The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default just for fun, critique please

I'm just looking for critique thoughts on this one, if anyone feels like sharing :-) TIA

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=710

Default Pretty

Love bay TBs. Don't know anything about bloodlines, but the horse looks pretty nice, though I always think race horse fit=skinny. Left knee slightly different than right knee, decent uphill leanings for a 4yo, shortish neck but I could live with it, and not sure what the shoes are. This is what I consider a classic Thoroughbred and I love them. If you can do the work yourself, $800 is a steal.

1 members found this post helpful.

Cute as a button! And nice sweet little trot. In a heartbeat!

I've never looked at thsi site until now...

What is the deal wtih the crummy feet on these horses? (Not being snarky, but why are they so ... unblanced and have such underrun heels???)
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

^^^ That was my first thought, cute horse - but egad, what have they done to her feet? I have seen bullnose toes in the back from bad angles, but she even has them in the front. Too bad so many racing TBs have been trimmed / shod with no heel and crazy long toes.

I wonder, have there been any surveys done regarding toe length / hoof angle and track injuries?

the feet are typical race shot Tb feet...Once she gets her plates pulled and a decent farrier trims and reshods her they will look completely different..Long toe, no heel is so freakin common its not even funny at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    the feet are typical race shot Tb feet...Once she gets her plates pulled and a decent farrier trims and reshods her they will look completely different..Long toe, no heel is so freakin common its not even funny at the track.
    that's what my farrier said, the last one I got off the track, he put him in leather pads w/shoes for a couple of visits, now he's all grown out and balanced.

I really like her, wish I could take in another!

She's lovely, IMO. And her price is now reduced--only $500. And I would imagine, they'd probably take a cash offer of less for a quick, easy sale. Not that I'm trying to enable anyone or anything. lol

Sheila
    Chestnut Run Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

She looks nice. I love those classic TB types with the smooth patherish type walk she has.

She looked a little stiff on the RF trotting at the end, but it may have been my eyes. For $500, with her nice build and temperment, she'd be a steal of a project.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut Run View Post
    She's lovely, IMO. And her price is now reduced--only $500. And I would imagine, they'd probably take a cash offer of less for a quick, easy sale. Not that I'm trying to enable anyone or anything. lol

Sheila
    LOL, and if they're anything like @ Suffolk, $500 is a suggestion :-) I really wish I could take another, but unless someone wants to take my 2 1/2 yr old and get her going under saddle for me, there's no room in the wallet

My OTTB mare was listed on Canter for $500... she's the fanciest thing I've ever owned. When I went to pull the $ out of my pocket the trainer said, "I'll take $250". Of course I took up less than 10 minutes of his time and didn't ask for time to have a vet check... that probably helped.

my husband's gelding we took off the track in 2011, he was listed at $500, I looked at him with my trainer, but he had been blistered and was sore, didn't have a full range of motion in one of his front ankles.... so I was prepared to pass (even tho he was probably the nicest looking horse available that day)

hubby had hung back, talking to the gelding's trainer, and when I looked back-- I see the hubs standing there with the horse's head on his shoulder.... then later, happened to walk by the trainer on the way to another barn, trainer says "that $500 is just a suggestion, you can have him for $1, give him the winter off and he'll be fine by spring" << and the hubs was on the hook from that minute, ha ha!

I couldn't tell hubby no. even if gelding ended off a pasture pet, all the years and horses I've brought home, leased, dumped money into (and out of LOL) he's never once said no and meant it.

gelding got the winter off, is sound and in retraining, moves beautifully, and has the absolute best temperament of any horse I've ever dealt with, anywhere, at any time. I actually looked @ that foaltrack website the other day, trying to find another one with his breeding! :-)