The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    If you want to see pics of A&M doing the human barrier, see here...it's good for the heart to see all the pics, but you can find just that one too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/momen...umanity-this-y
    Thank you for sharing, that was wonderful
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

1 members found this post helpful.

With the outrage over this tragedy, there is no way they will get within sight or hearing of victims' families.I know there are local groups, including at least two motorcycle groups that would provide a barrier. If they managed to start to picket, they would be in grave danger from the public and I doubt the police who had to respond to this horrific event would be too quick to rescue them.
    Tho I kind of wonder if in addition to pervese attention they are not also trolling for a lawsuit.

2 members found this post helpful.

I've often wondered why some real church doesn't sue the bejezzus out of them for calling themselves a church. Just keep them broke and tied up in court.

They visited my city for a military funeral a couple of years ago, and were met with much resistance from the locals. They left pretty quickly.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Deleted double post.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Quote Originally Posted by lilitiger2 View Post
    There is just no depth to which they will not stoop. BABIES??? How does anyone support these folks? What exactly is their spiritual basis? I also read that Texas (?) or somewhere the students locked arms and would not let them close. disgusting.
    when you read what that cult is about you would not be surprised one bit!
    children don't mean anything to this lunatic, dead or alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I've read they make a living off of suing people who "interfere" with their assemblies.. they want to get an over-the-top reaction so they have a basis to sue.

They were going to picket a couple of high schools in my town (blaming the godless schools for a spate of suicides) and after being vastly outnumbered by ridiculing signs at the first school, they never showed up at the second.

It's not a church. It's one nasty, abusive, vile old man who has kept his family brainwashed his entire sorry existence. The "church" is made up of his family. The goal is to show his children and grandchildren how much the rest of the world hates them so he can retain control over them. If anyone gets violent with them, they sue which is how they stay in business. Most of the adult children are lawyers.
    They disgust me, yet I feel sorry for them at the same time. Such hate.
    Usually, they are full of hot air, and don't actually show up. I suspect they think there might be an opportunity to make some lawsuit money so I bet they'll be protesting. The best thing to do is block them. Don't yell back, just block. The less attention they get, the better.
    I wish they didn't exist either.
    You are what you dare.

2 members found this post helpful.

Those bastards should be labeled as a terrorist group and delt with as such.

BuddyRoo, let me know if you choose to drive up. I will happily join you, and provide you a place to stay and a pony to decompress with!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

3 members found this post helpful.

I can't come to help...and I'm sure there will be many who stand in Westboro's way if they do show up, but for those of you who can do more than me here's an idea. Some of you may remember the scene from the funeral in the Mathew Shepard docudrama on HBO where angry idiots were picketing in the background. Mathew's friends and other concerned folks made simple frameworks from lathes that they wore on their backs. They stuck up quite far above their heads and were draped with white fabric attached to the wearer's wrists. When they stood side by side and spread out their arms, angel wings blocked the hate behind them. I don't know if that was actually historically true but what a great, appropriate way to block out the idiots!

Courtesy of The Stranger: http://slog.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/

The only fitting response to this predictable bit of assholery from Westboro Baptist is a story in The Onion about the nation's collective response to a mass shooting during a Westboro Baptist protest—a shooting whose only victims are adult members of Westboro Baptist church: "President pauses to collect himself after dissolving into giggles at podium in White House Briefing Room, orders nation's flagpoles extended so that flags may be raised to one-and-half-staff..."
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

6 members found this post helpful.

Broo. Lemme know if you go, I'd be close to your driving path, probably.Id go.

Well, I'd bet the Patriot Guard Riders (who basically started to drown out protesters at military funerals) would be more than happy to turn up.

But really, they'll stop when people ignore them. They pull this sh!t because they get news coverage and they make people angry. When the news crews don't film them, don't speak to them, when people refrain from getting angry and just completely disregard them and their irrelevant (not to mention theologically unsound) opinions, eventually they will stop. They want a reaction. When they stop getting it, they'll eventually give up.

Needn't fear, we here in CT will do whatever it takes to protect the families from those wackjobs.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

4 members found this post helpful.

Just ignore them. I know that is hard to do... but trust me, it does not help to argue with them or tell them they are wrong for what they're doing. They have picketed my church many, many times and other random parts of town... they just live for the attention that they get, even if it is negative.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Those bastards showed up at my cousins funeral when his service to our country was being honored in Centerville, Tx. From what I gather, they are not allowed near the funeral 3 hours prior or 3 hours after the service. The Patriot Riders were there as well. God Bless them for protecting the families of our fallen soldiers. My cousin was Wade Wilson. Killed protecting his fellow soldiers.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

10 members found this post helpful.

I'm sure if you look at the Patriot Guard Riders website that they are doing an emergency call out. And I'm sure the Governor and State Police are planning if these horrible people actually show up.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

With this thread, they got exactly what they want: attention. They sue for violation of their right to free speech. They do have that right, one cannot pick and choose what speech is appropriate with our 1st amendment. I'm glad, frankly. However, the way to stop this group is to not allow them the media access and outrage on the web that they so desire. Cut them out of the media limelight, turn your back to them, give them no importance. So very difficult, so very necessary.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

According to news reports, Anonymous, the hacker group, has hacked their website, and posted all personal information on members to include address, and all phone numbers. Hopefully, they posted socials too, so they can have the pleasure of identity theft too. A hideous twitter feed about the shootings wasn't able to be shut down quickly by Twitter, but a hacker took them out too.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Maybe the Yankee's will show up for batting practice.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Spread it around it you didn't catch it on the other thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CYUSt7RP6o

Anonymous hacked into their website and is giving out the emails and addresses of these people. They want free speech, They should get it.
    Here are the WBC members:

http://www.anonpaste.me/anonpaste2/i...bIfZBqWpaGcMI=