The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dear Farrier...

Thank you for being so wonderful. I really appreciate the extra time you spend talking to me about what my horse is currently doing work-wise, and what our goals are for the next several weeks, and where we hoped to be in six months, so that my horse has the shoe job he needs to do his job well. I also love how you take the time to show me what you're seeing with the hoof, what's changed from last time, and what little tweaks you're making so that we have a better hoof in 4 weeks. I have learned more over the year you have been my farrier about how the hoof angles/condition/shoe job enhances my horse's quality of life and ability to do their job than I thought possible. I learned a lot yesterday when you were discussing the changes we would be making gradually to help my horse move more like a hunter than a dressage horse, and how to make that change while still keeping all the structures in the leg healthy. I also appreciated that you took the time to explain to me things you needed to know about when making shoeing decisions for my horse, and what changes in workload were most important for you to know about.

Thank you for keeping my horse happy and comfortable, and helping me gain the knowledge to ask more educated questions about my horse's hooves.

16 members found this post helpful.

Must be one of Burten or Bloomers

Burten and Bloomer are wonderful, and I've learned a lot from them as well. This farrier isn't of them, though

1 members found this post helpful.

I think there are thousands of farriers that fit that description.

And there are tens of thousands who don't.

6 members found this post helpful.

Mine is one of the good ones too, though not Bloomer or Burten. He refused to take my money yesterday because he had to reschedule and my boy was two weeks late. That frustrates me, but it's sweet nonetheless
    Quarry Rat

1 members found this post helpful.