The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face Tis time for: The Best of The BB - 2012 Version

As we've done each December, let's sum up and enjoy the memories, especially the funny ones!!

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level.

3. Thread that just would NOT die but you really wished it would!

4. Thread that you wish had never died.

5. Most Eye-Catching thread title.

6. Topic that has given you recurring nightmares.

7. Best “Off Topic Day” Thread.

8. Best COTH username.

9. Most annoying COTH username.

10. Most inspirational poster.

11. Troll of the Year.

12. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading.

13. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life.

14. Poster who you most want to meet in person but haven't yet.

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood.

17. Most Valuable Friend(s) that you have gained as a result of this BB.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year.

19. Thing(s) you would change most about the BB.

20. What you like best about the BB?

21. Has anyone/thing/topic changed the way you live?

22. In general - how was 2012 for you?
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

haven't had time to weigh in but bumping!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I don't usually answer this, but BuddyRoo, you're one of the people I would put down for #14

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year. Some People are not what they seem to be...it turned into one of the most amusing threads in a long time.... 2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level. not sure, I'll get back to you.... 3. Thread that just would NOT die but you really wished it would! pretty much all of them dies quiet quickly, really not everlasting one this year....but in general, the ones with more imagination and implication than actual facts 4. Thread that you wish had never died. see No 1... we just got warmed up good! 5. Most Eye-Catching thread title. nothing really, not many hanging balls... 6. Topic that has given you recurring nightmares. not so much the thread titles, but the frequent occurrence of insane violence we witnessed this year. 7. Best “Off Topic Day” Thread. 8. Best COTH username. 9. Most annoying COTH username. 10. Most inspirational poster. 11. Troll of the Year. 12. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading. Superminion is one of them. BuddyRoo another. Bluey and JSwan always have something good to say and I have grown fond of DaydreamBeliever 13. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life. see above. 14. Poster who you most want to meet in person but haven't yet. Same 15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for. No train jumping.... 16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood. 17. Most Valuable Friend(s) that you have gained as a result of this BB. 18. Most memorable event from the BB this year. 19. Thing(s) you would change most about the BB. putting names to the Red Thumb Brigade...just for giggles! 20. What you like best about the BB? 21. Has anyone/thing/topic changed the way you live? 22. In general - how was 2012 for you? it was rough, to say the least. There have been a lot of deaths around me, some with more impact, some with less, but the sum of them was staggering! On the other hand, we have accomplished a lot, too this year, in terms of personal growth. Some things might have to take a little while longer to ripen, but in all, the framework is there, i think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Where is the thread that goes "NM, deleted" closed by MOD 3? Fun was had by all! Giggles and snorts, keyboards replaced. Lions & tigers & bears Oh my!

2 members found this post helpful.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level. Still running "Tenn walking horse soring issue".

3. Thread that just would NOT die but you really wished it would! Same. I wish it wasn't still a problem.

4. Thread that you wish had never died. French school workshop

5. Most Eye-Catching thread title. "Stiffen" Peters

6. Topic that has given you recurring nightmares. Any of the abuse videos. Can't watch 'em.

7. Best “Off Topic Day” Thread. The 2012 election.

8. Best COTH username. "Goeslikestink"

9. Most annoying COTH username. Can't think of any usernames that bug me, just the posters behind them.

10. Most inspirational poster. Velvet

11. Troll of the Year. The "movie and TV"posters

12. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading. Ideayoda, aarpaso, merrygoround, Eqtrainer, Mike Matson belgianWBluver, Oh, so many others

13. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life. Aunt Esther

14. Poster who you most want to meet in person but haven't yet. Ideayoda

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for. Sorry, I have a life.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood. Mike Matson

17. Most Valuable Friend(s) that you have gained as a result of this BB. haven't that I know of.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year. A great poster sent me some old tack for my crafts. Thanks Patty.

19. Thing(s) you would change most about the BB. Get rid of the thumbs and make the scroll to different forums back the way it was.

20. What you like best about the BB? The knowledge

21. Has anyone/thing/topic changed the way you live? Can't think of any.

22. In general - how was 2012 for you? Great!

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year. : I'm not sure it was from this year, but the TaTonga thread, with the poster who made up the story with the scammers. I was hysterical for DAYS over it.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level: Again, not sure if it was from this year, but the thread where COTHers pulled together to save Always Funny. I sob!

