The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wahl KM2 2-speed clippers?

My x-mas gift to myself this year will be a new pair of clippers. I'm looking for something capable of doing a body clip 1x a year and touch-ups the rest of the year. I've been deciding between the Andis AGC2 clippers and the Wahl KM2. The KM2 sounds more interesting, but has fewer reviews that I can track down. Does anyone here have experience with these clippers? Any other recommendations? I'm looking to spend less than $200. Thanks!!

I have a pair and am less than thrilled. The motor can't seem to handle any wide blade. After a few minutes the blade will stop feeding hair. Having the blades realigned by my sharpener guy will fix it...until it happens again. They do ok with the regular 10 blade, but 10 W or 7 W, no way. No one has been able to diagnose the problem but I haven't tried super hard. I have done a whole body clip with the AGC2s and liked them. Wish I had bought that model.

KM2 I love mine, but age may be a factor. Purchased new in 2001 for around $100. Body clip 10 horses 2x and show preps 20x yearly. And although I should, have nevr given correct maintnace.