The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need help with a horse blog

I want to start a blog and chronicle my life with my horses. I've written some things and everyone including my instructor says I absolutely must keep doing this. So where do I go to create a blog and I would like to have it open to only certain people.

Can I go on line and use a free blog help site and is it secure, how do I know? I'm a moron when it comes to this.

You can PM me if you want
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

It's easy and there are many out there. I use Blogger and there are many levels at which you can be involved. Over the years I have customized mine a lot as I learned more, but I started with just their simple template and worked from there (started in 2009). It really couldn't be simpler and you don't have to worry about a host, etc. I did eventually buy a custom domain name, but Blogger allows me to feed my content directly to that address but they still host it, so I didn't have to do anything extra.

Mine is at http://www.teamflyingsolo.com . You are welcome to PM or email me from the site with questions.

ETA -- yes you can restrict access.

I just started a Facebook page for my new horse. If you'd like to see how I'm doing it, the link is here. I'm trying to post one short video per day to show our progress. It's super easy – if you have a teenager in the house to assist you. :-)
    Last edited by Cindyg; Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

I started a blog for my mare a couple weeks ago using google's Blogger site. SUPER easy to use. It took me like 15 minutes to get it all set up and get the first post live, and probably about 10 minutes each time I've done a subsequent post.

I'm having such a blast with it!!!

Thanks you guys! I'm going to try and start something today. I'm writing from the view point of an old lady that started eventing at 56 on a crazy Thoroughbred. . .
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I much prefer Wordpress over Blogger. I've hosted EquineInk at Wordpress now for several years and I think it's a very strong platform, easy to use, and has more design options than Blogger. However, they both work well.
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

1 members found this post helpful.

You can see both Blogger (horse) and Wordpress (personal/professional) blogs in my signature line. I like Wordpress better, I just find it looks a bit more professional and put-together. Blogger has some new, fancier-looking templates but they kept crashing my computer and it got annoying.