The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GingerJumper View Post
    I saw a couple other people who said they were in Asheville... we could do a meet halfway kind of NC meetup
    That could work. What if we met in the Boone/Blowing Rock area, that's also within reasonable from Bristol, so perhaps ManyDogs could join us? Anyone else in west-central NC/NE Tennessee/SW Virginia?

Generally do not have to twist my arm to head to Boone
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    me too-anyone else?
    I would like to. I am in the sw burbs.

DeucesWild, you're not the only Illinoisian here! I'm about an hour west of Chicago, where are you located?

Have you ever checked out the Midwest Horse message boards? Lots of good people there too. I've made a few friends over the years there. http://midwest-horse.com/forum/index.php
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Anybody here from Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by theblondejumper View Post
    Any real/fake Texans?

Moved to Austin a few months ago and finally have some type of transportation (Car2Go) so I'm dying for a horse fix and to meet new people!

Please give me an alternative to book club...
    Im up near Ft Worth if you are every up north!

Any Tampa CoTHers out there?

Want to hit up the Taco Bus?

I am always game for being the cheering section during shows at the fairgrounds. I am currently horseless, but I would PAY someone to get dirty in a barn and groom a horse for hours.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    That could work. What if we met in the Boone/Blowing Rock area, that's also within reasonable from Bristol, so perhaps ManyDogs could join us? Anyone else in west-central NC/NE Tennessee/SW Virginia?
    I'm just down the road a bit in SC and could join in. Horsie dear is an on-farm part-lease, so I'm horseless.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post

I am always game for being the cheering section during shows at the fairgrounds. I am currently horseless, but I would PAY someone to get dirty in a barn and groom a horse for hours.
    Not Tampa but Fl! My parents live in Green Cove Springs (: I'm in Crestview by Pensacola. If you ever find yourself up here, I am more than happy to oblige your grooming needs (:

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I miss Tampa. I used to have family there. I loved it.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Tampa is a lot of fun, there is always something going on. Sure its not as exciting at NYC, DC, Philly or any other large metropolitan city, but they try, and we have the beach so there is always that.

Anyone in Atlanta?? I moved here this summer from Illinois and don't know anyone!!

deuceswild, where in Northern Illinois? I'll be up there from Saturday through New Years!
    ~Isabel

Proud owner for Infinity Sport Horse
    Facebook :: Website

I'm in the capital of Canada, Ottawa. If anyone ever wants to see our lovely city, and maybe bring back a suitcase of Voltaren and cheap ulcer meds, feel free to look me up. I also have a few guest horses(and a few OTTB's for the more adventurous).
    I've met a few cothers, and all have been extremely nice people.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

I'm St. Pete, but that's close enough, right? I'm also horseless and would love to find an old fart horse that wants some grooming and grazing. I miss that.

We could road trip it to Ocala and visit Punkie, I guess. Anyway, I'd be game for a coffee or something. Would be fun if we had a big group here.

Quote Originally Posted by KTRider View Post
    I'm St. Pete, but that's close enough, right? I'm also horseless and would love to find an old fart horse that wants some grooming and grazing. I miss that.

We could road trip it to Ocala and visit Punkie, I guess. Anyway, I'd be game for a coffee or something. Would be fun if we had a big group here.
    Come on up! My monsters would love some extra attention and then there's always her royal highness the pig
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
    Come on up! My monsters would love some extra attention and then there's always her royal highness the pig
    A pig! Oh man, now I really want to visit. I think pigs are the cutest, next to mini-donks, really. I may have to take you up on this in the new year.

A pig! Oh man, now I really want to visit. I think pigs are the cutest, next to mini-donks, really. I may have to take you up on this in the new year.
    You should come up during circuit, I'm about 6 minutes from HITS and have an ATV to get around the grounds
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

1 members found this post helpful.

I would enjoy meeting up in St Pete. I am headed to the Saturday Farmer's Market this Saturday, at about 9am if you care to stroll around with a coffee. I have to do some recon work there for a local bread company I work for.

I lived in Ocala for 10 years, I wonder if I know Punkie already. (but I was in the CDE world up there) I need to head up to take my dog up the Town and Country Vet for his annuals.

We can road trip up to Ocala, only if we can go to Pepe's for lunch.

I apparently have a thing for Mexican food

I would enjoy meeting up in St Pete. I am headed to the Saturday Farmer's Market this Saturday, at about 9am if you care to stroll around with a coffee. I have to do some recon work there for a local bread company I work for.

I lived in Ocala for 10 years, I wonder if I know Punkie already. (but I was in the CDE world up there) I need to head up to take my dog up the Town and Country Vet for his annuals.

We can road trip up to Ocala, only if we can go to Pepe's for lunch.

I apparently have a thing for Mexican food
    We likely haven't met; I've only lived here since 07/11 but I've been coming down from MA to horse show since 1999. Pepe's is right down the street from my trainer's barn; it's SO GOOD!

But seriously, shoot me a PM if you're going to be in the area, I'd love to meet other COTHers!

careful what you wish for Punkie, you just may find you CoThers at your doorstep with brushes in hand

Quote Originally Posted by Punkie View Post