The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It looks like Dynaquake has been purchased, awesome. Hopefully to a good home. But Sky Cup still needs someone.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I'm sure they've been told.

Please keep in mind that trainers can be scammed by "buyers" just like private sellers. At the end of a meet, when horses can be picked up as "freebies", it takes a skeptical person to resist the "buyer" who comes in looking for a horse for their wife/daughter/etc.

I've certainly seen it happen with private sales .

If you can get a horse for free, anything you get for it at the auctions is profit.
    I agree entirely and thoroughly expect the trainers would be horrified if they knew where these two have landed.

Dynaquake was purchased by a friend of mine - he is going to go to a GREAT home.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by realrush89 View Post
    Has anyone dealt with this program before? How difficult is it to get arrangements made?
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...highlight=AC4H
    Sheilah

Starhouse, that's awesome! I wish the same outcome for Sky Cup.....

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Idaho Rider, that is not helping this horse find a home, is it.

I'm assuming he is at AC4H but it would be helpful to post an actual link to his page or where he is located. Might have better luck finding him a good home.
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    I'm assuming he is at AC4H but it would be helpful to post an actual link to his page or where he is located. Might have better luck finding him a good home.
    It's in the very first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Daatje View Post
    Thought I recognized her name. Just a heads up, incase anyone followed her. She's on the broker lot and in need of a good home! (would if I could, but I can't)

Page 2, number 12-11-40

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    It's in the very first post.
    Ah, didn't see there was a link in the word "broker lot", the blue doesn't stand out much.
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

Realrush - I will kick in $100 towards transport if you will take Sky Cup home, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Daatje View Post
    Idaho Rider, that is not helping this horse find a home, is it.
    Neither is going off half cocked and high on emotion to throw money at a broker that has questionable ethics.

It is my understanding that none of the horses in the broker lot are in any danger of shipping to slaughter. Where is this horse going to go once money has been gathered to "bail it" out? Is anyone positive that the home that ends up with this horse is any better than the lot it is currently sitting on?

Think before you act. Out of the frying pan and into the fire is often a very real fate for animals like this.
    Sheilah

8 members found this post helpful.

Thanks, Bathsheba. Let me make some calls and also try some of the shippers they have listed on the website to see what mojo I can work.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by GotGait View Post
    I'm hoping my group will be able to save the Paso mare.
    She just broke my heart, but if I *were* going to mess with AC4H, I wouldn't do it from California. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

2 members found this post helpful.

I just got off the phone with Sky Cup's trainers wife and she was horrified to find this out. She is making the necessary calls right now.
    DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

22 members found this post helpful.

Spooky, I wish there were a LOVE button/finger. Thank you for making the time and taking the effort to get in touch with them. Will you please keep us updated if you have news?

I have a truck coming from Ohio down to NC THIS WEEKEND. It could keep going

As far as AC4H goes... It is not the horses fault she ended up there and she shouldnt be punished by being left there because she is. AC4H does a tremendous amount of good by accident, as you can see...

I will contribute a dribble also. Lets make something happen. This board used to do SO MUCH GOOD and lately.. Well, lets just say it seems like the focus has become how to justify doing nothing at all. Can we give this horse a merry xmas? Anyone remember how SHITTY we all felt after Dewanna shipped to PR because we sat on our collective rears and hoped someone else would do something?
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

3 members found this post helpful.

I will. The Trainer/wife and owner are truly wonderful horsemen who care very much for their horses and will somehow make this wrong right.
    DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

3 members found this post helpful.

Default realrush!!!!

will you give me a call. owner and trainer are willing to do whatever to get her out of there. If you willing to give her a good home, funds are available to help, otherwise I am going to make the calls to get her out of there asap for them
    DAILY THOUGHT:

4 members found this post helpful.

my number would probally be helpful 617-851-3011
    DAILY THOUGHT:

I am DO let us know if we can help.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.