The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and would love to have a COTH get-together to hang out and talk horses. If there are any others in my area who would like to get together as a group, I'd be happy to organize the details!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Hey! Don't forget I'm just up the road. Until you move to KY and then that's really down the road!

fwiw i'm in bolton, whereabouts are you guys?

What a great idea, wish Montana were closer!! Am jealous about Superminion being in N Vt (UVM alum here!), so pretty!! But I love meeting, communicating with horsie people, where ever they are!

Such an awesome idea! I'm also in MA, but near Boston. I work down in Plymouth. I have 2 semi-retired horse in Groton, including a guest friendly horse. I feel like most of my friends from growing up and college are all doing their own things and moving, marrying, and babying.

I'm in my late 20s (I can't believe I just typed that!!!) and my friends are all various ages. I'd love to make more horsey friends that like to do other stuff besides ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    The northern part of the state! Up near canadia!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I can't be the only west coaster here! Unfortunately I fall into the "middle of nowhere" category....2 hours to anywhere, 3 hours + to anywhere good

But this is a neat idea!

1 members found this post helpful.

If any COTHers are ever in NYC, I'm always up for being a tour guide/giving general city advice!

I'm in Western Western MA - right near the NY border - but am definitely up for a meet-up! I'm late 20's, but get along with all age ranges.

I live in central/south central pa...not really "near" anything, just Amish people. But I have a horse, a pony, and a great state park to trail ride in...
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

2 members found this post helpful.

Aw, I wanna hang out too! Boston here

Any eastern Mass peeps want to see the Hobbit???? Or the Book of Mormon?

Or come hang in my 'hood and eat really bad Chinese food and bad pizza? Yum. Or we could go the the beach down the street! In the winter! Good times.

I'll hang out with any one, I play well with others

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    Such an awesome idea! I'm also in MA, but near Boston. I work down in Plymouth. I have 2 semi-retired horse in Groton, including a guest friendly horse. I feel like most of my friends from growing up and college are all doing their own things and moving, marrying, and babying.

I'm in my late 20s (I can't believe I just typed that!!!) and my friends are all various ages. I'd love to make more horsey friends that like to do other stuff besides ponies.
    I'm your horses' neighbor, as I'm in the town next door to Groton! I'm old, 50 , but have some younger and older friends.

I'm in the Florida Pan Handle. I regularly go through to Louisiana, the east coast of Florida, Mississippi and Alabama. I would not at all be opposed to stopping by to see someone or having a meet up here locally! I can also be found on facebook as Kimberly Ann Michelle Braud
    Love making connections, the world would stop without them (:

In January I'll be moving to central TN, about halfway between Nashville & Knoxville. I'm mid 20s but would be willing to meet up with any demographic.

I'm also well-versed in internet dating, so I'm used to making chitchat with strangers
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    If any COTHers are ever in NYC, I'm always up for being a tour guide/giving general city advice!
    My parents live in the northern corner of Westchester; when I'm back visiting them, I sometimes go into the city

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    Aw, I wanna hang out too! Boston here

Any eastern Mass peeps want to see the Hobbit???? Or the Book of Mormon?

Or come hang in my 'hood and eat really bad Chinese food and bad pizza? Yum. Or we could go the the beach down the street! In the winter! Good times.

I'll hang out with any one, I play well with others
    Yeah Boston!! I didn't realize there were so many Massholes here on COTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    I'm your horses' neighbor, as I'm in the town next door to Groton! I'm old, 50 , but have some younger and older friends.
    Yay, Canaqua! I've ridden and hung out with people much older than you, I play well with people of all ages!

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    Up by the "Dunes"!

Just had my family over for dinner. All, including son & girlfriend have now left. I was just thinking, "Now would be a good time to have others over..." Lots of leftovers which I can't eat on my own, but probably wouldn't last until I met up with someone. Let alone I'm in the sticks between Albany and Utica.

But, my niece lives in Groton MA! LOL

And, I keep thinking about taking a day to get back to see NYC. Dog logistics first, but it's been a long time, and winter is a great time to do it. A lot going on in the Big Apple!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Up by the "Dunes"!
    i was just up there on a scouting mission!
    dh and i willl be looking to buy up there in the spring. how are the trails? we ride on the dunes beach a couple of times a year,i'm itcvhing to find other places to ride though!
    we're going to be looking in west milton and points north for a few acres and lake proximity, and trail access for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    Just had my family over for dinner. All, including son & girlfriend have now left. I was just thinking, "Now would be a good time to have others over..." Lots of leftovers which I can't eat on my own, but probably wouldn't last until I met up with someone. Let alone I'm in the sticks between Albany and Utica.

But, my niece lives in Groton
    MA! LOL

And, I keep thinking about taking a day to get back to see NYC. Dog logistics first, but it's been a long time, and winter is a great time to do it. A lot going on in the Big Apple!
    i'd like to meet you peg, let me know when you're ready to head to nyc, perhaps we could amtrak it together!

I could use a friend- but none of you live near me! my life is full of ups and downs, but lately it seems like more "downs". I keep telling myself it COULD be so much worse, but sometimes it isn't enough, this is a great idea!

I'm in northern Illinois, BTW!