The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any good jumper trainers working out of the Homewood equestrian community near WEF?

I may have an opportunity to take a adult jumper to Florida with me. I am sharing a house in Homeland. I was wondering if there are any good jumper trainers based out of there? It would be great if riding around my crazy work schedule was made simpler by having a trainer close by.

As a side note. I do not currently have "a" trainer. Because of my job and recent move I ride with various trainers. All of the trainers are aware of this so no worries about stepping on anyone's toes
    Last edited by LTLFLDF; Dec. 15, 2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Wrong name

Homeland?

I don't know of any A trainers that do jumpers in Homeland, but you're right down the road from a mecca of BNTs that will be here for the season. You could hack out and ride to plenty of barns for training

Isn't Todd Minikus in Homeland?

Yes Homeland. Since I not to familiar with the area it's nice to know its with in hacking distance of some options.

Yes. Any thoughts in him? I have seen him but someone's personal experience would be great to hear.

Suggest calling Cynthia Hankins. When I spoke with her less than a month ago she was freelancing and was looking for some students. She lives close by and my guess would come to your farm.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by LTLFLDF View Post
    Yes. Any thoughts in him? I have seen him but someone's personal experience would be great to hear.
    Have not trained with him but did audit a clinic and was quite impressed with his approach

I know someone who groomed for Todd for a few weeks this summer when he needed an extra hand. She spoke highly of the way he treated his clients and horses.

Quote Originally Posted by juststartingout View Post
    Isn't Todd Minikus in Homeland?
    I used to lesson with Todd, and he was in Loxahatchee..Fox Trail..that was a few years ago, so that might have changed. Although his website still has a Fox Trail address.

He is excellent, once I have another talented horse I will certainly try to ride with him again. He is also a wonderful and encouraging coach at horse shows.