The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awesome news! Anyone know the connections for Proper English?

Realrush... I have been asking around about transport and have some leads if EqT's transport does not work out.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky01 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Sky Cup's trainers wife and she was horrified to find this out. She is making the necessary calls right now.
    Thank you for letting them know. I'm sure that many trainers/owners are horrified to learn than their horses ended up at auction and appreciate the chance to help their horses get a soft landing.
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

The truck is ready to go RIGHT NOW. Please call Hillary at 616-835-5590 ASAP. They are having a hard time getting this load together and am sure they will do whatever to make it work!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

1 members found this post helpful.

Proper English's breeder has paid her bail, now she just needs a home. Anyone up for it? Looks like a very sweet girl from the video.

I don't see Proper English anywhere on the site. Is there a link?
    "The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions." --Dostoevsky

First page, they moved her listing.

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm

Proper English is cute! It looks as though her breeder is sponsoring her, but she's still up for adoption.

Here's here pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/proper+english
    "The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions." --Dostoevsky

Go spooky and EQ! I'm in NC and so wish I was in a position to offer her a soft place to land and could load her on that trailer. Jingling for realrush to be able to take her. She looks to be quite tolerant on the video they posted. Someone needs a sweet chestnut mare for Christmas and she certainly needs a someone!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Any updates on Sky Cup? I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork to get her out. Just didn't know if something is in the works also.
    DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky01 View Post
    Any updates on Sky Cup? I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork to get her out. Just didn't know if something is in the works also.
    Kudos. And fingers crossed for great new homes for Sky Cup and Proper English. Thanks for being there for Sky Cup.

I just got an email from AC4H, and Sky Cup has a home, Proper English still needs one. Just wanted to send huge Kudo's to Sky Cups previous connections. The trainer immediately called the owner (they are in FL and would have driven to go get her if it wasn't impossible) Owner called me and I told him I would do the leg work, being the great man he is, his words to me were "Do whatever you need to do to get her out of there" He was willing to ship her to a farm in Mass where he boards some of his racehorse, no questions asked. They deserve extra Christmas tidings for their willingness to take care of their horses when its time for them to move onto a second career!
    DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

11 members found this post helpful.

That is so wonderful, spooky, so wonderful when these horses have a true safety net. Kudos to them for being so responsible

That is great! So, what needs to be done now?
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Hey guys, sorry, been away from the computer all day. Well, last night I lined up a shipper that could've picked her up a day or 2 after Christmas. But since EQ was able to get in touch with her previous trainer and work out something, I'll cancel. Thanks EQ and spooky for working so hard to make this happen. If anything falls through, I'm still good for a home for her. God bless everyone!
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

^ it wasnt me LOL I am just able to provide shipping info.
    What about the other horse?
    ---

Sorry, it was spooky who contacted trainer... (I was trying to type too fast and wasn't paying attention.) Major kudos, spooky!

I don't think I could take Proper English, unfortunately. I was hoping for a pleasure riding horse, and as tall as I am, I have to have something at least 16h.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

I think I found someone via the OTTB FB group. I will keep everyone posted!

Default Sky Cup

I haven't heard back from AC4H about Sky Cup regarding the details. I just want to make sure that there isn't any confusion on our part. We did not pay for her and from RealRush's posts neither did she. So someone else bought her? That's great, just want to make sure she is safe and has a home. I'm on my way out to our barn party, so if there is still an isssue I can be reached at the number I left in a previous post
    DAILY THOUGHT:

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    I think I found someone via the OTTB FB group. I will keep everyone posted!
    Great! If they need shipping PLEASE have them contact Hillary immediately so they can reroute as necessary. It has been hell arranging shipping so close to Xmas and they might have a hard time finding a ride
    ---

Unfortunately she is in Massachusetts so opposite direction.