The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I used to shop JCP fairly often when I lived near one.. fast forward a few years, now near one again so I went to holiday shop.. what a disappointment, the clothes are horrid colours ,I mean how many neon yellow items would you buy?? the materils are thin and flimsy. I walked around thinking the entire wardrobe dept ough to be on clearance and then given off to Goodwill for the holiday..
    what the heck demographic are they hoping to sell to? I say fire whoever fuctions as the buyer and get someone with a little common sense.
    JCP Pleeze, if the designers show you cordoury or bell bottoms for next year, .. RUN AWAY
    I can explain it TO you,but I can't understand it FOR you

I had similar thoughts the other night when I went in looking for a skirt. Blech. On the other hand, our Sears has some nice clothes and reasonable prices.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

I dropped in JCP last week looking for a new wallet and it looked very, very empty. I swear there were 2 tiny end shelves for wallets. There were probably 10 wallets to choose from. Very disappointed.

They were sinking under their old plan... I can't blame them for wanting to try something new. But retail is a tough business... this might be their death knell.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I haven't been in one in years, but I saw a commercial last night advertising cheap cable-knit sweaters for $15-20... Thought they might be good cheap layers for winter riding. Anyone have an opinion on their basics?

Maybe JCP, Sears and the other dinosaurs should go back to being primarily mail order and dump(or majorly cut back) the huge brick and mortar stores.

If they were nice places to go amazon.com wouldn't be cleaning their clock now would they?
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

JCP was the only place this summer where I could find decent towels that weren't the "super-soft" kind or whatever they are these days. I don't like the huge ones that leave lint everywhere and don't even absorb. JCP had normal-pile towels that have washed out nice and fluffy, and get you dry instead of moving the water around.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

I guess I must be lucky - we have several JCPs in close proximity, and I buy the majority of my wardrobe from them. Gotten a lot of nice things for hubby and the house, too. Just replaced my king comforter with a gorgeous one from JCP, that looks high end and wasn't expensive.
    Got a very cute black pinstripe pant suit for interviews for $60 for both pieces, and they fit well. Is it high quality/high fashion? No. Will it (and the other pieces I've purchased from them) make into a nice work wardrobe with lots of interchangeable options? Absolutely.

Now all I need is a job. <sigh>
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/