3. Thread that just would NOT die but you really wished it would!: None, really.

4. Thread that you wish had never died: See #1.

5. Most Eye-Catching thread title.: "Stiffin" Peters.

6. Topic that has given you recurring nightmares: The soaring issue.

7. Best “Off Topic Day” Thread: Hands down the Canoeing thread.

8. Best COTH username: Nasalberry

9. Most annoying COTH username: Not sure.

10. Most inspirational poster: Wellspotted.

11. Troll of the Year: Not sure.

12. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading: Alagirl, BuddyRoo, Bluey, The Crone, LexinKY, and so, so many more.

13. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life: See above

14. Poster who you most want to meet in person but haven't yet: That's hard... BuddyRoo, possibly, or Alagirl, or Propspony, or Lex...well... because he's Lex and there is always great speculation of his looks!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for: I don't typically jump in front of trains!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood: The Crone

17. Most Valuable Friend(s) that you have gained as a result of this BB:Not sure, I value most everybody!

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year: Not sure.

19. Thing(s) you would change most about the BB: Not much.

20. What you like best about the BB?: Everybody is very honest. Sometimes overly so.

21. Has anyone/thing/topic changed the way you live?: Not really, I have gotten some great ideas though!

22. In general - how was 2012 for you? Great! Here's to an equal 2013!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

10. Most inspirational poster: Mike Matson. What a body of incredible images and videos. I search them out!!!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level.

CL ad - Old Chestnut Mare

3 members found this post helpful.

7) Best off topic day thread: The canoeing thread!

3 members found this post helpful.

17. Most valuable friend: jn4jenny. In addition to finding me an instructor, she has constructively advised me on my riding, found me a saddle, made me laugh almost daily, kept me company on trail rides, and driven across town with me to clean rescue horses' stalls. She's changed my life by helping me return to riding. I think I'll adopt her

Is there a link to the Always Funny thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year. : I'm not sure it was from this year, but the TaTonga thread, with the poster who made up the story with the scammers. I was hysterical for DAYS over it.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most on a personal or equine level: Again, not sure if it was from this year, but the thread where COTHers pulled together to save Always Funny. I sob!

3. Thread that just would NOT die but you really wished it would!: None, really.

4. Thread that you wish had never died: See #1.

5. Most Eye-Catching thread title.: "Stiffin" Peters.

6. Topic that has given you recurring nightmares: The soaring issue.

7. Best “Off Topic Day” Thread: Hands down the Canoeing thread.

8. Best COTH username: Nasalberry

9. Most annoying COTH username: Not sure.

10. Most inspirational poster: Wellspotted.

11. Troll of the Year: Not sure.

12. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading: Alagirl, BuddyRoo, Bluey, The Crone, LexinKY, and so, so many more.

13. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life: See above

14. Poster who you most want to meet in person but haven't yet: That's hard... BuddyRoo, possibly, or Alagirl, or Propspony, or Lex...well... because he's Lex and there is always great speculation of his looks!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for: I don't typically jump in front of trains!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood: The Crone

17. Most Valuable Friend(s) that you have gained as a result of this BB:Not sure, I value most everybody!

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year: Not sure.

19. Thing(s) you would change most about the BB: Not much.

20. What you like best about the BB?: Everybody is very honest. Sometimes overly so.

21. Has anyone/thing/topic changed the way you live?: Not really, I have gotten some great ideas though!

22. In general - how was 2012 for you? Great! Here's to an equal 2013!

Loved the OT canoeing thread, and also remember the OT one where the guy came over the OP's house, and used the potty....and I mean, REALLY used the potty. It would stink up the OP's whole place...it was a (weekly?) meeting of some sort?...And then I think the OP's Mom mentioned this fellow liked the OP.

Um, yeah, "I've Got the Sh*ts for you"....

When I read this thread last year so many people mentioned Leena that I had to look up her thread. It was so inspiring and I go back on a regular basis when needed as well as anxiously await updates.

I also loved the canoeing thread, funny stuff.

Overall I am so thankful for COTH - the wisdom, laughter and tears that you all offer is so appreciated. Gosh knows you all have saved me vet and therapist bills!

I'd like to add: #10) most inspirational poster: For me it would have to be Zu Zu, I personally consider her the CoTH cheerleader. Always positive and colorful to boot! , and I guess she would fall into the category of which poster I'd like to meet as well, along with Tamara from Tennessee.

Just love ZU ZU. I just get a "hop, skip, waddle and a whoomph" in my step hauling out the water buckets after reading one of your warm & fuzzies!

Leena and Tamara have been so inspirational this year.