The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Well, I'm also close to the Triangle
    Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    There are a number of COTHers in the Triangle area of NC. Anyone up for some COTHy fun???

Another Texan here. I'm near the TX/LA border.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Another Masshole checking in...I'm in northeast MA, young 20's, and begrudgingly horseless. I would do just about anything for a little bit of pony time!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm on the Gulf Coast of MS, about an hour east of New Orleans. By no means am I originally from here, but I've been here for over 6 years (holy crap). Originally from PA and one day hope to get back there...

Default Tallahassee Lassie!

I'm in the middle, I think all ya'll need to come visit us!!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
    What a lovely idea, GoForAGallop! I wish I was still in MA; I'd take you up on the offer!

I'm in the Ocala area and always happy to meet new people and make new friends. Always down for a trail ride on the Greenway or at Gothe State Forrest! I'll also be at HITS almost every week And I do have a guest-friendly horse; it's always nice to get two of the boys out!
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    I'm in the Florida Pan Handle. I regularly go through to Louisiana, the east coast of Florida, Mississippi and Alabama. I would not at all be opposed to stopping by to see someone or having a meet up here locally! I can also be found on facebook as Kimberly Ann Michelle Braud
    Love making connections, the world would stop without them (:
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    Any Tampa CoTHers out there?

Want to hit up the Taco Bus?

I am always game for being the cheering section during shows at the fairgrounds. I am currently horseless, but I would PAY someone to get dirty in a barn and groom a horse for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTRider View Post
    I'm St. Pete, but that's close enough, right? I'm also horseless and would love to find an old fart horse that wants some grooming and grazing. I miss that.

We could road trip it to Ocala and visit Punkie, I guess. Anyway, I'd be game for a coffee or something. Would be fun if we had a big group here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotted Pony View Post
    I'm in Ocala too!! Ponies, donk,mini and stray puppies to pet LOL. Also TB training center near HITS if you want to see racehorses. Lunch at Pepe's is ok, but the spinach salad at Horse and Hounds is great and has the added bonus of being located near a tack shop!Count me in for any Ocala meet up

I'm in the triangle area too if anybody wants to get together!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    I'm one of, what, three Oregonians on here?!? I am about 20 miles west of Bend, if anyone is coming through I always have horses that need to be ridden and driven!

Or lunch...or a glass of wine... or, or
    I've always wanted to learn to drive! Although this time of year isn't exactly prime for making trips east. We're in Independence, just SW of Salem. There are quite a few PNW'ers on here, although I think some of them avoid OT Days (somewhat understandably).
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by giddybiddy View Post
    Another Masshole checking in...I'm in northeast MA, young 20's, and begrudgingly horseless. I would do just about anything for a little bit of pony time!
    I am on the job hunt and if I end up moving out your way, I will keep you in mind, because I have too many horses and not enough time!

Anyone from SE PA looking at this thread? I live near Allentown/Reading. I know that there are some COTHers from this region, though I have met only a few.

One person mentioned Central PA (which can be a large area!). Not sure if they are talking Harrisburg or further west?

I am game to meet new COTHers from my region.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    I am on the job hunt and if I end up moving out your way, I will keep you in mind, because I have too many horses and not enough time!
    That sounds like my kind of deal! In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming of the day where I can just f%^&ing afford my own horse and board! *Sigh*
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

Quote Originally Posted by MtyMax View Post
    Well, I'm also close to the Triangle
    Awesome!! And juby2be, come play with us! I miss you!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Not real close being in the Gettysburg area. If you're on FB feel free to message me

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewood View Post
    Anyone from SE PA looking at this thread? I live near Allentown/Reading. I know that there are some COTHers from this region, though I have met only a few.

One person mentioned Central PA (which can be a large area!). Not sure if they are talking Harrisburg or further west?

I am game to meet new COTHers from my region.
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by giddybiddy View Post
    You're just a bit away from my 2 in Groton--if you don't mind a curmudgeonly gelding that doesn't like ringwork faster than a walk but LOVES to go out on the trails, let me know! I am always riding alone and Mr. Curmudgeon needs to just get out there and WALK FORWARD! He is, however, a lovebug when you groom him and shower him in treats.

"You're just a bit away from my 2 in Groton--if you don't mind a curmudgeonly gelding that doesn't like ringwork faster than a walk but LOVES to go out on the trails, let me know! I am always riding alone and Mr. Curmudgeon needs to just get out there and WALK FORWARD! He is, however, a lovebug when you groom him and shower him in treats. "

I might just have to PM you! As much as I'd love to ride all the time, (if I had a horse, of course), I'm busy with college and work, and a trail ride sounds like exactly what I need. And I go to school in Lowell, so I'm really right around the corner!
    Last edited by giddybiddy; Dec. 18, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: forgot to add quote!

My part of North Carolina is just north of Greensboro. Have a truck & trailer. Anybody up for a ride together?

I would love to make some new friends as well!

I live in Western North Carolina, right outside of Asheville. I keep my horse nearby and I love hiking, movies, drinks, whatever! lol

Jen- miss you too! I will hopefully see you at Cassidy's party if we're not too slammed.

otherwise lets get the triangle cothers together and have some fun! (Hey we could always meet at the new Dover! I STILL haven't gotten over there yet!)

I live in Southern Maryland but my weekends are spent mostly between Annapolis and Carroll County. I'm always up for meeting new people if the situation presents itself. Can provide references if needed.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Speaking of people, have you noticed that quite a few of the locals have stopped posting here or disappeared all-together?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Another Texas resident checking in. I'm a 1/2 hour south of Dallas & would love to meet some new people.

Have a spare horse, love some wine,or coffee & chat.

I am in my 40's physically, but the mind is still hanging in the 20s ;-)
    Last edited by 2BayPonies; Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: damn tablet