The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. #1

    Default Favorite Christmas Movie?

    I'm watching White Christmas right now. It's always been one of my favorites. I always cry when the General walks in and they all stand at attention.

    What about A Christmas Carol - which version is your favorite? I prefer the Lionel Barrymore version.

    It might be unAmerican, but I can't stand any of the Peanuts movies.

    Still love Rudolph - Bumbles Bounce!
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep. 20, 2005
    Location
    You must never go there, Simba.
    Posts
    3,460

    Default

    A Christmas Story. I will literally watch it on repeat.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul. 4, 2008
    Location
    The Great Northwest!
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Muppet Christmas Carol with Rizzo the rat!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr. 14, 2001
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    16,262

    Default

    White Christmas! We watch it every year. Actually saw the musical this year, which was a lot of fun.

    Holiday Inn is also great.

    Oh! And ELF. Love Elf.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun. 24, 2005
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Childhood favorites: Yogi Bear's First Christmas, Small One, and Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas

    Adulthood favorites: Love Actually, Muppet's Christmas Carol. And I still love my childhood favorites, too.

    I think I could do with watching Love Actually tonight, come to think of it.

    eta: almost forgot...Home Alone!!
    Last edited by suzier444; Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: because forgetting home alone is unacceptable


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun. 22, 2004
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post
    A Christmas Story. I will literally watch it on repeat.
    OMG, my nephew loves that movie so much, he got the leg lamp. He deployed in September and told his wife she still had to put that hideous thing out for Christmas. Their 5 month old son is fascinated by it. Like father, like son. LOL
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep. 20, 2005
    Location
    You must never go there, Simba.
    Posts
    3,460

    Default

    That is AMAZING
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,011

    Default

    three wishes for Cinderella, a Czech movie from 1973

    For some reason the atmosphere is very different from US movies....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2005
    Location
    between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Not a movie but I lovelovelove The Nutcracker Ballet.

    Favourite Christmas movie is The Holiday.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun. 22, 2004
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Suzier - I love Love Actually, but for some reason I don't put it under the category of Christmas movie - I guess because I like it so much, I'll watch it any time!
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov. 6, 2005
    Location
    Canada/Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Christmas vacation. Love every year , I must watch it at least once.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct. 20, 2005
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Home Alone. Elf a pretty close 2nd.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,937

    Default

    I just finished watching White Christmas. I was trying to avoid the news. Love Danny Kaye, it is not Christmas until I watch White Christmas.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14

    Default

    I'm not a christmassy person, but, I LOVE Christmas in Connecticut. Barbara Stanwyk and Dennis Morgan star in it - and it is soo funny.
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct. 15, 2011
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Home Alone by far is my favorite. I've already seen it about six times this holiday season. I'll pop in my dvd every once in awhile throughout the year even. Close seconds are Home Alone 2, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar. 28, 2002
    Location
    East of Dog River
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    I have two: The Sound of Music and Love Actually. The second is odd because I normally cannot stand chick flicks, but I made an exception because of Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy and Rowan Atkinson.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

    Member: Incredible Invisbles


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar. 14, 2004
    Location
    Left coast, left wing, left field
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    I LOVE The Christmas Carol musical version with Albert Finney. I think it's called Scrooge. "Thank you very much! Thank you very much! That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me!" OK great I'll be singing that for days! Time to find my DVD and watch it again.

    And of course the Grinch. Who doesn't love the Grinch?

    Maybe I'll start a spin-off for Christmas song if someone hasn't done so already...
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

    Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2004
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    White Christmas, Christmas Story, Christmas in CT, Holiday Inn and of course It's a Wonderful Life! An Affair to Remember only because it ends during the Christmas season. Oh yes, The Bishop's Wife, wonderful movie with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven amongst others. Re-done in the 1990's with Whitney Houston, Denzel and another well know actor whose name escapes me now.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    The Santa Clause! The first one, Just love it!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2000
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,446

    Default

    Christmas Carol, 1951 version with Alistair Sim, for me is the perfect, flawless and definitive version, and guaranteed to have me a mass of tears.

    I also love It's a Wonderful Life. Christmas isn't Christmas for us here without both of them.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!



Similar Threads

  1. Favorite comedies [movie version]
    By Larksmom in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Nov. 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec. 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
  3. What is your least-favorite movie ?
    By Guin in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: Jan. 2, 2011, 06:58 PM
  4. Favorite Scary Movie?
    By appaloosalady in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Nov. 1, 2010, 08:02 PM
  5. favorite galloping scene in a movie?
    By Larksmom in forum Off Course
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: Oct. 4, 2008, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •