The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Default AirForceWife!!!!!

I am totally jealous! We always spent summers in "Pepsi Cola". I took the kids down for a week this summer on a CO to VA to KY to FL to LA roadtrip.

Please go to Milton bakery, get a couple sour cream donuts and then tell this pregnantcravingdonutsCoTHer how great they are!

P'cola is way more fun when you are single because nothing looks as good on a girl as navy!!!

Now I am in the boonies of CO, craving food from places where they care about stuff like that
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm in, let me know dates and I will plan leave around it. My son loves ponies so he will be a willing participant! Also, anytime near the 1st or 15th would be nice, paydays (:

Quote Originally Posted by iechris View Post
    I'm just down the road a bit in SC and could join in. Horsie dear is an on-farm part-lease, so I'm horseless.
    Let's do this! Or at least add each other on Facebook to start planning
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

This is a longshot but anyone live in NW or NCentral MO?

Seeing the Tampa and Ocala people makes me miss FL. I lived in Tampa, well actually Oldsmar, every winter. I worked for a vet and ponied at Tampa Bay Downs. The Tampa area is a great place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    I am totally jealous! We always spent summers in "Pepsi Cola". I took the kids down for a week this summer on a CO to VA to KY to FL to LA roadtrip.

Please go to Milton bakery, get a couple sour cream donuts and then tell this pregnantcravingdonutsCoTHer how great they are!

P'cola is way more fun when you are single because nothing looks as good on a girl as navy!!!

Now I am in the boonies of CO, craving food from places where they care about stuff like that
    You should absolutely come visit and we can go together (: I can relate to the navy statement although I did marry Air Force! I grew up in a navy town and boy do they now how to wine and dine

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    You should absolutely come visit and we can go together (: I can relate to the navy statement although I did marry Air Force! I grew up in a navy town and boy do they now how to wine and dine
    I'm due in early June, so probably no summer trips for me. My aunt and uncle are coming out for a visit in May from there. DD will be 10, so if I can find a direct flight where she can be a UM, she might go hang out for a few weeks. She loved fishing and snorkeling this past summer.

My Dad actually played baseball there in the '60's. If you watched the Baseball in Pensacola thing on PBS he was in there!

You could make a winter trip? Can you even call it winter here? I would offer to mail some but I do t think that would work well

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    Aw, I wanna hang out too! Boston here

Any eastern Mass peeps want to see the Hobbit???? Or the Book of Mormon?

Or come hang in my 'hood and eat really bad Chinese food and bad pizza? Yum. Or we could go the the beach down the street! In the winter! Good times.

I'll hang out with any one, I play well with others
    I am not near you but I wish I was, I am DYING to see Book of Mormon! Huuuuuge Trey Parker fan here!!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    You could make a winter trip? Can you even call it winter here? I would offer to mail some but I do t think that would work well
    Awww, thanks, but yeah, they don't travel too well! They are best eaten on the way home from the bakery in even numbers!! I've got a trip to New Mexico in Feb, then I think Seattle in March, so FL is a no go, unfortunately. It really is one of my most fave places to be. There is an island off Navy Point we always sein for bait off of and the kids had so much fun we spent a whole day there, never even getting out into the bay. I was glad to get the kids down there. DS(3yrs) loved the Naval Air Museum and 'driving' my uncle's boat.

Well, not yet, I am supposed to be moving to the UP in about a year and a half.....I'm a little skeptical about the horsey scene up there....

Quote Originally Posted by Gracious View Post
    Anybody here from Michigan?
    Well, not yet, I am going to be moving to the UP in about a year and a half..I am pretty skeptical of the horsey scene up there...

Okay someone gave me a thumbs-up but didn't mention their locale!

Sneaky COTHers!

I just drove past Tampa Bay Downs yesterday, they opened up 2 weeks ago.

I see your in the cold mid-west, don't worry I won't rub it in that its 73* and sunny down here.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfinemess View Post
    This is a longshot but anyone live in NW or NCentral MO?

Seeing the Tampa and Ocala people makes me miss FL. I lived in Tampa, well actually Oldsmar, every winter. I worked for a vet and ponied at Tampa Bay Downs. The Tampa area is a great place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    I'm one of, what, three Oregonians on here?!? I am about 20 miles west of Bend, if anyone is coming through I always have horses that need to be ridden and driven!

Or lunch...or a glass of wine... or, or
    Ah darn. I'm heading up to Rogue River on Thursday to visit my grandparents. I checked googlemaps and Bend is a little further than I remembered!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracious View Post
    Anybody here from Michigan?
    Me!

Quote Originally Posted by kateh View Post
    In January I'll be moving to central TN, about halfway between Nashville & Knoxville. I'm mid 20s but would be willing to meet up with any demographic.

I'm also well-versed in internet dating, so I'm used to making chitchat with strangers
    I'm in Knoxville, but I ride around the Plateau area a lot. Look me up when you hit TN!

The holidays are a real bummer for some people - either they are far from home or have no family or any number of reasons.

I think it would be nice to plan some COTH get-togethers in lots of places around the country during this holiday period and everyone get together for some cheer.

I'd be delighted to put something together for the Houston area at a restaurant with a party room. PM me if you'd be interested and we'll work on dates.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    The holidays are a real bummer for some people - either they are far from home or have no family or any number of reasons.

I think it would be nice to plan some COTH get-togethers in lots of places around the country during this holiday period and everyone get together for some cheer.

I'd be delighted to put something together for the Houston area at a restaurant with a party room. PM me if you'd be interested and we'll work on dates.
    I'm happy to put together something similar for the COTHers in this area. I'm sure we can find a central location!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Nice to know there are a few of us from the Great White North! Count me in as another Canuck! I lurk more than I post (although I'm VERY overdue on an update on my riding lessons), but I can get behind this. Not a lot of my friends or family are horsey so more horsey friends would be great!

I'm in SW Ontario - Stratford area.

Whoever said Austin TX - colour me jealous lol!

FF

IM in central NC and went to school in Boone I'd love to meet some Cothers.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    That could work. What if we met in the Boone/Blowing Rock area, that's also within reasonable from Bristol, so perhaps ManyDogs could join us? Anyone else in west-central NC/NE Tennessee/SW Virginia?