now. Sooner or later, he'll become a slacker and you'll get a break.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

I admit to being an old nerd who smokes a pipe. And yes, pipe cleaners are my cat's favorite toy. We buy others and they're neglected for the pipe cleaner.
    Yes, I know how to spell. I'm using freespeling!

freespeling

1 members found this post helpful.

Bred ties get mine. every. single. time. and they arent young/male.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

The yearlings name is Edo, he has an older buddy named Tux, 4 (who is always mildly embarrassed by Edo).

So JohnDeere, he may not grow out of this?

Nic, we need to start herding criminals into bathrooms so we can make a dent in the illegal activities of our areas. It's like rehab but more fun!
    The Knotted Pony

Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Hmmm, you may end up entering my home through the restroom...wait, this may also have beneficial implications re JW's & peddlers.

I'll get engineering on it, stat!

If you make your home entrance your pooper I will make you a rib roast dinner complete with drinks!

Want some of that Baileys thing with the coffee ice cubes I'm into this year for Christmas? Stacy Jo and I are planning on taking out the small town of Burley, WA on Christmas Eve with it. The deputies have announced that the lawn mowers and tractors are off limits after any hooch so we are going by foot and bicycle.
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by 2BayPonies View Post
    I now realize the only way these beasts will protect me from intruders will be to some how getting the ner do well into the john & let the crazed critters at 'em :-O
    ROFL!! Great description .

The only animal I've ever owned that I felt safe with was my very jealous possessive mare. There's nothing like 1100# of attack horse to make one feel safe! That mare wouldn't let anyone within 10' of me. Unfortunately, she was zero help around the house.

My biggest kitty problem is that one of them suffers from occasionally having a desperate need to be cuddled very closely and vigourously right NOW!!! The other one has a habit of jumping into the b/r sink or tub and refusing to move before I can turn on the water. Silly girls!
    <><

The Knotted Pony

Oh yes, I'm going to try that Bailey's thing for sure! Mmmmmn :-)

So not fair on the tractor restrictions, a gal shouldn't have to wade through snow & slush to get her Bailey's on :-O

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    If you make your home entrance your pooper I will make you a rib roast dinner complete with drinks!

Want some of that Baileys thing with the coffee ice cubes I'm into this year for Christmas? Stacy Jo and I are planning on taking out the small town of Burley, WA on Christmas Eve with it. The deputies have announced that the lawn mowers and tractors are off limits after any hooch so we are going by foot and bicycle.

Hah, an attack mare, perfection!
    The dogs & cats aren't very good around the house either, you think they would at least run the vacuum every now & then.

I love a cuddle puss, but more on my timeline ;-)

I've had those sink hoarders, trouble for sure! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Calena View Post
    ROFL!! Great description .

The only animal I've ever owned that I felt safe with was my very jealous possessive mare. There's nothing like 1100# of attack horse to make one feel safe! That mare wouldn't let anyone within 10' of me. Unfortunately, she was zero help around the house.

My biggest kitty problem is that one of them suffers from occasionally having a desperate need to be cuddled very closely and vigourously right NOW!!! The other one has a habit of jumping into the b/r sink or tub and refusing to move before I can turn on the water. Silly girls!

You should come out Nic. Don't make me come all the way to texas what with your better weather.... oh wait

Does this emoticon not only glow with pizzazz but also make you feel slightly threatened that if you don't start wildly applauding it might go all elf on the shelf on you??? --->
    The Knotted Pony

My late Callie kitty had a thing for ribbons all of her 17 years. Very hard to wrap presents when your cat is either trying to take the ribbon or removing bows.

you have a very cute kitty!
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

LOL!! Tux and Edo have a thing for "helping" make the bed. I usually end up making Tux up in the bed and then he howls for help after a few mins.

Now, a ribbon is considered a fine toy around here. Not the premium rank of pipe cleaner but still prime stuff.
    The Knotted Pony

I heard Cindy talking about the snow up there, no way in hell am I leaving the 70's for that mess! You need to head down here, Boo is quite put out that the biggest fan of her Ay-Rab self hasn't visited :'(

That is quite an impressive emoticon, but I refuse to be bullied into applause ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    You should come out Nic. Don't make me come all the way to texas what with your better weather.... oh wait

Does this emoticon not only glow with pizzazz but also make you feel slightly threatened that if you don't start wildly applauding it might go all elf on the shelf on you??? --->