The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One word. Equissentials. Best ever breeches, and you can get custom for same price.
    Personally, my YR's come in with these "low riders" and all I see them doing is pull pull pull them up. Worst idea ever. Personally, if a skinny kid looks like crap in low riders why would anyone wear this garbage? Guess I"m not a fashionista, I like to be comfortable. That doesn't mean pulling up my jeans every two seconds or showing my crack when I'm bending down.

1 members found this post helpful.

Tropical Riders also offers breeches that sit at the waist, and they fit well for the long waisted. Deerskin seats, & both pull on and traditional styles. I spend the winter in their Toasties fleece lined breeches.

Quote Originally Posted by svvdressage View Post
    This is so me! Low rise breeches usually come up to my bra!
    low rise? you need a better bra then.... there is one redeeming quality for lowrise though.... you don't have to have the wasp waist going to button them up...I swear! I have always been on the thinner side...there have been a couple of times when the pants fit well enough but with the waist band buttoned, I about strangled myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by equusaround View Post
    I've never heard of the Grimleys...
    Ed Grimley:
    http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL171.../405025210.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

1 members found this post helpful.

I've found the "shapely" figure cuts are longer crotched and offer more room for the caboose.

The ones I have are the On Course Shapely Full Seat Breeches in long.

Oh waaaah, there's plenty of longer waisted and crotched breeks out there. But as with anything, unless you have the picture-perfect body of a 14 year old, you're going to have to fork over some $$$ to get the ones that really fit well. Maybe look for some that are less stretchy material... seems that with the 4-way stretch, breeches are cut to be much more fitted than the more structured stuff you used to see. As a short-torsoed lady, I'm thrilled that there are now options for LOTS of different body types out there

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    I've found the "shapely" figure cuts are longer crotched and offer more room for the caboose.

The ones I have are the On Course Shapely Full Seat Breeches in long.
    I would agree with these breeches; only issue I have is the lack of color selection, it's white, black or tan. I love how these breeches fit but I would love some other colors!!!!!!!!! On a good note, they are reasonably priced and occassionally can be found on sale for a really good price.

Georgia - It was a joke. Ed Grimley. SNL. C'mon, you're ALMOST as old as I am. Surely you remember that character!~ LOL

On the topic in general, I HATE the lowrise breeches. It's not even that easy to find the REGULAR waist ones, let alone high waist and long crotch. I can just imagine the combination of the low rise breeches and that ridiculous short "cutaway" dressage coat that Dressage Extensions had (has?). I guess you wear that one with the top hat and messy hair also pictured in Dressage Extensions. LOL

2 members found this post helpful.

I get the high waisted Pikeurs for my winter breeches...I like to be able to tuck my long john top in to them. I am long waisted and long legged and find them to be very comfortable. I do have to order them from Amira though, no one really carries them in the states. The good news is they are cheaper from there! I have a pair of cord ones from last year and two winter pair from this years selections.
    I wear the medium waist Pikeurs in the warmer weather.
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

I might pay Pikeur prices for show breeches, but I can't afford that for every day ones, not even to get the high waist.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    I would agree with these breeches; only issue I have is the lack of color selection, it's white, black or tan. I love how these breeches fit but I would love some other colors!!!!!!!!! On a good note, they are reasonably priced and occassionally can be found on sale for a really good price.
    I know... I have the tan and black. Would LOVE options because they really are nice breeches.

OK Sandy, you got me, I must have been working or studying in law school and completely missed that. I still want breeches that fit like my Golden Dress - high waist, room in the butt and thighs and beautiful fabrics, real leather (or not) and colors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy M View Post
    Georgia - It was a joke. Ed Grimley. SNL. C'mon, you're ALMOST as old as I am. Surely you remember that character!~ LOL

On the topic in general, I HATE the lowrise breeches. It's not even that easy to find the REGULAR waist ones, let alone high waist and long crotch. I can just imagine the combination of the low rise breeches and that ridiculous short "cutaway" dressage coat that Dressage Extensions had (has?). I guess you wear that one with the top hat and messy hair also pictured in Dressage Extensions. LOL
    Georgia Langsam
    Team Gauguin, LLC - www.teamgauguin.com
    Standing Gauguin du Cheval 9054, Prestige II TG, Gauguin's Impression, Gauguin's Brush and Weltfrieden TG

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Not quite enough shape for me to wear Shapleys.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

You should try On Course breeches. When I'm sitting in my saddle, I can pull those up over my ta-tas.

Dressage Extensions has some Cavallo high rise breeches in their close out section of the catalog.

I actually own a pair of Aqua-something that are old style, but the fabrics was that unhappy combination of both bulky and transparent.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

I'm so glad this topic came up - I am getting quite irritible trying to find regular rise breeches. Sure, you can find Equisentials and Pikeurs but they are pricey. The selection of regular rise breeches has been shrinking ALARMINGLY. Those of us not built like sticks, with curves - need to do some screaming at the manufacturers.
    I am long waisted - not overweight at all - measurements 36-26-36. Low rise breeches will get me arrested for indecent exposure and mid-rise breeches are not a lot better. Those of us with fit curvy figures are going to need to holler long and loud at the manufacturers if we don't want to get left out in the cold.