The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LittleblackMorgan View Post
    A dog with a new people brother? Who only does it on the days I work, and she's not being left for any longer than she ever was ?
    Does my dog need therapy ?
    Here is what I think. With any new issue, it's probably a good idea to run it by your vet and see if any further tests are warranted (maybe a urinalysis or a fecal exam?). If everything checks out medically, then I think that there are two possibilities. The first is that the change in routine with the change in her routine with the baby has affected her, and so she can't make it through the day right now. The other is that as she ages, her ability to hold it won't be the same as it was when she was younger. As people get older and as animals get older, things can change. I've had older animals that checked out medically reasonably well, but as they aged they weren't able to wait as long as when they were younger.

I had a dog that started pooping & peeing in in the house. I thought she was mad at me because sometimes it was on my bed. Turned out she was having seizures. She had one while I was home and I figured it out. I felt awful because I scolded her and banned her from the bedroom.
    If there are no pets in Heaven then I want to go where they went !!!
    RIP Maybe June 13, 1993-Sept. 23, 2006,Dexter March 11, 1983-Sept. 23, 2009, Joey 1997?- June 21, 2012
    www.equistarfarm.com